Sligo v Leitrim 22-5-11

Started by Blowitupref, May 01, 2011, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Doesn't seem to be any thread on this game? should be a big interest from the rossies followers here

Have Leitrim got a chance? odds suggest they don't! Sligo 1/6 draw 10/1 Leitrim 5/1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ross4life

Yup should be of interest to us, i might tag along to Markievicz Park.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

There be fck all debate on here about this game, Hoganstand will have some though, those odds are crazy imo, Unlike last yr where ros faced leitrim without mulligan hes back with a bang this yr, we lost in 2005 1-11 to 0-9, and beat them in 2006 in a dogfight 1-7 to 0-9 in carrick in qualifiers but this is in markievicz, i expect Sligo to win by 2/3 pts after a fright but we are capable of losing aswell. Thats all im going to say on it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Don't know us rossies will keep her lit & we do have a few other Sligonians here.. maybe we should invite a few laytrum fellas & gals over?

Saw Mulligan a few weeks ago in Hyde park he's just back from injury & needs more games to be match fit.  last time ye played Leitrim in Markievicz Park you beat them by 9ts i'd expect 5/6 pts win for Sligo this time.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

oakleafgael

Sligo beat Derry today at a pitch opening by a couple of points. Derry had a fairly strong team out. Was level at half time. Any ball into the Sligo forwards looked like a certain score against a shaky Derry defence.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 01, 2011, 11:39:29 PM
Sligo beat Derry today at a pitch opening by a couple of points. Derry had a fairly strong team out. Was level at half time. Any ball into the Sligo forwards looked like a certain score against a shaky Derry defence.
Last time we lost to Leitrim in 05 we beat a full strength Donegal in a challenge 2-15 to 1-16 in oxfield so i pass no heed to challenges anymore.

We did indeed beat Leitrim in 02 in the park but Leitrim were 1-2 to 0-0 up playing against a hurricane, we hit wide after wide but got level at HT, leitrim looked primed for victory but mc garty came on a settled us.

magpie seanie

We had a very, very good squad in 2002 that lost a Connacht final cos the wrong team was picked and were unfortunate to lose after a replay to eventual AI Champions Armagh.

The odds quoted above are crazy. There won't be much in this at the end. I do think we will win by a couple of points but we could lose just as handy. Leitrim will be well up for this one.

drici

The Sligo 0-22 Leitrim 5-11 forecast in the title should make for an exciting game.

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 02, 2011, 12:15:48 PM
We had a very, very good squad in 2002 that lost a Connacht final cos the wrong team was picked and were unfortunate to lose after a replay to eventual AI Champions Armagh.

The odds quoted above are crazy. There won't be much in this at the end. I do think we will win by a couple of points but we could lose just as handy. Leitrim will be well up for this one.

Ye had indeed, i was at the OF when you beat Tyrone hard to believe it's almost 10 years ago!

Leitrim are very inconsistent & the loyal fans are becoming restless with Mickey Moran..without doubt the last chance saloon for him.

Bogball XV

Quote from: drici on May 02, 2011, 12:19:43 PM
The Sligo 0-22 Leitrim 5-11 forecast in the title should make for an exciting game.
By rights the throw in time should have been included.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 02, 2011, 01:45:16 PM

Ye had indeed, i was at the OF when you beat Tyrone hard to believe it's almost 10 years ago!

Leitrim are very inconsistent & the loyal fans are becoming restless with Mickey Moran..without doubt the last chance saloon for him.
In fairness considering our history the last 15 or so years have been very good for Sligo, could of won more titles espcially at underage. Some days in Croke park that year. Have it on tape, anytime after a bad defeat i watch them again to cheer me up.

ross matt

Better than the 07 or 10 Sligo sides in my opinion. O'Hara was amazing that year in Croker. Although his goal v Galway in the 07 Final in the Hyde will live longer in memory.

sligoman2

Well done to the sligo (the reigning junior all-ireland champions) on a successful start to their defense of the title by beating Galway by 1-10 to 1-7 in Tuam.  Hopefully is the first of a few championship wins this year.

I'm hopeful the senior team is getting back to form after an iffy league campaign.  Leitrim usually put up a good fight against us and I don't expect anything different this year.  If we can somehow get some consistency from our midfield pair I think we could win this by 3 or 4 points.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ross4life

So it's a Sligo v Mayo in the Connacht Junior final, will be a repeat in the Senior final unfortunately  :(

Blowitupref

Would have to fancy a Sligo v Mayo final alright where will the final be played?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose