Prominent Journo Being Investigated for Statutory Rape

Started by dublinfella, April 11, 2011, 11:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Dogs on the street know who this is, and the jungle drums are saying he attempted suicide. <Edited Mod 3>.
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/gardai-to-question-sports-journalist-over-rape-complaint-2615428.html

Gardai to question sports journalist over rape complaint

Monday April 11 2011

Gardai are investigating a complaint of statutory rape against a prominent sports journalist.

He is alleged to have had sex with an under-age girl, which by law amounts to statutory rape.

The victim is in her mid-teens and has been interviewed by gardai about the complaint.

The incident is alleged to have taken place in Dublin.

Relatives of the girl are understood to have lodged the complaint with the gardai in recent weeks.

Detectives have not yet interviewed the journalist about the allegations, but are expected to meet him in the near future.

A garda investigation was launched two weeks ago after the writer's child allegedly discovered text messages he had sent to the girl on an old mobile phone.

Text

It is understood the child found the texts while putting a new sim card into the phone.

The journalist had given the phone to the child, who was collecting them to donate to a charity.

It is understood she showed the messages to other family members. They then handed the phone over to gardai.

He is now receiving medical care.

- Tom Brady Security Editor

Irish Independent

Bingo

Shocking stuff from you to try and point score off this. A very serious issue and the fact of what his employment is, is not the important factor in this and is of no relevance what so ever.

dublinfella

Quote from: Bingo on April 11, 2011, 11:49:00 AM
Shocking stuff from you to try and point score off this. A very serious issue and the fact of what his employment is, is not the important factor in this and is of no relevance what so ever.

Its very relevent, or at least will be to the wider public.

The simple reality is a <Edited Mod3>. You can try and sweep this all you like, but it has happened, is out there and is an horrific story

spuds

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2011, 11:51:09 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 11, 2011, 11:49:00 AM

Its very relevent, or at least will be to the wider public.

The simple reality is a <Edited Mod3>. You can try and sweep this all you like, but it has happened, is out there and is an horrific story

Regardless of what place in society the perpetrator comes from or engages in he should get the book thrown at him if true.

Bingo is not trying to "sweep" this anyway at all just that when a clown with your pathetic record on here trys to gain some perceived high ground from the sufferings of an innocent victim it showsyou up for the bottom feeder thet you are.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

highorlow

QuoteShocking stuff from you to try and point score off this. A very serious issue and the fact of what his employment is, is not the important factor in this and is of no relevance what so ever

Its in the newspapers.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Bingo

Quote from: highorlow on April 11, 2011, 12:03:06 PM
QuoteShocking stuff from you to try and point score off this. A very serious issue and the fact of what his employment is, is not the important factor in this and is of no relevance what so ever

Its in the newspapers.

Yeah, its in the papers but the main point that Dublinfella seems to be making is that the perpetrator is linked to the GAA and seems to be taking some delight in this.

highorlow

QuoteDublinfella seems to be making is that the perpetrator is linked to the GAA and seems to be taking some delight in this

Ya, have it now.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

dublinfella

Quote from: Bingo on April 11, 2011, 12:08:08 PM

Yeah, its in the papers but the main point that Dublinfella seems to be making is that the perpetrator is linked to the GAA and seems to be taking some delight in this.

Taking delight? What?

The 'main point' is not me. I am not the story, so try harder than deflecting this into a rant about my percieved failings as a GAA fan.

Hardy

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2011, 11:46:20 AMNot a good day for the GAA when one of their best known writers has this alledged about him

You are a lowlife creep (as we knew) to try to score points on a subject like this. In what way does this journalist's job associate him with the GAA? How is he one of "their" writers?

Bingo

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2011, 12:15:22 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 11, 2011, 12:08:08 PM

Taking delight? What?

The 'main point' is not me. I am not the story, so try harder than deflecting this into a rant about my percieved failings as a GAA fan.

Listen this a serious issue, terrible for the victim and family, yet this was your part of your opening post <Edited Mod3>. Its about the girl and how she recovers. Hopefully justice will take care of the other party who get no pity from me or anyone on here.

dublinfella

Ok. So despite the fact this man has <Edited Mod 3> means that the GAA won't be involved in this story....

Right ho lads.

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on April 11, 2011, 12:18:18 PM

You are a lowlife creep (as we knew) to try to score points on a subject like this. In what way does this journalist's job associate him with the GAA? How is he one of "their" writers?

Because thats his job title....

Hardy

Come again. Are you suggesting he's employed by the GAA?

(And you could at least try to spell your slimeball innuendo correctly).

AZOffaly

Dublinfella, that is completely beyond the pale. This sentence beggers belief

'Not a good day for the GAA when one of their best known writers has this alledged about him'

If you really believe this then I have sympathy for you, but if you are using it to try and wind us up, then you are completely off piste.

Any journalist who does anything wrong automatically casts aspersions on the subject they cover?

brokencrossbar1

Lads don't engage.  It is a serious allegation and one which will be dealt with the correct way.  Bottom feeding is a past time of some people.  If this escalates there will be no more gaaboard, trust me on that.