Queen Elizabeth to visit Croke Park

Started by Eamonnca1, April 07, 2011, 05:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2011, 09:51:11 PM
When she goes on to the pitch Henry Shefflin should run out and wrap a hurl around her head before going over to the camera shouting "Revenge for Martin Johnson yis English b**tards".

Maybe Sambo would be a better option to Shefflin as he has done this type of thing before.

she might get a two match ban
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

all these bend over backward b.astards and lets move on posters on here sicking my s. h i t

Maguire01

Quote from: gerry on April 09, 2011, 09:58:22 PM
all these bend over backward b.astards and lets move on posters on here sicking my s. h i t
Who is bending over backward? And how?

ck

Interesting thread. A full spectrum of views on show.
My personal two-pence worth is that she has already visited Ireland on many occasions so whoopy doo about a Dublin visit. The sensitivities regarding a Croke Park visit is a seperate matter but surely it can only improve relations with Unionists north of the border... and if a United Ireland is ever achieved it will be by convincing our Unionist neighbours that their identities are best served by a United Ireland, the green, the white and the orange, united. If the Queen visiting Croker can enhance this in a tiny way then it's a good thing. I hope Lizzy gets a good solid education whilst she is there too.

gerry

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 09, 2011, 10:04:37 PM

the gaa by inviting her to croker

ck

Quote from: gerry on April 09, 2011, 10:11:24 PM

How are they bending over backwards?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Shouldn't the GAA follow the mood of the majority of the players, supporters and patrons of the organisation.

By the way I was opposed to the GAA opening Croke Park to Soccer and Rugby, not for political reasons, but because I didn't want to give up an infrastructural advantage to competing sports organisations. I seemed to get abuse from pro-opening Croke Park crowd because they kept insisting it was because I was bitter or against the Brits, when it was I didn't want to give up the GAA's competitive advantage. I was against the majority it seems and have accepted this. In fact I think I don't mind soccer and rugby in Croke Park so much, but glad they gone back across the river. I am still no to other grounds being opened, but purely because I see rugby and soccer as competitors and no other reason.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

gerry

Quote from: ck on April 09, 2011, 10:14:30 PM

i am a kind of loss as to why she has to go to croker when there is a newer stadium a few miles away

Maguire01

Quote from: gerry on April 09, 2011, 10:22:11 PM

i am a kind of loss as to why she has to go to croker when there is a newer stadium a few miles away
Some people aren't really getting this. Why do you think she might be going to Croke Park? Do you think it's her love of sports stadia?

Also, you never answered the question as to how the GAA are 'bending over backwards'.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2011, 10:21:08 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 09, 2011, 10:18:28 PM
Shouldn't the GAA follow the mood of the majority of the players, supporters and patrons of the organisation.
Of course. Let's have a GAA referendum.

Would have to be limited to paid up members (which I am), patrons and other supporters would find it harder to prove a right to cast a vote.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Maguire01

Quote from: ck on April 09, 2011, 10:06:47 PM
Interesting thread. A full spectrum of views on show.
My personal two-pence worth is that she has already visited Ireland on many occasions so whoopy doo about a Dublin visit. The sensitivities regarding a Croke Park visit is a seperate matter but surely it can only improve relations with Unionists north of the border... and if a United Ireland is ever achieved it will be by convincing our Unionist neighbours that their identities are best served by a United Ireland, the green, the white and the orange, united. If the Queen visiting Croker can enhance this in a tiny way then it's a good thing. I hope Lizzy gets a good solid education whilst she is there too.
I'm sure she will be well briefed in advance, if not already.

ck

Quote from: gerry on April 09, 2011, 10:22:11 PM

Sorry? Are you being serious? You are really at a loss?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2011, 10:15:59 PM
What's the point in a queen?

Or Mary McAleese?

Good question. None in my opinion, but it's  only my opinion. Ah, this is a right disaster, even my sister who's not interested in politics says she hopes the queen of england gets a history lesson about the naming of the Hogan Stand. I also added my own few sentences of the Brits in the occupied 6 counties as well and Crossmaglen etc. I suppose Sean Kelly will be one of the first to greet her.  >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gerry

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 09, 2011, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2011, 10:21:08 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 09, 2011, 10:18:28 PM
Of course. Let's have a GAA referendum.

Would have to be limited to paid up members (which I am), patrons and other supporters would find it harder to prove a right to cast a vote.

Well hard luck about the non members.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.