2011 Champions League Final. Manchester United v Barcelona.

Started by EC Unique, April 26, 2011, 09:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champions League Final: Who's gonna win?

Barcelona
28 (63.6%)
Manchester United
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: May 29, 2011, 01:24:59 PM

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 27, 2011, 11:36:21 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 27, 2011, 10:27:22 PM
As United fan winning number 19 this season is the main priority! getting to see United in the CL final (if they get there) will be added bonus.
Worth pointing out if it's Man United v Barcelona final..it will be a win-win situation for me as i have money on Barca since the group stages.

Rubbish. United need to be winning these competitions. You get no cup for getting to a final. As for it being win-win for you - what kind of supporter are you????!!!!! Ridiculous.

I think Barcelona are awesome but the Arsenal games have to give United hope.

True getting to a final has no cup but if United win the PL prior to this game I'll be happy enough & i don't think i need to prove what kind of supporter i am? I'll gladly swap the cash for glory...as they say money doesn't buy happiness!!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Quote from: clarshack on April 27, 2011, 11:38:14 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 27, 2011, 11:28:13 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 27, 2011, 11:21:20 PM
utd should have lost 3-0 against bayern back in 99 but didnt. they are the one club that is surrounded in luck, therefore in a one off game anything is possible no matter who the opposition is. even if they are 3-0 down at h/t dount count them out.

I would totally discount them, they can't score if they don't have the ball and they won't have the ball against Barcelona, no matter what "plan" Ferguson comes up with.

its got a utd win written all over it - just like liverpool in 05.

It wouldn't be near as big a fluke as that if it happened.

oakleafgael

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 27, 2011, 11:45:00 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 27, 2011, 11:38:14 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 27, 2011, 11:28:13 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 27, 2011, 11:21:20 PM
utd should have lost 3-0 against bayern back in 99 but didnt. they are the one club that is surrounded in luck, therefore in a one off game anything is possible no matter who the opposition is. even if they are 3-0 down at h/t dount count them out.

I would totally discount them, they can't score if they don't have the ball and they won't have the ball against Barcelona, no matter what "plan" Ferguson comes up with.

its got a utd win written all over it - just like liverpool in 05.

It wouldn't be near as big a fluke as that if it happened.

Thats true but the gulf in class between the two finalists would be similar.

CC1

f**k sake. This thread title is ridiculous. United are not through to the final yet. There's still another 90 minutes to play.

I'm a United fan and I hate shit like that.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

magpie seanie

Quote from: CC1 on April 27, 2011, 11:47:36 PM
f**k sake. This thread title is ridiculous. United are not through to the final yet. There's still another 90 minutes to play.

I'm a United fan and I hate shit like that.

Actually you are right. Ill leave this now until hopefully United secure their place.

new devil

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 27, 2011, 11:36:21 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 27, 2011, 10:27:22 PM
As United fan winning number 19 this season is the main priority! getting to see United in the CL final (if they get there) will be added bonus.
Worth pointing out if it's Man United v Barcelona final..it will be a win-win situation for me as i have money on Barca since the group stages.

Rubbish. United need to be winning these competitions. You get no cup for getting to a final. As for it being win-win for you - what kind of supporter are you????!!!!! Ridiculous.

I think Barcelona are awesome but the Arsenal games have to give United hope.

Totally agree complete BS just being happy getting to the final...United are the biggest and best club in the world and will never settle for 2nd best...I don't care how good Barca are any time United take the field they always have a chance of winning and IF united make the final it will be no different, And you's are all forgetting we have Fergie calling the shots.....

under the bar

How would you go about engineering a straight red card for Messi in the return leg? ???

ross4life

New devil when i said I'll be happy enough.. i don't mean I'll be happy with a final defeat & i agree Fergie's United will never settle for 2nd best.

United are the first ever team to keep six away clean sheets in a single CL season, only one CL away defeat in 4 years & on the verge 3 finals in 4 years.. so i think United have already proved how good they are..obviously a CL trophy could be the cherry on top.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Quote from: ross4life on April 28, 2011, 12:15:18 AM

United are the first ever team to keep six away clean sheets in a single CL season, only one CL away defeat in 4 years & on the verge 3 finals in 4 years.. so i think United have already proved how good they are..obviously a CL trophy could be the cherry on top.

That's just meaningless tabloid tripe. Arsenal kept 5 clean sheets away from home in 2006 but that means nothing when your keeper is sent off after 10 mins in the final. All those stats mean fcuk all unless you win the thing. If Arsenal had gone through the 03/04 league season unbeaten but still didn't win the thing it meant sweet FA.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on April 28, 2011, 09:51:07 AM

That's just meaningless tabloid tripe. Arsenal kept 5 clean sheets away from home in 2006 but that means nothing when your keeper is sent off after 10 mins in the final. All those stats mean fcuk all unless you win the thing. If Arsenal had gone through the 03/04 league season unbeaten but still didn't win the thing it meant sweet FA.

Agree. The only stat that matters is winning it in 2008, the rest means nothing now.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ONeill on April 28, 2011, 09:51:07 AM

Not sure about the clean sheet thing myself, however if true that away record is pretty impressive & i think it shows for the first time in a few years we'll have the best two sides in Europe in the final.

Speaking of tabloid tripe, i read today Messi has never scored on English soil, All set up for him to score a hat-trick in the final i feel.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

EC Unique

Much to some peoples disappointment this thread is looking safe.

gallsman

Should be a cracking final. That's if United can keep the diving of Rooney, Nani, Berbatov and the rest to a minimum.

The Worker

Quote from: EC Unique on May 04, 2011, 08:51:30 PM
Much to some peoples disappointment this thread is looking safe.

similar sentiments if someone started a FC Barcelona 2011 Champions League winner thread at this stage!