Female Linesman gets nailed !

Started by Kerry Mike, May 05, 2011, 12:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: laoislad on May 05, 2011, 07:12:32 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 05, 2011, 04:48:48 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 05, 2011, 04:40:10 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 05, 2011, 04:37:25 PM
I agree on A totally did it on purpose, fairly obvious imo.

Yeah the more I watch it I think he meant it.

That's what I thought as well until I went back to have a look at what az said. He actually nicks the ball before the defender gets there, goes to chase it before it goes out over the end line and clobbers your one. The ignoramus should have at least offered to help her up though, surprised she didn't chase him using her flag as an umbrella.

Edit: What AZ just said.

Yeah maybe he couldn't have avoided her but I just think he gave her a little extra just to make sure she fell..

As for picking her up if he didn't mean to knock her over...well yes I agree it would be the mannerly thing to do in normal walks of life,but if it was a male linesman would we say the same thing?
If she wants to be treated equally as men in the game and not have it a issue that she is a female then I'm sure she wouldn't want to have been fussed over and was probably quite happy to jump back up herself and get on with the game..just a thought
Id say most players would throw a hand out to a linesman or ref if they collided with them, a lot even do it to players from the other team!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: laoislad on May 05, 2011, 07:12:32 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 05, 2011, 04:48:48 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 05, 2011, 04:40:10 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 05, 2011, 04:37:25 PM
I agree on A totally did it on purpose, fairly obvious imo.

Yeah the more I watch it I think he meant it.

That's what I thought as well until I went back to have a look at what az said. He actually nicks the ball before the defender gets there, goes to chase it before it goes out over the end line and clobbers your one. The ignoramus should have at least offered to help her up though, surprised she didn't chase him using her flag as an umbrella.

Edit: What AZ just said.

Yeah maybe he couldn't have avoided her but I just think he gave her a little extra just to make sure she fell..

As for picking her up if he didn't mean to knock her over...well yes I agree it would be the mannerly thing to do in normal walks of life,but if it was a male linesman would we say the same thing?
If she wants to be treated equally as men in the game and not have it a issue that she is a female then I'm sure she wouldn't want to have been fussed over and was probably quite happy to jump back up herself and get on with the game..just a thought

If it was a male linesman I don't think it's too much to expect a hand up if a player has knocked him over. Agreed that your one comes out of it with credit for just jumping up and signaling the goal kick.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

nifan

Male or female he should have apologised - it was a hard hit and the ball was out of play then anyway.
She did well to keep so composed after.

magpie seanie

Quote from: nifan on May 06, 2011, 11:13:10 AM
Male or female he should have apologised - it was a hard hit and the ball was out of play then anyway.
She did well to keep so composed after.

Saw it live and that was my feeling at the time. Credit again to Sian Massey in the latest controvery not of her making that she's involved in.

On watching it again I think he could have avoided her.

ross matt

Male or female and whether deliberate or could have been avoided he should have apologised. She didnt look for an apology or sympathy which speaks volumes for her character.

dillinger

He hit her on purpose is my view of it. When the League see the footage i think he's for it.

STREET FIGHTER

Thats a joke.

He defo meant to hit her.

Coward.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Ya he defo a big ape of a p***k, should get a big ban for this. If he hit a male ref or linesman in the same way I would expect a ban too.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 07, 2011, 08:54:34 AM

if she is dressed like that and running about that place you's boys are heading to next week for the golf, i reckon she could be "nailed" again before sunday ! especially with muppet about.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Dinny Breen

I'd say AZ will be out with his rule book, trying to redefine what a scramble is...
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 07, 2011, 09:21:01 AM
I'd say AZ will be out with his rule book, trying to redefine what a scramble is...

:D :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

rrhf