Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbiegael

Ballinderry have played much better with 14 men, have put a bit of pride back in the jersey! Muldoon is still their best player, he is a joy to watch.

Have to say the Ballinderry corner-backs are a real weak-link on their team.

Expect Cross to pull away in the last ten.

ross4life

2nd super save that Ballinderry keeper pulled off
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: robbiegael on November 13, 2011, 03:41:08 PM
Ballinderry have played much better with 14 men, have put a bit of pride back in the jersey! Muldoon is still their best player, he is a joy to watch.

Have to say the Ballinderry corner-backs are a real weak-link on their team.

Expect Cross to pull away in the last ten.
Last ten how much injury time are you expecting?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Moortown Spuds

Had to go. He gets away with so much-very cynical player.

INDIANA

Moortown Spuds

Game set and match but Ballinderry did themselves proud.

tyroneman

Should have been a straight red for Kernan. Dirty act.

brokencrossbar1

Great game, both teams played well.  28 scores at this time of the year is very good. Game played in the right spirit.  Usual suspects out for the anti Cross campaign.  AK desrved to go, definitely second yellow, same as Harney.  4 point win probably is right for the difference between the 2 teams over the hour.

yellowcard

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2011, 03:14:16 PM
Sure we were shite also  :D :D

Whoever thought Cross would have their hardest game today was on the wind up.

Cross playing football and don't look as if they have got out of first gear. If Burren win through to the final they should give them a game

Ask the Cross lads which game was their hardest now? If Ballinderry had played at all in the first half they could have won it. Cross still massive favourites and I don't think they'll be beat at this stage.

DownFanatic

Thought the Cross/B'derry game was quite enjoyable. B'derry came back well in the 2nd half with Wilkinson and Gilligan prominent. However, XMG's experience told in the end.

Big advantage from Cross's point of view is that they can afford for the likes of Clarke and McConville to have quiet enough games as they have the likes of the Kernan's and that to chip in with the scores.

Very impressed with the Ballinderry keeper today. Some brilliant shot stopping. Probably would have had Colin Devlin in from the start. Muldoon took some fine fetches in the 2nd half.

Would love to see a XMG/Burren Final. Still think that XMG are slightly vulnerable at the back.

David McKeown

Excellent game almost spoilt by an inconsistently fussy and poor refereeing performance. Didn't see the Kernan incident but from where I was sat Ballinderry 14 should have been sent off twice. First incident looked like a clear elbow to the side of the head. Second incident looked like a clear strike.

Two very impressive sides particularly Cross who would give some county teams a run for their money.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Throw ball

Thought Cross were brilliant in the first half only to fall asleep in the second. But they won as they usually do. The major difference to me was that Cross had a number of players who could take a point from distance while Ballinderry took more out of the ball. For what was a surprisingly clean game I find it hard to believe that two players were sent off. Hanratty did not look himself and I would suspect this may have been due to his injury in the last game. Thought Paul Kernan was definitely missed and if he is out for the final the winners of the other semi will be all the happier. Thought Sludden was better than I expected but he still favoured the 14 men at the start of the second half - as all referees seem to. On a final note if Clarke got booked for his reaction surely the Ballinderry player should have got booked too for doing what Aaron Kernan got sent off for?

Orior

Good display by XMG today. Ballinderry plugged the holes in the second half and made it interesting, but MOM for me was Tony Kernan.

Great to see a big crowd too.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on November 13, 2011, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2011, 03:14:16 PM
Sure we were shite also  :D :D

Whoever thought Cross would have their hardest game today was on the wind up.

Cross playing football and don't look as if they have got out of first gear. If Burren win through to the final they should give them a game

Ask the Cross lads which game was their hardest now? If Ballinderry had played at all in the first half they could have won it. Cross still massive favourites and I don't think they'll be beat at this stage.

You failed to put my last post up concerning the game, i thought Ballinderry were the better team with 14 men. But on the bases of the first half, of which i could only post at the time (being halftime) they were crap, and Cross were making them look slow and lacking direction. That changed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea