Leinster Minor Football Championship 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, April 13, 2011, 03:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Poor oul Kilkenny me eye.
They're an absolute disgrace.
It is IMPOSSIBLE not to score for an entire game unless you are going out of your way to do so.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Onlooker

That is a ridiculous scoreline for the Wexford/Kilkenny game.  The Kilkenny County Board really have no shame to put out a team that was as poorly prepared as that one clearly was and also very unfair to the young lads involved.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lily11 on April 16, 2011, 05:53:22 PM
Well done Kildare. Great win!
Poor oul Kilkenny.

What's the answer? Kilkenny are not interested in playing football, their promotion of it is poor, but they can't be called a bad GAA county, ya can't force kids to play football if they don't want to, and if you don't get numbers out to training then you're on to a loser.

Croke should promote football at schools and underage, football's not bad so it will catch on eventually there.

edit: Kilkenny have handed out bigger beatings to teams that do promote hurling, so what do we do in those circumstances?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lily11

Of course Kilkenny can't be called a bad GAA county.
I just meant it must be fierce disheartening for the lads on the team to be bet by that much and not to score at all.

Jinxy

I doubt the lads on the team are that bothered to be honest.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 16, 2011, 04:26:47 PM
Dublin will be very hard bet judging by the other scores.

Dublin are good rather then great.

Westmeath were desperately poor.

I think its quite open myself.

Heshs Umpire

Laois beat Carlow this evening in the late game. Think it was 1-13 to 1-7.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Hound

True or BS?

Shef and Noel Hickey played minor football for Kilkenny and in the Leinster championship, they were level with Laois with a couple of minutes to go and lost by 2 points - and Laois went on to the All Ireland final

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Hound on April 17, 2011, 06:14:11 AM
True or BS?

Shef and Noel Hickey played minor football for Kilkenny and in the Leinster championship, they were level with Laois with a couple of minutes to go and lost by 2 points - and Laois went on to the All Ireland final

True. Well Shefflin for definite. Can't remember Hickey. 1998, I think but they definitely ran Laois very close
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on April 17, 2011, 06:14:11 AM
True or BS?

I was on a scouting mission at the time.
Laois were up by 10 at half-time with about 15 wides. Shefflin, Hickey and Eddie Brennan came on at half time. Sheff had 2 goals from his first two touches. Eddie then banged in another cracker and all hell broke loose. Hickey completely shored up the backs.

Beano got Laois home. Kicked 0-14 or thereabouts if I recall correctly.

Make no mistake about it all 3 would have been top class senior inter county footballers.

dublin7

Kilkenny were meant to be at home on Saturday. 5 of the team were playing rugby in gorey on Saturday so game was switched to Gorey.

The rugby pitch is right beside the football pitch. The 5 lads played the rugby then hopped over the fence to line out for the footballers!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Onlooker on April 16, 2011, 05:58:51 PM
That is a ridiculous scoreline for the Wexford/Kilkenny game.  The Kilkenny County Board really have no shame to put out a team that was as poorly prepared as that one clearly was and also very unfair to the young lads involved.

Do you think the Carlow County board should be ashamed of themselves after the tanking they got today?

Senior hurling league game today

Clare 4-28 0-08 Carlow, Cusack Park
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Shamrock Shore

I wonder if Kilkenny minor hurlers played our lads would the score be shocking? I honestly don't think so. Sure, we'd prob lose and lose badly. But we'd raise a few feckin white and green flags.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Onlooker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2011, 09:10:30 PM
Quote from: Onlooker on April 16, 2011, 05:58:51 PM

Do you think the Carlow County board should be ashamed of themselves after the tanking they got today?

Senior hurling league game today

Clare 4-28 0-08 Carlow, Cusack Park
I don't think that the Carlow County Board should be ashamed of themselves.  They have made decent progress in the last few years, both at senior and underage.  That was an awful hammering yesterday, but Clare were all out for promotion and Carlow were out of the running for either promotion or relegation.  In fairness to carlow, they finished up with 6 points in Div. 2 of the NHL, level with Down and just 2 points behind Antrim and Laois.  That is not a bad return and is not remotely in the same territory as Kilkenny' s football efforts over the last few years.  if the story about the rugby match in Gorey is true, it is an even bigger disgrace by the Kilkenny County Board.  What a way to treat the lads that do not play rugby.