2011 Champions League Final. Manchester United v Barcelona.

Started by EC Unique, April 26, 2011, 09:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champions League Final: Who's gonna win?

Barcelona
28 (63.6%)
Manchester United
16 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: May 29, 2011, 01:24:59 PM

new devil

Dinny Breen

Barca are the one team that will match Man United's work ethic and on a head to head probably only VDS and Vidic would get into their team. If Barca don't win 3 or 4 nil there is a fix on.
#newbridgeornowhere

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 27, 2011, 09:58:47 PM
Barca are the one team that will match Man United's work ethic and on a head to head probably only VDS and Vidic would get into their team. If Barca don't win 3 or 4 nil there is a fix on.

If a feeble Arsenal side can beat Barca i wouldn't rule out a United side with vast experience.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 27, 2011, 10:09:42 PM

If a feeble Arsenal side can beat Barca i wouldn't rule out a United side with vast experience.

Not a hope in hell, only Barca can beat Barca. Barca's midfield v the work horses, no offence mate but it's like comparing a Group 1 winner in the Curragh to a National Hunt winner in Punchestown.
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

As United fan winning number 19 this season is the main priority! getting to see United in the CL final (if they get there) will be added bonus.

Worth pointing out if it's Man United v Barcelona final..it will be a win-win situation for me as i have money on Barca since the group stages.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 27, 2011, 10:19:07 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 27, 2011, 10:09:42 PM

Not a hope in hell, only Barca can beat Barca. Barca's midfield v the work horses, no offence mate but it's like comparing a Group 1 winner in the Curragh to a National Hunt winner in Punchestown.

Only barca can beat barca what is that supposed  to mean?  i don't know nothing about horse racing however I'm sure comparing it to football is like chalk & cheese.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

new devil

:D :D Have to laugh at the bitter Arse fan....If you's nearly beat Barca then there are about 10 other teams in Europe in with a chance

clarshack

utd should have lost 3-0 against bayern back in 99 but didnt. they are the one club that is surrounded in luck, therefore in a one off game anything is possible no matter who the opposition is. even if they are 3-0 down at h/t dount count them out.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Sincerely doubt that. Ferdinand, Rooney and Evra all have real claims.

If United do make it, I'll not be watching thanks to a fixture clash with the Athletic Grounds.  :(
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Minder

Quote from: clarshack on April 27, 2011, 11:21:20 PM
utd should have lost 3-0 against bayern back in 99 but didnt. they are the one club that is surrounded in luck, therefore in a one off game anything is possible no matter who the opposition is. even if they are 3-0 down at h/t dount count them out.

I would totally discount them, they can't score if they don't have the ball and they won't have the ball against Barcelona, no matter what "plan" Ferguson comes up with.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

superblues

magpie seanie

Quote from: ross4life on April 27, 2011, 10:27:22 PM
As United fan winning number 19 this season is the main priority! getting to see United in the CL final (if they get there) will be added bonus.
Worth pointing out if it's Man United v Barcelona final..it will be a win-win situation for me as i have money on Barca since the group stages.

Rubbish. United need to be winning these competitions. You get no cup for getting to a final. As for it being win-win for you - what kind of supporter are you????!!!!! Ridiculous.

I think Barcelona are awesome but the Arsenal games have to give United hope.

clarshack

Quote from: Minder on April 27, 2011, 11:28:13 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 27, 2011, 11:21:20 PM

I would totally discount them, they can't score if they don't have the ball and they won't have the ball against Barcelona, no matter what "plan" Ferguson comes up with.

its got a utd win written all over it - just like liverpool in 05.

Minder

Quote from: superblues on April 27, 2011, 11:34:56 PM
and why would they not have the ball

Because Barcelona will have it for about 70% of the game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman