Dublin vs Laois 5th june 2011

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, May 25, 2011, 05:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: goal 10 on May 27, 2011, 07:12:28 PM
I'LL SAY IT AGAIN

QUIGLEY WANT'S A GOOD KICK UP THE BACKSIDE.

Indeed good potential, but too leisurely in possesion

I note also mj t has been hauled of against donegal and longford most recently, can he cut the mustard under pressure

Sheehan is a definite liability if he decides to start throwing his weight around, we have a couple of guys who can take care of him  ;)

Either ways Im a season ticket holder and have not missed a game this year, ill be in spain for this one though in the local bar  >:(

The Boy Wonder

It's a pity Laois have to play our best midfielder, Kevin Meaney, at full-back. Brendan Quigley is at his best with a strong partner such as Meaney. Strangely Quigley doesn't seem to play as well with fellow Timahoe man Padraig Clancy.
I don't understand some of the abuse Quigley gets. OK he got a red during the league but showed great restraint in final againt Donegal when atacked. Was unlucky to get a yellow card last Sunday for pulling on a ball that was was there to play.

Jinxy

Every time I watch Laois I have my fingers crossed somebody will close that Sheehan lads gob for him.
It'd be worth the red card.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on May 28, 2011, 10:10:37 AM
Every time I watch Laois I have my fingers crossed somebody will close that Sheehan lads gob for him.
It'd be worth the red card.

Hopefully none of our lads are drawn in by his ape like antics ............................ I recall brian cullen put him in his place a few years back though  :)

Laois number 3 meaney, ive been impressed with him I have to say................... if  his natural position is midfield Id put him in there with quigley and even shove begley back into fb position, i think begley still thinks hes in aus land the way he strides around

The best advice I would give laois is to try and play football, and not start any physical battles with our lads, the myth of laois size is dead and buried imho as you have some bigger lads around the park than us, dont try and prove that on the day though. because goombeens like sheehan will get themselves sent off or battered  ;D

Dont try any tunnels antics either, should be a good game on the day, but I feel mcnultys very negatives tactics wont work on the day

The Aristocrat

Quote from: laoislad on May 25, 2011, 06:28:01 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 25, 2011, 05:11:31 PM
Long time viewer, and first time poster............

Whats your views on the upcoming game ?  :)

Dublin will have this won before most of the intoxicated/stoned Hill 16 Dublin "fans" have staggered into the stadium.
Dublin will win by 10+ points IMO.

Nothing would give me more pleasure in seeing the whining lemons go home crying, give Joe Duffy a call on the monday to give out no doubt.

Dubs by 2.

laoislad

Quote from: The Aristocrat on May 28, 2011, 03:07:32 PM

Dublin will have this won before most of the intoxicated/stoned Hill 16 Dublin "fans" have staggered into the stadium.

Nothing would give me more pleasure in seeing the whining lemons go home crying, give Joe Duffy a call on the monday to give out no doubt.

Dubs by 2.

You need to get a girlfriend...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2011, 05:21:49 PM

Dubs by 2.

says the messi lover...................... even messi wouldnt save ya come the 5th  ;)

Onlooker

i would say that Laois will be much better than they were against Longford, but Dublin will win this one.  I agree with those who see Sheehan as a liability for Laois.  I believe they would be much better off if the left out the Kerryman.

ross4life

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 28, 2011, 11:13:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2011, 05:21:49 PM

Dubs by 2.

says the messi lover...................... even messi wouldnt save ya come the 5th  ;)

It's worse than that.....he's really a Liverpool loving Laois man living in Dublin.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

I've never known a GAA man to say "backside" before.

squire_in_navy_slacks

what type of attendance are we looking at on the day......................... 50,000, flour power are sure to bring a few

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe best advice I would give laois is to try and play football, and not start any physical battles with our lads, the myth of laois size is dead and buried imho as you have some bigger lads around the park than us, dont try and prove that on the day though. because goombeens like sheehan will get themselves sent off or battered

Sorry but this Dublin team are the most least intimidating in recent memory, in fact I would say they are soft, where are all the Keith Barrs gone!!! They need a couple of tough bastards imho.
#newbridgeornowhere

goal 10

Here goes!! This is my opinion of the Laois team.

CULLETON- good shot stopper need's to get his kickouts on target.

HEALY- Good man to man marker, hope to see him on Bernard Brogan.

MEANEY - Still learning, playing at full back and getting better - could be the answer in the future at no 3

TIMMONS - Sound, but needs to get closer to his man.

STRONG - good going forward, but his first job is to defend.

JULIAN - Big surprise, steady & strong.

O'LEARY - Still needs to get stronger in the tackle, good man to mark Alan Brogan.

BEGLEY - If he is good enough for JUSTIN, that's good enough for me!!

QUIGLEY - [Where do I start) Disipline - Gets a card in every game - Looses the ball in contact - Forgets to pick up his man at times - Scores very little - But I still think he will come good some day.

CARROLL - Got a few nice scores, but disappointed with his work rate.

O'LAOUGLIN - Can't make this fellow out, but has huge potential.

DONOHER - Keeps trying, hard worker, worth a score or two.

MULLELLY - He has not scored in the last few games, he needs to get on the score board again.

SHEEHAN - Should be in the National Boxing Stadium, rather than Croke Park!!

TIERNEY - Can't win the 50-50 ball, can't get away from his marker.

CLANCY -   We need him back in midfield.

LILLIS - Very impressed with this Guy, worth a start against Dublin?

KINGSTON - Wish he was fit, We need him at fullforward.

BOYLE - Good Sub to come on.

So my team for Sunday against Dublin is

CULLETON
                         HEALEY - MEANEY - TIMMONS
                         STRONG - JULIAN - O'LEARY
                                   CLANCY - QUIGLEY
                         BEGLEY - O'LOUGHLIN - DONOHER
                         MULLELLY - KINGSTON - LILLIS

I don't expect to win, but I hope our boys put up a good performance, Win or Loose I am still a proud Laois man]

bennydorano

If Laois stifle BB what else is there to fear??  With McNulty there Laois will be hard to beat (and watch probably), it'll be a gameplan designed especially for the Dubs with the Longford game a distant memory.  If Laois have a bit of belief in themselves and dont shit the nest they can win.   

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: bennydorano on May 30, 2011, 02:16:12 PM
If Laois stifle BB what else is there to fear??  With McNulty there Laois will be hard to beat (and watch probably), it'll be a gameplan designed especially for the Dubs with the Longford game a distant memory.  If Laois have a bit of belief in themselves and dont shit the nest they can win.

meh................ not sure we are a one trick pony, we have alan back to somewhere near his best, connolly is playing well, ogara even though hes not easy on the eye, will trouble any defense........... we have options outside of bernard