Twitter...Who do you follow?

Started by Dave, May 06, 2011, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 20, 2011, 08:11:44 AM
Anyone know what was wrong with Stephen Nolan last night?

Can't stand that bastid so don't follow him.

ziggysego

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 20, 2011, 08:11:44 AM
Anyone know what was wrong with Stephen Nolan last night?

Don't know, but Eamonn Mallie was very worried about him.
Testing Accessibility

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

Bingo

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on December 09, 2011, 10:45:24 AM
Any GAA players worth following?

Colm Parkinson is worth following just to see what an high opinion he has of himself and now desparate he is to be controversal.
Dick Clerkin can be interesting.
Paul Galvin is....well Paul Galvin.

Its actually interesting to follow some of them and how often they seem to train, run, gym work - they always let you know anyway.  ;) Its very apparent that their is a new type of footballer out their that are trainly daily and life is all about the game - they coach it, play it and social life revolves round it. Yet when you see games its hard to see where this dedication is paying off bar fitness levels.

5 Sams

Stevie from Killeavy annoyed a few United supporters the other night after the Basle game :D
The Aristocrat Years

Bingo

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 09, 2011, 11:44:17 AM
Stevie from Killeavy annoyed a few United supporters the other night after the Basle game :D

He did and enjoyed it as well  :D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Bingo on December 09, 2011, 11:06:37 AM

Its actually interesting to follow some of them and how often they seem to train, run, gym work - they always let you know anyway.  ;) Its very apparent that their is a new type of footballer out their that are trainly daily and life is all about the game - they coach it, play it and social life revolves round it. Yet when you see games its hard to see where this dedication is paying off bar fitness levels.

Why am I thinking you are talking about The Mort? ;D

Bingo

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 09, 2011, 12:10:18 PM
Quote from: Bingo on December 09, 2011, 11:06:37 AM

Why am I thinking you are talking about The Mort? ;D

Was it that obvious! A few like him though. There is a local player on twitter and to see his tweets you'd think he was Kieran McGeeney.

JohnDenver

Did anybody notice last week Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain all tweeting David McKenna of Crossmaglen a happy Birthday?

These weren't retweets, so I was wondering what the connection was there?  Has Wenger had McKenna over trying to put a bit of steel into the Arsenal midfield or what's the story?

5 Sams

Quote from: Medic on May 08, 2011, 01:42:21 PM
surprised no one has mentioned thebig_sam  :D

He's in some form today :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

GalwayBayBoy

Finally downloaded the new Twitter app today. Have to say I am not impressed. The old version used to be a simple intuitive app to use but they have made it unnecessarily fiddly to navigate.

By the way how do you view the public replies a person has been getting? Used to be easy to do but after half an hour on the phone I still haven't figured it out on the new version?

Gaffer

Tyrone's Cathal McCarron.

He tweeted that he got presents nicked from his car last night.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 24, 2011, 08:16:18 PM
Finally downloaded the new Twitter app today. Have to say I am not impressed. The old version used to be a simple intuitive app to use but they have made it unnecessarily fiddly to navigate.

By the way how do you view the public replies a person has been getting? Used to be easy to do but after half an hour on the phone I still haven't figured it out on the new version?

You can't, as far as I know GBB, I deleted it for that reason and downloaded Tweetbot (IPhone) from app store, much better. Couldn't believe how much worse the Twitter app was and it was supposed to be an improvement !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2011, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 24, 2011, 08:16:18 PM

You can't, as far as I know GBB, I deleted it for that reason and downloaded Tweetbot (IPhone) from app store, much better. Couldn't believe how much worse the Twitter app was and it was supposed to be an improvement !

Might give Tweetbox a go tomorrow. Yeah the more I play around with the new Twitter app the worse it's getting. It's like they decided to make it as user-unfriendly as possible.

Tony Baloney

A few of the people on Twitter were crying about the last upgrade so I'm still on the previous version. I guess that makes me smarter.