GAA sponsorship survey

Started by Overthebar!, April 14, 2011, 04:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overthebar!

Apologies for creating a new thread but desperate times call for desperate measures. Can any of you with a couple of minutes free time complete this survey about sponsorship within the GAA. It is for my dissertation and all responses are completely anonymous. Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WWXMDYT

Thanks in advance

Bud Wiser

Hi, over the bar, just filled out that survey for you.  However, if the answer to the first question had been 'no' then surely all the other questions would have been 'no' as well.   With regard to the question " do I think that sponsors have an interest in the GAA" the answer is yes and no in my opinion. Sponsors of , dare I say it, the weaker counties would be involved in a more personal way.  Avonmore for example would be fairly involved and always were to the fore in Inter Firms (whatever happened them) etc where as the CEO of Etihad wouldn't know a sliothar if it struck him between the two eyes.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Maguire01

Quote from: Overthebar! on April 14, 2011, 04:20:49 PM
Apologies for creating a new thread but desperate times call for desperate measures. Can any of you with a couple of minutes free time complete this survey about sponsorship within the GAA. It is for my dissertation and all responses are completely anonymous. Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WWXMDYT

Thanks in advance
Are you looking for yes/no answers?

Overthebar!

Cheers for the feedback lads. I appreciate what you are saying Bud Wiser, to be honest I just threw it together quickly as at this stage I am just looking for a wee bit of depth in the answers if possible just to back up my actual questionnaires which I conducted (should have stated that in hindsight). hope that answers your question too Maguire01. Cheers again

Maguire01

Bud Wiser

I know I am a hoor for nit picking but when you were at it why did you not ask the question - Do you agree with companies that sell alcoholic drinks being accepted as sponsors by the GAA?   My answer would have been yes as it happens.  ;)
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Maguire01

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 14, 2011, 08:35:43 PM
I know I am a hoor for nit picking but when you were at it why did you not ask the question - Do you agree with companies that sell alcoholic drinks being accepted as sponsors by the GAA?   My answer would have been yes as it happens.  ;)
Was that not implied in one of the latter questions about some companies being more suitable than others?

Bud Wiser

It was begob but I would like to see what answer would be given if the question was more specific.

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

laoisgaa

The question about inter-county matches attended - do you mean major level games in general. Provincial and All-Ireland club games, All-Ireland schools finals, Sigerson and Fitzgibbon Cup would all come into the mix and probably bring my yearly average to 200 +

ziggysego

Done. Tried to give a full an answer as I could, for most questions. Some were just yes/no replies though.
Testing Accessibility

Overthebar!

Thanks for the responses lads, been a great help. In relation to your question Bud I understand what you are saying but my dissertation supervisor told me to only include questions in relation to my specific research objectives so I was fairly restricted in what I could ask hence the wording of some of the questions...Laoisgaa it was mainly for inter county games, to grasp an idea of fan involvement. that is a serious amount of games you are taking in fair play!

thanks again to everyone who filled it out

Maguire01

Quote from: laoisgaa on April 15, 2011, 12:30:08 AM
The question about inter-county matches attended - do you mean major level games in general. Provincial and All-Ireland club games, All-Ireland schools finals, Sigerson and Fitzgibbon Cup would all come into the mix and probably bring my yearly average to 200 +
How would schools and college matches be inter-county?

Also, how could anyone average 4 intercounty matches a week?!

laoisgaa

Well schools and colleges ones would if it was after a provincial stage of competition! I'm a journalist and I go to about 300 games a year! Wouldn't be unusual to have loads of days with 3 or 4 or also midweek games