Eurovison 2011 thread (can the twins win it?)

Started by ross4life, May 09, 2011, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

With Jedward installed as 2nd favourites for the contest it means they have a good chance of winning. If they do win would this not be a very bad advertisement for Ireland and also de value the accomplishments of previous great Irish winners - Logan, Dana, Kavanagh, Martin, Harrington & McGettigan and Quinn????

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 13, 2011, 11:28:47 AM
With Jedward installed as 2nd favourites for the contest it means they have a good chance of winning. If they do win would this not be a very bad advertisement for Ireland and also de value the accomplishments of previous great Irish winners - Logan, Dana, Kavanagh, Martin, Harrington & McGettigan and Quinn????

Nostalgia getting the better of you? Or you are on the wind-up?
I would rather listen to myself farting than listen to any of the above artists...
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on May 13, 2011, 11:23:41 AM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 13, 2011, 11:20:15 AM
I've had the bastarding song Lipstick in me head all morning, feck you Jedward, my brain cells are few and far between to be wasting them on you !

I've bosnia, estonia and sweden all each way bets. One of em bound to make top 4... :-\

I backed the twins at 50-1 (alas I only put €2 on them)
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 14, 2011, 10:03:42 AM
I've had the bastarding song Lipstick in me head all morning, feck you Jedward, my brain cells are few and far between to be wasting them on you !

I've bosnia, estonia and sweden all each way bets. One of em bound to make top 4... :-\

You can lay them at 5.6 now on Betfair. Lay for €18 and you collect a little over €15 win or lose.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 14, 2011, 10:03:42 AM

Good value considering they are down to 5/1, but this is only based on how the bets are being taken, surely not on the quality of the song, though in this competition it is a complete lottery and the twins are as good a bet as the Germans and the rest. England still wont win, even if Robbie Williams was singing Angles for the first time, they still wouldn't win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Dana Int'l is back representing Israel @ Eurovision. She was worried she wouldn't get past the semis but a cold shower soon sorted that out. - @jimmycarr
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Like the sound of Denmark's entry and it's a good price.

Still undecided about that French effort. Best vocal but not sure the masses will go for it. Also, he has a sweaty lip.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gawa316

Blowitupref

What's the point of all this jumping around Jedward do? they look fecking stupid.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

muppet

MWWSI 2017