Paudie Hughes

Started by Joxer, April 11, 2011, 11:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

Where was the black card that should have been given after the "foul"
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Applesisapples

There you have it. we still can't agree having seen it in slomo and the ref has to make an instant decision.

mackers

Quote from: bridgegael on July 06, 2015, 10:36:34 AM
Where was the black card that should have been given after the "foul"
I presume he was checking with the umpires whether they thought the Cork defender deliberately pulled O'Donoghue to the ground.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

screenexile

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 06, 2015, 10:38:21 AM
There you have it. we still can't agree having seen it in slomo and the ref has to make an instant decision.

I have no ambiguity about it... definite 50/50 challenge it should have been play on!

Applesisapples

Quote from: screenexile on July 06, 2015, 10:45:08 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 06, 2015, 10:38:21 AM

I have no ambiguity about it... definite 50/50 challenge it should have been play on!

Yes and on that we disagree!

Applesisapples

So there you have it Paudie Hughes is the reason for Cork footballers ineptitude in the face of a replay and subsequent humiliation by Kildare, oh and he caused the black death, the famine WW2 and he started the troubles as well. It is disgusting that a county board should issue such a statement on a volunteer, who made 1 mistake over 70 minutes as opposed to the Cork footballers who hadn't the nouse to close out a game.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 04, 2015, 01:01:27 PM
So there you have it Paudie Hughes is the reason for Cork footballers ineptitude in the face of a replay and subsequent humiliation by Kildare, oh and he caused the black death, the famine WW2 and he started the troubles as well. It is disgusting that a county board should issue such a statement on a volunteer, who made 1 mistake over 70 minutes as opposed to the Cork footballers who hadn't the nouse to close out a game.

The referee made a mistake! A mistake that cost Cork dearly. You can't say otherwise. Cork had an ambush ready and Kerry got a second chance. These things happen. You can't blame Paudie as he had a split second decision to make and JOD will always make any sort of contact look like he was hit with a bus. But to not acknowledge such a mistake is far worse than to acknowledge it?

Applesisapples

I don't believe it was a mistake. Cork were in command and couldn't close it out. But the point I was making is that the County Board should not be engaging in this type of shit. I don't know Cork GAA but there is plenty of internal bitching about the real sate of the County and its prospects...not Paudie's fault.

Man Marker

Your prone to exaggeration, a bit like Brolleys in many ways, but the did cost Cork an Munster title. Cork had the opportunity in the replay to still control their season so Brolleys analysis is OTT, but the basic premises of Brolleys position of the ref costing Cork the Munster title is 100% accurate. As is Brolleys analysis that Hughes is drawn to dramatic gestures like a month to light.

Man Marker

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 04, 2015, 01:19:17 PM
I don't believe it was a mistake. Cork were in command and couldn't close it out.

You are in the minority big time on this view

Mayo4Sam14

Wee little paudie wouldn't know a penalty if it bit him on the arse
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Man Marker on August 04, 2015, 01:20:18 PM

Your prone to exaggeration, a bit like Brolleys in many ways, but the did cost Cork an Munster title. Cork had the opportunity in the replay to still control their season so Brolleys analysis is OTT, but the basic premises of Brolleys position of the ref costing Cork the Munster title is 100% accurate. As is Brolleys analysis that Hughes is drawn to dramatic gestures like a month to light.

That is so painful,  don't let Hardy see that, his head will explode!!!

Jinxy

That has to be a wind-up.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Probably the most annoying ref on the circuit at the moment.
Attention seeker big time.
Somebody should remind him that supporters are not paying 40 or 50 euro to see him.

INDIANA

If I'm a player and  I make bad errors I can be dropped but I can be a ref- make as many as I like and get appointed a few weeks later?

Referees and players are volunteers alike. And referees have a responsibility to do their job properly. He could not have been certain that was  a penalty and the rule book for referees is very clear in that regard. If you're not sure you don't give it. There are too many Dad's Army characters as umpires as well. At county level they should be referees to ensure the guy in the middle gets all the help he possibly needs.

Players are entitled to a bit of respect as well with proper officiating. We had another dreadful refereeing performance last Sunday in the Dublin v Fermanagh game.