The Wind that Shakes the Barley

Started by Feckitt, April 27, 2011, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Film 4 9.00pm Thursday Night.  Great show!

Milltown Row2

Thought it would have been better to be fair.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Feckitt on April 27, 2011, 12:52:19 PM
Film 4 9.00pm Thursday Night.  Great show!

Its rubbish in my opinion.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Sandino

I liked it! I wondered what people disliked about the film?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

hsthompson

Obviously mayogodhelpus didn't like it cos the film is sympathetic to the anti-treaty side, and him being a big fine gaeler. I thought it was well made and all that, but I wouldn't be a wile big fan of it's politics either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sandino on April 27, 2011, 03:10:22 PM
I liked it! I wondered what people disliked about the film?

As a film it was badly acted, and storyline was a bit crap to be fair
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Canalman

Found it very average to be honest as I did "Michael Collins." A script imo that tried to "please "all sides of the conflict and ended up a bit all over the place as a result. V similiar to the film Loach did on the Spanish Civil War. Not a bad film though, just not as good as alot of people say it is.

Not a patch on The Informer by John Ford with Victor McLaglen which has aged surprisingly well. Odd Man Out with James Mason is also excellent.

Having said that I really enjoyed Patriot Game, Prayer for the Dying and the Brad Pitt flick whose name eludes me (Devil ????) so maybe my taste in films isn't the best.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Canalman on April 27, 2011, 04:24:05 PM
Found it very average to be honest as I did "Michael Collins." A script imo that tried to "please "all sides of the conflict and ended up a bit all over the place as a result. V similiar to the film Loach did on the Spanish Civil War. Not a bad film though, just not as good as alot of people say it is.

Not a patch on The Informer by John Ford with Victor McLaglen which has aged surprisingly well. Odd Man Out with James Mason is also excellent.

Having said that I really enjoyed Patriot Game, Prayer for the Dying and the Brad Pitt flick whose name eludes me (Devil ????) so maybe my taste in films isn't the best.

I think its fair to say that as those films were pure muck!!!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 27, 2011, 04:31:43 PM

+1

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hsthompson on April 27, 2011, 03:16:26 PM
Obviously mayogodhelpus didn't like it cos the film is sympathetic to the anti-treaty side, and him being a big fine gaeler. I thought it was well made and all that, but I wouldn't be a wile big fan of it's politics either

:D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Whatever happened Crossmaglen the Movie (set in Belfast!!)

http://www.youtube.com/v/0hoICiry7Mc
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2011, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: hsthompson on April 27, 2011, 03:16:26 PM

:D

;D

Guess what I love the Michael Collins film.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross matt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2011, 04:35:07 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 27, 2011, 04:31:43 PM

+1

+1000 (the one with Pitt woeful altogether!)

ross matt

I thought it was an entertaining movie that gave a fairly authentic depiction of the flying columns but Loach really forced his own politics through it and it was pretty simplistic in the good v bad ending.