USFC Qtr Final - Armagh V Down - Athletic Grounds 28th May 7:30pm

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 13, 2011, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Bennydorano, I agree with pretty much everything you say except saying we are average at FB, There is a constant dismissal of Gordon by Armagh fans but his record of stopping Full forwards from scoring speaks for itself. anyway that aside I agree with you, especially regarding the game plan Armagh could employ to beat us (or at least turn it into a dead evens game)

My point and confidence is really that I, and be honest I am sure you too, do not believe that POR will implement your plan and do not believe that Ronan Clarke will be available. So I think we will win not because I am claiming how much better we are as players but because POR's system is hampering Armagh from being their best.

Yes if Armagh did it your way then I agree with you. All I'm saying is that if Armagh continue as they are, and all indocations are they will, then we should win the game.

Applesisapples

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 16, 2011, 10:57:40 AM
Bennydorano, I agree with pretty much everything you say except saying we are average at FB, There is a constant dismissal of Gordon by Armagh fans but his record of stopping Full forwards from scoring speaks for itself. anyway that aside I agree with you, especially regarding the game plan Armagh could employ to beat us (or at least turn it into a dead evens game)

My point and confidence is really that I, and be honest I am sure you too, do not believe that POR will implement your plan and do not believe that Ronan Clarke will be available. So I think we will win not because I am claiming how much better we are as players but because POR's system is hampering Armagh from being their best.

Yes if Armagh did it your way then I agree with you. All I'm saying is that if Armagh continue as they are, and all indocations are they will, then we should win the game.
Some Armagh fans are fixated on the return of Ronan Clarke as some sort of messiah which is totally unfair on him. I also doubt he will ever return to intercounty football given the length of time he has been out. He has tried to return a couple of times and has broken down so it must be pretty serious. We have however in Jamie Clarke a potential Young Player of the year. The crux however is as you say POR's ability to deliver a game plan. Unlike many other Armagh posters I think POR could deliver if he had the courage of his own convictions...he is to easily swayed by thos around him as seen in some of his decisions or indecisions. Down by 2/3 is probable.

bennydorano

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 16, 2011, 10:57:40 AM

Dan is a stopgap at FB nothing more, he's there because there's no better about in the position which is a sign of weakness IMO.  If Brian Mallon was fired in at FB I'm sure Dan would be shifted elsewhere, he'll do for some FF's. It's up to us to expose that weakness, doubt if we have the nous on the line to do so mind you.

borderfox

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 16, 2011, 09:21:10 AM
Aaah we should by pass Down and go straight to the first round qualifiers, sure there is no point in showing up. :'(

Apples when the ground hardens and Downs nippy forwards get going theres not a county in Ireland or the world that can stop them ;) especially as they now have a 17 year itch to rectify.
We are just cannon fodder to these aristocrats of Ulster Football, Its pointless us even turning up!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Sportacus

Lads. A French person asked me to bring him to a game. Thought this one would be perfect. I'm from an Antrim club though - how would I get a couple of tickets or would they all be snapped up inside the counties?

bennydorano

Fierce tight to get i would imagine, get your club secretary to put in a request for you with Antrim co board.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: mackers on April 15, 2011, 04:31:22 PM
Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 15, 2011, 03:47:57 PM
The closer this game gets, the more worried I am about it. I am hearing from a few reliable heads that all is not well in the camp, indeed there was a serious row after the galway game..... lets just say Ciaran Mc Keever was'nt injured the last day out...
Ciaran was definitely injured the last day out............he has a knee ligament injury........think he's very lucky.........could've been a very serious injury. You'll have to check your sources Berf.

Complete nonsense. He was definitely injured.

I'm not so sure it will be tight for tickets Benny. I think it'll be close to a sellout but it could be one or two thousand short of capacity.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Orior

Quote from: Sportacus on April 17, 2011, 05:13:30 PM
Lads. A French person asked me to bring him to a game. Thought this one would be perfect. I'm from an Antrim club though - how would I get a couple of tickets or would they all be snapped up inside the counties?

Might be some available online through headquarters?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

PAULD123

Quote from: Sportacus on April 17, 2011, 05:13:30 PM

Do you know anyone from Down or Armagh? There will be no problem getting tickets as a club member. so especially if you know and Armagh club member then they would be able to order a couple of tickets for you. The big thing is if United beat Schalke. If they do then, as has been discussed here, the tickets will be much easier come by.

bennydorano

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 17, 2011, 08:52:52 PM
Quote from: mackers on April 15, 2011, 04:31:22 PM
Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 15, 2011, 03:47:57 PM
The closer this game gets, the more worried I am about it. I am hearing from a few reliable heads that all is not well in the camp, indeed there was a serious row after the galway game..... lets just say Ciaran Mc Keever was'nt injured the last day out...
Ciaran was definitely injured the last day out............he has a knee ligament injury........think he's very lucky.........could've been a very serious injury. You'll have to check your sources Berf.

Complete nonsense. He was definitely injured.

I'm not so sure it will be tight for tickets Benny. I think it'll be close to a sellout but it could be one or two thousand short of capacity.
You think so?  I'd be very suprised if it's not sold out, mind you Saturday evening is shite for a championship match, with the CL final and the Gaelic on TV being a fine way to start a saturday evening's boozin (+ the bretheren in Markethill putting a few off) you could be right. 

It'll be a bumper night for pubs and clubs in Armagh City - avoid the Bunker that night(city hotel), it'll be mayhem if some of the yahoos come in from Markethill - which they will.

RealSpiritof98

Was told tonight to expect a 15k capacity as there are still a few H&S issues with the ground. Raging about the Saturday night too, have a Wedding in the 4season Monaghan and it would have been great to get up for the match on the Sunday.

armaghniac

Considering that the league games in the marshes had crowds in the 10-13K range, 15K would be easily achievable or even 17-18K, I would have thought. I wonder what the issues are with the athletic grounds, it seems to represent modern principles.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 13, 2011, 08:23:50 PM
Agree with those that say its a must see game.  Those that may miss it because of a soccer match, concert or wedding isnt a die hard fan of either down or armagh.  Skip the wedding, even if its ur own...........

Whilst I concur with the above, and I will be there, I cant understand the Ulster councils thinking.  I am also a die-hard Manchester United fan and this would have been a great weekend with the game at Wembly on the Saturday followed by the Championship game on the Sunday....Cant imagine the reasoning for clashing with the biggest Soccer game in the world!

naka

with a bit of luck our german friends schalke will beat united in the semi to save the undoubted worry united fans all have with missing  " the biggest soccer game in the world"
i will be there hoping that armagh put up a good show  ::) , because undoubtedly down are well on their way to winning another sam

whitegoodman

These rediculously poor attempts at kidology/mindgames/windup or whatever else u want to call them are getting a bit boring at this stage.