All Ireland U21 Football Final Cavan v Galway, 1st May Croke Park

Started by mylestheslasher, April 18, 2011, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

another goal! Like the Connacht final Galway are trying to end this game at HT..Cavan need scores & fast!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

over early.

Hope Cavan can make a fight back. But it's not looking good.

Jinxy

Cavan getting cleaned out around the middle.
Galway forwards very fast and accurate.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

leenie

they need to take there points instead of lookin for a goal
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Jinxy

That Galway centre forward would remind you a bit of Padraig Joyce.
Lovely kick of a ball.

Milltown Row2

Dung, they, as leenie has said should be taking their points, 5 times they have went forward looking for a goal when fisting the ball over the bar would have kept them in check, instead Galway already have their hands on the trophy.

The wind won't get them many scores either to be fair, i can see Galway employing a extra man in defence to win break ball and hold onto the lead, they have plenty of pace so the will still get scores, more than Cavan's 5.

Poor show really
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dubh driocht

Reasons for the road crash ;
1. CP is different to other grounds so play with the wind first half
2. For same reason , make sure you kick the ball dead- you need an extra 5M at CP
3. Big Players trying to do too much. It's a 15 man game as Cavan know too well.
4. Galway are a good team from 1 to 15 and calm on the bench.

A real pity and hope they can make the scoreline respectable

Jinxy

Cavan need to stick a big man on the edge of the square and let it in early.
Aside from the no.10 they haven't the pace to run at the Galway defence.

cavanmaniac

Nightmare scenario. Galway cleaning us out of it at midfield, the first goal was a killer we looked to have kept it out but it has just unravelled further from there on. The gaps in our defence are alarming and although we look dangerous enough in attack ourselves we can't get enough posession to get it up there often enough and when we do, we're trying too hard to make something happen. Understandable given the psychological circumstances of being a country mile in arrears but it's a very disheartening vicious circle all the same. The worse it gets, the worse it gets.

I hope they win back a bit of pride in the second half so as a fine campaign doesn't end in a total damp squib.

Was annoyed to be overseas and missing this, not so sure now.

randomtask

orangeman

I wonder what Mourinho would say bout that "penalty" ?.

Cavan now creating a few chances but unable to convert.

mannix