2011 Champions League Final. Manchester United v Barcelona.

Started by EC Unique, April 26, 2011, 09:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champions League Final: Who's gonna win?

Barcelona
28 (63.6%)
Manchester United
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: May 29, 2011, 01:24:59 PM

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on May 04, 2011, 09:42:50 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2011, 09:32:29 PM
The most onesided final i've seen was when Barca were hammered by AC Milan.

Yep, was an outstanding Milan performance. Especially as Barca had hockeyed United 4-0 earlier in the season.  ;)

Ah, thought I had you. Was out by a year!

The Worker

Barcelona even money to win in 90mins.... is this bet of the season?

ballinaman

Think Barca are the home team for this one, will have to wear those poxy white jerseys! Can't see anyway for United to win this one. Will be there anyways in hope of a miracle!

Minder

Quote from: ballinaman on May 04, 2011, 09:57:30 PM
Think Barca are the home team for this one, will have to wear those poxy white jerseys! Can't see anyway for United to win this one. Will be there anyways in hope of a miracle!

Why the fack not, we have "Fergie calling the shots" after all"  8)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Hope they pack the tubes of Polyfilla with them this time...
Some nasty holes left in the dressing room walls last time Manure played in Wembley .
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 04, 2011, 09:36:09 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2011, 09:32:29 PM
The most onesided final i've seen was when Barca were hammered by AC Milan.

And the first half in 2005 :) And the second half in 2005 :)

That Milan team was something else with Gullit, Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini etc etc. Was a poor enough Barca side though.

Old age AZ, Van Basten was injured, Baresi suspended and Guillit wasn't with AC that year.  That was the greatest performance that I can remember in a European final, all the more remarkable as Barca were favourites. Pep played that night as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on May 04, 2011, 09:57:30 PM

Could be worse sure at least they won't have to wear grey jerseys as they wouldn't have been able see each other on the pitch...

AZOffaly

Sorry Dinny, I must be losing it. Although my point was more general than just that one game. I meant that Milan team in the general sense. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I presume Donadoni was playing, and Costacurta? OR am I losing it completely?

new devil

:D :D LL you must be really sick tonight...Your trying to hard

Blowitupref

Last night Barcelona celebrated like they won the final however United treated that win tonight like any other game.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dave

Quote from: laoislad on May 04, 2011, 10:01:37 PM
Hope they pack the tubes of Polyfilla with them this time...
Some nasty holes left in the dressing room walls last time Manure played in Wembley .
:D

laoislad

Quote from: The Worker on May 04, 2011, 09:52:11 PM
Barcelona even money to win in 90mins.... is this bet of the season?

Sounds good alright,might have some of that myself.
Where did you see that btw?

paco

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2011, 10:08:09 PM
Last night Barcelona celebrated like they won the final however United treated that win tonight like any other game.

I think the fact that it was Real Madrid might have had something to do with it.

EC Unique

If Utd play with the pace and work rate they did in the first half yesterday they will make a game of it.

Outright Betting: Barcelona  4/9  Man Utd  7/4. Paddy Power.

oakleafgael

The Utd posters who where bleating about the playacting and harassing the referee by the Barca team in the semi final have went very quiet on the behaviour of Utd yesterday.