Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 23, 2011, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 23, 2011, 05:37:13 PM
I wonder why the Ulster Council didn't fix this game for the marshes!

Would have been pretty handy for both clubs, would it not?

There was a toss up between the teams, if Burren won it would be in Newry, if Cross won(which they did) it was to be played in Armagh.  Joined up thinking by the 2 clubs and a sensible decision all round.

Definitely a sensible decision. The alternative would have been Clones or Omagh meaning a lot of inconvenience for supporters. If its a good day I can see a big crowd at this one, possibly round 10,000.

Milltown Row2

No big surprise in the drop of odds, I hope the wife doesn't check the bank till Monday ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2011, 10:20:13 PM
No big surprise in the drop of odds, I hope the wife doesn't check the bank till Monday ;)

In the same boat only I've tanked Cross on the handicap -2pts.

armaghniac

QuoteThe alternative would have been Clones or Omagh meaning a lot of inconvenience for supporters

They could have played it in Cross', room for 10,000 there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

BC1 i know all about what your talking about...heard it on Sunday myself but don't know how Tony Mac has approached it from then to now??? If he bends the rules to suit he'll not be there next year ;)

P.S. i think i'll have a piece of 3/1 for Burren or prob the +3pts for 1/1 which is def a cracker bet...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

forevergreen

All the talk of reasons to doubt Cross's favourite tag and rumours of problems is a childs way of inticing Burren into a false hope. Great Imaginations in the province.

Burren will give Cross a real battle and I have an inkling thery might nick it

brokencrossbar1

I don't think you hear any Cross people making this anything other than a 2-3 point game either way.  Burren are a serious outfit and are very confident of winning, and why not be confident?  Of course we are favourites but that is logical as well,  doesn't mean that when the ball is thrown in that things won't change.  The team that makes the best start and sticks to their own game plan as much as possible for as long as possible will win this game.

Applesisapples

What is all this wink wink cryptic stuff? Has there been a fall out in Cross?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Applesisapples

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 24, 2011, 11:38:43 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 24, 2011, 11:26:23 AM
What is all this wink wink cryptic stuff? Has there been a fall out in Cross?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc
Ahh right John Cleese is lining out at midflield...I must be thick but I'm still lost.

Milltown Row2

Even if Francie Bellew was playing in midfield on Sunday it would make no difference to the scoreline.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

The match is not showing on TnaG, expect a big crowd at this one. Any word of the teams yet?