Pre Championship challenges

Started by DuffleKing, May 13, 2011, 09:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 13, 2011, 05:31:31 PM
Leitrim are shaping up well in challenge games (wins over Carlow,Clare & a draw with Cavan) Sligonian must be slightly worried?
The last time we lost to leitrim we played 6 challenges and won them all leading up that game , scalps included, donegal, kildare and dublin, i know all our challenge results this yr but im keeping stum this yr, they mean nothing. I am worried though and have low expectations this yr.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

DuffleKing

Armagh play Westmeath over the weekend

mylestheslasher

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 14, 2011, 12:17:11 AM
Leitrim are shaping up well in challenge games (wins over Carlow,Clare & a draw with Cavan) Sligonian must be slightly worried?
The last time we lost to leitrim we played 6 challenges and won them all leading up that game , scalps included, donegal, kildare and dublin, i know all our challenge results this yr but im keeping stum this yr, they mean nothing. I am worried though and have low expectations this yr.

Ye lost to monaghan at the opening of bunninaddens pitch a few weeks ago. Oops, cat out of the bag now!

GAA_Punter

Mayo 0-08 lead Offaly 0-05 at HT

Blowitupref

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 14, 2011, 02:01:52 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 14, 2011, 12:17:11 AM

Ye lost to monaghan at the opening of bunninaddens pitch a few weeks ago. Oops, cat out of the bag now!

:D
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ballinaman

Gael85

Clare beat Sligo last weekend 1-10 to 1-8

fan01

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on May 13, 2011, 07:35:42 PM
We have games coming up against Westmeath and one rumored against Leitrim but I don't have any details about them.

Friday night in Rosemount at 7.30 for the opening of their new pitch.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

DuffleKing

Quote from: fan01 on May 15, 2011, 09:25:26 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on May 14, 2011, 01:33:48 PM

Any word who won?

Armagh won comprehensively but i think both teams were fairly depleted. Armagh fielded without possible starters in Moriarty, toner, Lavery, McDonnell & Clarke. Swift out for the down game obviously.

Paddy Heaney reckons today that Vernon played full forward but noone i talked to mentioned that.

shark

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 19, 2011, 11:50:34 AM

Any word who won?

Armagh won comprehensively but i think both teams were fairly depleted. Armagh fielded without possible starters in Moriarty, toner, Lavery, McDonnell & Clarke. Swift out for the down game obviously.

Paddy Heaney reckons today that Vernon played full forward but noone i talked to mentioned that.

From a Westmeath point of view it was an impressive 45 minutes when they had the lead, followed by a hammering in the remaining 25.  The change coinciding with the substitution of Daragh Daly who was lording it at midfield.  Westmeath not short too many, only really the 4 Garrycastle players.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on May 19, 2011, 04:18:12 PM

Any word who won?

From a Westmeath point of view it was an impressive 45 minutes when they had the lead, followed by a hammering in the remaining 25.  The change coinciding with the substitution of Daragh Daly who was lording it at midfield.  Westmeath not short too many, only really the 4 Garrycastle players.

What was the team shark?

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 19, 2011, 04:57:59 PM

Any word who won?

What was the team shark?

Connaughton, Warburton, Boyle, Finnan, Curley, Gavin, Martin, Daly, Corroon, Quinn, Wilson, Sharry, Greville, Tormey, Denis Glennon.  Plenty of subs introduced including Murtagh, Lynam, Duffy and Darren Quinn.

Half back line were very good, and that's with Ennis, Harte and James Dolan to come in to the reckoning.  Only Greville and Glennon looked dangerous up front.  Daly caught a serious amount of ball in the middle and kicked 3 points as well.  The fact that Flanagan took him off first indicates to me that he wasn't really worried about the result.  I think we might have seen the end of Murtagh this year, probably 5th choice now behind Daly, Corroon, Heslin and a hopefully fit Duffy.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on May 19, 2011, 07:49:30 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 19, 2011, 04:57:59 PM

Any word who won?

What was the team shark?

Connaughton, Warburton, Boyle, Finnan, Curley, Gavin, Martin, Daly, Corroon, Quinn, Wilson, Sharry, Greville, Tormey, Denis Glennon.  Plenty of subs introduced including Murtagh, Lynam, Duffy and Darren Quinn.

Half back line were very good, and that's with Ennis, Harte and James Dolan to come in to the reckoning.  Only Greville and Glennon looked dangerous up front.  Daly caught a serious amount of ball in the middle and kicked 3 points as well.  The fact that Flanagan took him off first indicates to me that he wasn't really worried about the result.  I think we might have seen the end of Murtagh this year, probably 5th choice now behind Daly, Corroon, Heslin and a hopefully fit Duffy.

Thanks shark, heading down to Rosemount tonight. Can't understand why he's not giving Murtagh a run out in the half forwards. Any word on Natchie's fitness?