All Ireland U21 semi final Cork v Galway 16.04.11 Cusack Park, Ennis 6:30pm

Started by ross4life, April 12, 2011, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Big U21 semi final this Sat! not many Cork/Galway posters on here but we'll see how this thread goes?

Best of luck Galway.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

omagh_gael

Seen the highlights of the Cork v Kerry game last night and Cork seem to be some outfit. Not too often you see a team from the kingdom get destroyed.

Cork are very big and took some serious scores. Surely they're huge favourites for the whole thing.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on April 12, 2011, 06:44:39 PM
Best of luck Galway.

We might need it.

Some good footballers on that Galway team though. Underage football has been very strong in Connacht for the past decade and they pretty much walked Connacht this year. Would be worried about Cork's reported size though. Our two midfielders were very good in Connacht but they were minors only last year. The likes of Aidan Walsh has a couple of years on them and a significant physical advantage you would have to say. Not sure how much ball we will have to play with.

ross matt

It'll be  a very interesting match. Cork are big and mobile but so are Galway with a few of them having senior experience. Neither side had much opposition getting through their provinces. Best of luck to the Connacht champions.

galwayman

Cork did indeed look awesome against the Kingdom from what I saw of the highlights on TG4.
You would have to fancy the Rebels to win this one but we are not without hope ourselves either.
As GBB said there are some good players on this Galway team. I feel we may be lacking a bit of scoring power in our full forward line though. You usually need a high scoring marquee player in the ff line to rack up the scores which I think this Galway team lacks (all 3 are capable of scoring but are inconsistent).
Cork looked physically very big and strong and have All-Ireland senior medallists in Walsh & Sheehan.

Should be a good game though. Unfortunately I think I have a club game myself on Saturday evening which clashes with it so won't be able to travel as intended.
Good luck to our lads anyway. Would be great to see them win this and get to an AI final. I think the winner of this game has a great chance of going all the way.

GalwayBayBoy

Same again for Galway.

QuoteGalway manager Alan Mulholland has named an unchanged side for Saturday's Cadbury All-Ireland U21 semi-final against hotly fancied Cork.

The Tribesmen have been impressive en route to the Connacht title, following up a wide-margin win over Sligo with last weekend's 1-10 to 0-4 win over Roscommon in the provincial final.

While they will surely have to improve again to trouble a Cork side which put 2-24 on the board in victory over Kerry in last week's Cadbury Munster U21 final, Mulholland has understandably kept the faith in the players who have done the job with the minimum of fuss to date.

Saturday's game takes place at Cusack Park in Ennis, where there is a 6.30pm throw-in.

Galway (U21F v Cork): Manus Breathnach; Gary Sweeney, Colin Forde (capt), Aongus Tierney; Joss Moore, Johnny Duane, Tomás Fahy; Fiontán Ó Curraoin, Tomás Flynn; Michael Boyle, Mark Hehir, Conor Doherty; Danny Cummins, Patrick Sweeney, Eric Monaghan.

marym

Cork forwards are class and they really play as a team. Two of the players never played under age for Cork before. Have a very good manager in John Cleary

spuds

Best of luck to the herring chokers saturday, will this be televised ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Denn Forever

Quote from: spuds on April 14, 2011, 10:41:03 PM

Yes, defered coverage after the Munster/Scarletts game.

Quote from: laoisgaa on April 14, 2011, 12:31:21 PM
From Tg4
SATURDAY 16 APRIL
8:15pm   GAA Beo
Full deferred coverage of Galway v Cork in the Cadbury GAA All Ireland U21 Football Championship Semi-Final from Cusack Park, Ennis.
Presented by Micheál O Domhnaill with commentary and analysis by Brian Tyers and former Galway player Seán Ó Domhnaill.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

macdanger2

Onlooker

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 15, 2011, 11:20:12 AM
Quote from: spuds on April 14, 2011, 10:41:03 PM

Yes, defered coverage after the Munster/Scarletts game.

Quote from: laoisgaa on April 14, 2011, 12:31:21 PM
From Tg4
SATURDAY 16 APRIL
8:15pm   GAA Beo
Full deferred coverage of Galway v Cork in the Cadbury GAA All Ireland U21 Football Championship Semi-Final from Cusack Park, Ennis.
Presented by Micheál O Domhnaill with commentary and analysis by Brian Tyers and former Galway player Seán Ó Domhnaill.
Surely, deferred coverage can not be "GAA Beo"  It is either live or it is deferred.  Which is it.

GalwayBayBoy

HT

Cork 0-7 Galway 0-6

Galway the better side for much of the first half by all accounts but have kicked quite a few bad wides when they were on top and Cork have come back into it late on to edge ahead.

GalwayBayBoy

Goal for Galway

Cork 0-11 Galway 1-10

Aidan Walsh just gone off injured. Mark Hehir having an absolute stormer for Galway.

Tubberman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 16, 2011, 07:40:33 PM
Goal for Galway

Cork 0-11 Galway 1-10

Aidan Walsh just gone off injured. Mark Hehir having an absolute stormer for Galway.

Wow, would be great result for galway! How long left?
Things are certainly looking much brighter for the tribesmen over the last few weeks
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

GalwayBayBoy

FT

Cork 0-12 Galway 1-11

Mighty win for the young Tribesmen! Came back from 4 points down midway through the 2nd half.