My Way Access

Started by ziggysego, May 11, 2011, 01:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I hope this isn't looked at spamming, but here goes.

For the past wee while, I have been working hard on getting a wee project off the ground. It's now up and running, but in it's early stages.

I have set up a website for disabled people. On the site, it will list all public buildings and companies that people can use, plus a wee review about how good it is for disabled people. Whether that be the access, the parking facilities, the co-operation of the staff, etc..

Visitors can then register to the website and leave their own feedback regarding these businesses and rate the businesses on a variety of different topics.

If there is a business that hasn't been listed, then the visitor can submit a business and their own review of the place. This will be monitored, so nothing goes live without my approval.

So if you're disabled, have friends or family members that are disabled, point them in the direction of my website.

www.MyWayAccess.com
www.facebook.com/MyWayAccess
www.twitter.com/MyWayAccess
Testing Accessibility

Pangurban

I applaud your initative Ziggy, excellent idea and much needed resource, hope your site is a big success

heganboy

Ziggy,
best of luck with this!
HB
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omagh_gael

How did Eddie McCullaghs do? ;)

Tony Baloney

Nice job Ziggy. How will you ensure posts are factually correct in case you get grief from proprietors?

Orior

Thats a great idea Ziggy and good luck with it.

I'm sure as you gain critcal mass then certain organisations might want to advertise and you could get some revenue for your efforts (if not already). You should get some government funding too.

My only other comments would be to consider how folk might use the site other than just a straight search.

For example, how could I plan a trip around the north west in July with 20 tee-totallers?

Or a trip for a disabled basketball team to Fermanagh, arriving in Aldergrove Airport from Spain .

Or I'm thinking of moving how to the Ards peninsular - can I get a graphical view of accessible amenities?

Or I want to see Armagh beat Down in the USFC. Where can I go for lunch and how can I get to the ground?

etc etc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Kerry Mike

Well done Mr Ziggy hope it's a great success for you !

You may have alot of work montoring places espeically for little known places but hopefullly you get to build up a good database over time.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. As you can see, it's still in it's infancy, but I hope it willl soon become known and spread more there. You may have seen in the papers recently talking about it ;)

The website is basic at the moment, as I'm funding it myself, but once people start joining and using the website, I hope to advertise and get the website developed further.

Again, I'm not plugging here to make money, it's something I believe passionately about. So if you know any disabled people, please let them know about my website and social media sites.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

One of my family members are disabled so I'll be passing on this info..Best of luck & fair play to you Ziggy!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on May 11, 2011, 03:09:35 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. As you can see, it's still in it's infancy, but I hope it willl soon become known and spread more there. You may have seen in the papers recently talking about it ;)

The website is basic at the moment, as I'm funding it myself, but once people start joining and using the website, I hope to advertise and get the website developed further.

Again, I'm not plugging here to make money, it's something I believe passionately about. So if you know any disabled people, please let them know about my website and social media sites.
Tweet all those journos you follow and tell them to do a piece for the evening news. If they don't, accuse them of not being interested in the Equality Act...

gallsman

Great work Ziggy, fair play. One question. Fred f**king Durst?!?!?

Lecale2

Great work young man! This could go global!

laoislad

Best of luck Ziggy,fair play to you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Check out Adam Hill's Comically Challenged on BBC 2 NI tonight at 10.00pm. I was originally meant to take part in today's show, which was filmed this time last year.

Unfortunately I took ill the week before and had to pull out of the show. However it promises to be a very entertaining and enlightening programme for all to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012rgxh

On another note, My Way Access is starting to get noticed now. UTV will be doing a feature on the website, in the coming weeks, maybe Friday. Sarah Clarke will be interview me about it and I would be showing her what is it like to be a disabled person in the north. Hopefully it will be an interesting news item. :)
Testing Accessibility

Lecale2

Is this site still active?