USFC Qtr Final - Armagh V Down - Athletic Grounds 28th May 7:30pm

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 13, 2011, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Putting manners on Down never gets old does it.
Agent O'Rourke indeed.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

That was a great game to watch.

Thought Down were very flat and will improve. Armagh are limited but played their wee hearts out. I'd imagine Down would hammer them if they meet in August.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

MK

thoroughly deserved win for armagh-much more committed,especially in the tackle,
credit must go to por on his team preparation/game execution

Down back to earth with a bump-most personal duels lost and john clarke gamble totally lost

fitzroyalty

Great win for Armagh, against 16 men too, ref was feckin awful. Minor game was also a great spectacle, probably the best game I have witnessed at that level, young McGeown showed a calm head to help haul them to victory.

Hard to tell what went on with the Down players, honestly expected them to win by at least 2/3, the hunger from Armagh was unreal though. Great win.

naka

Quote from: ONeill on May 28, 2011, 10:39:03 PM
That was a great game to watch.

Thought Down were very flat and will improve. Armagh are limited but played their wee hearts out. I'd imagine Down would hammer them if they meet in August.

You boys will see them in august in the back door after we come out of ulster
Keep knocking us

mountainboii

One of the best days following Armagh in a long while. The minors with a comeback Leinster would be proud of and the seniors putting the aristocrats back in their box. A lot of men answered a lot of critics tonight. Mal Mackin, BJ Padden, Paddy O'Rourke, etc can be very proud of this evening. Fair fucks to them.

JimStynes

Quote from: Highlander3 on May 28, 2011, 09:14:28 PM
Disappointing game by Down, Armagh deserved the win.

We really do need Ambrose back and Benny to be fully fit

I thought Marty did not play well today, we will see in the next week or 2 if the rumors are true
Not really any positives to take from the game, we just not seem to be as up for it as Armagh

I think we can regroup in the qualifiers but still not the way i wanted the year to start

Fair play to Armagh played well and were good to watch today

What are the rumours?

Armaghgeddon

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on May 28, 2011, 09:37:15 PM
As the young folks say, Ulick just checked into the Gas Lamp with the biggest grin ever ;-)
Jeez Ulick you'll be the only Armagh man in there. Eastern Bloc.

Orangemac

Wasn't optimistic about getting a result tonight but full credit to the players and Paddy O'Rourke on tonights display.

Down were a bit flat as someone has said but that shouldn't take away from our best display in a few years, particularly having a half forward line again. When is the last time 5 out of our 6 forwards scored in a big game?

So many postives, Dyas, Donaghy back on form, Aaron Kernan back in his rightful postion and Charlie standing up to be counted in the last 15 mins.

I don't know how Armagh could have been so much hungrier than Down, none of the Down players have an Ulster medal.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but a performance at that level would beat Derry.

Minor game must have been some game as well. Good night all round.

Highlander3

Quote from: JimStynes on May 28, 2011, 11:28:17 PM
Quote from: Highlander3 on May 28, 2011, 09:14:28 PM
Disappointing game by Down, Armagh deserved the win.

We really do need Ambrose back and Benny to be fully fit

I thought Marty did not play well today, we will see in the next week or 2 if the rumors are true
Not really any positives to take from the game, we just not seem to be as up for it as Armagh

I think we can regroup in the qualifiers but still not the way i wanted the year to start

Fair play to Armagh played well and were good to watch today

What are the rumours?

That he is going to announce that he is going back to Oz

mackers

What an evening for Armagh football!!! You can stick your Champion's League finals..........minors showed great composure to come back and look a real good team. Hopefully they can have a successful summer.
Tonight's performance is all the more amazing when you think that our main man up front had an off night. Best on the night were AK, BJP and Malachy Mackin.
Andy Mallon and Brendan Donaghy had outstanding displays and both appear to be coming back to their best. Charlie came good at the end after a shaky start with Toner poor enough all the way through.
Jamie Clarke is lethal and we know that there's more to come from him.
Rumours were floating about that we were flying in training but I took it as the usual pre-championship bullsh1t......but obviously those rumours were on the money. It's important that while we can't help but enjoy the night that the team re-focuses immediately and keep the performance levels up.
I can't help but think of some Down posters contributions to Armagh threads earlier in the spring............ ;D
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tyroneman

Does this mean the anti PoR brigade will pipe down for a bit????

I thought Armagh were tremendous. Vernon, O'Rourke, Padden, 'Crackin' Mackin,Clarke were excellent.

Armagh have a real chance to win Ulster, they will beat Derry easy and give  right lash at whoever comes through the other side.

Cold tea

I'd say he'll be glad of the break there, McKeever never let up, immense - proud to be at the match today - Armagh were so up for it  - 13 or 14 of that Down team played in an all-ireland final last year and were made to look average!!

maigheo

good win for armagh tonite but alot of the armagh posters on this site should be ashamed of themselves with what has been written the past few weeks regarding some of there players and especially the management team. Probably going to get slated for this but armagh fans are some of the worst for putting down their team that I have ever come across  on this board