PFA POTY 2011 ( Well the first few months)

Started by Minder, April 17, 2011, 11:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Call me biased or whatever.. but Vidic should be in the top three, Wilshire got young player of the year & deserved it.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Worst of all, it was voted by the players!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GalwayBayBoy

Bale hasn't even been Spurs' best player let alone the best player in the league.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2011, 11:19:39 PM
Worst of all, it was voted by the players!

Niall Quinn said on a radio interview a while ago the Sunderland FC still taxes cars for some retired players because they wouldn't know how to do it.

I'd say the cleaners do a lot of the voting.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

6 assists in his career, 1 this season. Phil Neville had him in his pocket. Berbatov far more influential in the first 4 months of season.

magpie seanie

Th PFA awards are always a bit dodgy. Bale had a few sensational games in high profile matches but has had lots of injuries and some recent indifferent displays. No real outstanding candidates for POTY though in my eyes.

Berbatov in PFA team of the year but can't get into first choice United team!

ONeill

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 17, 2011, 11:51:20 PM
Th PFA awards are always a bit dodgy. Bale had a few sensational games in high profile matches but has had lots of injuries and some recent indifferent displays. No real outstanding candidates for POTY though in my eyes.

Name me the 'few' sensational games?

Blowitupref

Explain this?

Parker and Adam were nominated for player of the year but didn't make team of the year.. while the likes of Nani,Kompany didn't get nominated for player of the year but make the team.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Capt Pat

Why didn't he win young player of thexyear as well?

nrico2006

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 18, 2011, 02:32:08 AM
Explain this?

Parker and Adam were nominated for player of the year but didn't make team of the year.. while the likes of Nani,Kompany didn't get nominated for player of the year but make the team.

Its a mess thats why, same craic when Ronaldo was up for both and only won the Senior award.  If Bale was the best player and was nominated for both then he should have won both, but again he wasn't the best player.  I always thought the PFA Awards were for the Premier League and performance in that, is it for all competitions?  Bale had a few good games against Inter but looking at his stats there were more deserving winners out there.  Nani has been consistently good, Van Der Vaart until he was injured was flying, Nasri was brilliant until he suffered the injury too, Vidic has been brilliant, Adam was amazing until January and Tevez has been very good too.  Wilshere seems to be doing well but up until a few months ago he wasn't a regular starter and he hasn't exactly set the world alight with assists and goals.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gerry

Being as Bale won player of the year, it seems all you need to do to win is score a Champions League hat-trick and do nothing for the rest of the season.

Seems Bendtner should have won last season then.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

muppet

Quote from: gerry on April 18, 2011, 11:17:51 PM
Being as Bale won player of the year, it seems all you need to do to win is score a Champions League hat-trick and do nothing for the rest of the season.

Seems Bendtner should have won last season then.

Shhh....he thinks he did.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2011, 11:52:34 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 17, 2011, 11:51:20 PM

Name me the 'few' sensational games?

Sorry for delay in replying. I remember the hat trick against Inter obviously and I saw him playing one or two very good games in the league around that time too. Apologies for not remembering the opposition but he was in a good spell of form for about a month. Not good enough to be quoted up there with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo that was going on on SKY but he was undoubtedly playing really well for a period of 3-6 weeks.

Orangemac

Absolute joke that Baines was not left back in team of the year.

Cole was the lazy option and sums up the Sky hype selections made by players.