Flourbags Vs Micklow - 22/5/2011, Portlaoise

Started by thejuice, April 26, 2011, 01:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Kildare have improved as the year has went on over the last 2 years but without another top class forward even winning Leinster may be difficult based upon yesterdays show and some of their low scoring in the league.

By the way did Johnny Doyle drive the bus home as he seems to be doing everything else?

Dinny Breen

QuoteKildare have improved as the year has went on over the last 2 years but without another top class forward even winning Leinster may be difficult based upon yesterdays show and some of their low scoring in the league.

You do realise Kildare have been in the top 2 scorers in the championship over the last 2 years, scoring is not a problem. We need a midfielder not another forward, O'Neill, Smith, Doyle, Rob Kelly, Eoghan O'Flaherty, Kavanagh, Dowling, Fogarty are all two footed scroing forwards, throw in Sweeney and O'Connor for variation and watch Kildare put up the scores.

Kildare's areas of worry are midfield and I'm still not confident about our full back line.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

I think Eoghan O'Flaherty has the potential to be top class. It's not that long ago that he took Killian Young to the cleaners in an u21 All-Ireland Final. He's probably a better player than JD was at his age. Callaghan, Kavanagh and Smith would walk onto the vast majority of teams in the country. The problem with the latter two is consitency, while Leper has been plauged by injury and has been played in almost every position on the pitch by various managements.

Midfield is definitely a worry. Flynn has developed into a fine player but I'm not sure Hugh Lynch really cuts it at the highest level. He's grand against the likes of Wicklow but when the tempo rises against the better teams, he'll have to prove himself.

Full-back line was always going to be a concern with Peter Kelly out. In fairness to Mick Foley, he's been superb, but how will he handle a smaller and faster forward on a big open pitch like Croke Park? Hughie nearly always does a good job but you still get the impression that he'd love to be out around midfield driving forward. Mac has shipped his fair share of criticism down the years but he does seem to have copped on a bit in the past two seasons. The one time recently that I've seen him returning to his old ways was up in Dungannon against Tyrone. Hopefully that was just one minor blip.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 24, 2011, 03:01:38 PM
I think Eoghan O'Flaherty has the potential to be top class. It's not that long ago that he took Killian Young to the cleaners in an u21 All-Ireland Final. He's probably a better player than JD was at his age. Callaghan, Kavanagh and Smith would walk onto the vast majority of teams in the country. The problem with the latter two is consitency, while Leper has been plauged by injury and has been played in almost every position on the pitch by various managements.

Midfield is definitely a worry. Flynn has developed into a fine player but I'm not sure Hugh Lynch really cuts it at the highest level. He's grand against the likes of Wicklow but when the tempo rises against the better teams, he'll have to prove himself.

Full-back line was always going to be a concern with Peter Kelly out. In fairness to Mick Foley, he's been superb, but how will he handle a smaller and faster forward on a big open pitch like Croke Park? Hughie nearly always does a good job but you still get the impression that he'd love to be out around midfield driving forward. Mac has shipped his fair share of criticism down the years but he does seem to have copped on a bit in the past two seasons. The one time recently that I've seen him returning to his old ways was up in Dungannon against Tyrone. Hopefully that was just one minor blip.

Where would you get a small, fast forward at short notice?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on May 24, 2011, 08:09:23 PM

I hear ye got a new young lad on ye're panel with great potential ..... Graham something I believe?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on May 24, 2011, 08:09:23 PM

Cathal Sheridan must still be knocking about somewhere...
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.