PFA POTY 2011 ( Well the first few months)

Started by Minder, April 17, 2011, 11:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Has Bale had even a couple of decent PL or Fa cup games? He has been v good in the CL but very very disappointing by comparison in the domestic league. Wouldn't have had him next nor near the team of the year. Baines is an obvious oversight but for me Modric is a glaring omission.

maxpower

Absolutely agree with the Modric observation, for me by far Tottenhams best player
What happens next????

Blowitupref

Opta index team of the year, B.Foster, B.Sagna, J.Terry, N.Vidic, G.Clichy, M.Essien, C.Adam, S.Nasri, Nani, C.Tevez, D.Berbatov.

Player of the season Nani.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

To be fair to him - there was a period of time were Bale was deadly and was pretty much unplayable.

It was more than just the CL. It wasn't a massively long period mind - maybe a month or so. Someone mentioned Phil Neville having him in his pocket - I think he was brilliant up until then and quietened down a bit.

You couldn't give Nani POTY  - far too inconsistent. Then again Bale only played for a few months but Nani is far too annoyingeven to his own fans).

Maybe it's Harry and Jamie Redknapp on sky bumping him up...

Bale is one of those players that if he lost his pace he'd have nothing - a bit like Michael Owen.

magpie seanie

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 20, 2011, 05:39:50 PM
To be fair to him - there was a period of time were Bale was deadly and was pretty much unplayable.

It was more than just the CL. It wasn't a massively long period mind - maybe a month or so. Someone mentioned Phil Neville having him in his pocket - I think he was brilliant up until then and quietened down a bit.

You couldn't give Nani POTY  - far too inconsistent. Then again Bale only played for a few months but Nani is far too annoyingeven to his own fans).

Maybe it's Harry and Jamie Redknapp on sky bumping him up...

Bale is one of those players that if he lost his pace he'd have nothing - a bit like Michael Owen.

Good points though Bale would also be able to deliver a good cross/shot, a bit like Ian Harte.

On Nani - he is so annoying to watch but the stats point to how good a season he has had. Without his contributions in terms of assists and goals United would be battling to confirm a CL spot.

Dinny Breen

If Bale had a half decent striker to hit his stats would be through the roof.

Players are cocooned and are not encouraged to have opinions, around the time of voting the media said Bale was the bestest player in the world, the players followed suit...

If there was an MVP - Vidic would win it, Nani's stats are like Berbatovs are somewhat fattened by Man Uniteds home results against Birmingham and Blackburn.
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2011, 07:17:53 PM
If Bale had a half decent striker to hit his stats would be through the roof.

Players are cocooned and are not encouraged to have opinions, around the time of voting the media said Bale was the bestest player in the world, the players followed suit...

If there was an MVP - Vidic would win it, Nani's stats are like Berbatovs are somewhat fattened by Man Uniteds home results against Birmingham and Blackburn.

A bit Dinny but there have been far more games where Berba has had zero impact than Nani. Nani's assists/goals have mostly been in home games alright but in practically every home game he has contributed. I would have got rid of him long ago and he frustrates me watching him a lot but then he does something good!

Good point on Bale. Pavlyuchenko by far their best striker and he gets feck all games. 

muppet

Quote from: maxpower on April 20, 2011, 01:01:38 PM
Absolutely agree with the Modric observation, for me by far Tottenhams best player

Simple explanation, Bale is British while Modric sounds like Madra.

For foreigners to win they need to do the following:

* dress uniquely e.g. play with collar up or shorts down, something that distinguishes them;
* grow a large mop on your head and do hair commercials;
* make up a silly slogan like va va voom, because I'm worth it or f**k off cameraman;
* take diving lessons, lots of them;
* tell the tabloids the EPL is the best league in the world, every day;
MWWSI 2017