Cluxton decks McAteer

Started by Declan, April 04, 2011, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2011, 04:05:20 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 04, 2011, 03:49:27 PM
There's some different versions of the story now:

- One is that McAteer did a cynical foul on Cluxton who'd got by him, a bit of argy/bargy (no headbutt) and ended with the left hook.

- Another is that it was all staged.

Why would you stage something like that at a charity match?  :D

Was thinking that myself but then again Jayo wouldn't be the brightest bulb, he isn't known as Trigger for nothing!  Could be true, could be urban legend but a few stories about Trigg!!

Apparently McAteer was filling out a credit card application form and when he got to the 'position within your company' question put down 'wing-back'. Allegedly he bumped into Jimmy White on a night out and shouted out "One Hundred and Eiiiighty

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 04, 2011, 04:16:43 PM

- One is that McAteer did a cynical foul on Cluxton who'd got by him, a bit of argy/bargy (no headbutt) and ended with the left hook.

Was thinking that myself but then again Jayo wouldn't be the brightest bulb, he isn't known as Trigger for nothing!  Could be true, could be urban legend but a few stories about Trigg!!

Apparently McAteer was filling out a credit card application form and when he got to the 'position within your company' question put down 'wing-back'. Allegedly he bumped into Jimmy White on a night out and shouted out "One Hundred and Eiiiighty

There's a few about McAteer, but that looks like a pretend box to me. There's one where apparently Jason was asked did he want his pizza in 4 slices or 8. He said 'Four please love, I'd never eat 8'.

Tubberman

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 04, 2011, 04:18:49 PM

There's a few about McAteer, but that looks like a pretend box to me. There's one where apparently Jason was asked did he want his pizza in 4 slices or 8. He said 'Four please love, I'd never eat 8'.

Neil Ruddock told one of how he locked his keys inside his car. He told McAteer to run into the house and get him a clothes hanger.
McAteer came out with a wooden clothes hanger.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tubberman on April 04, 2011, 04:23:43 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 04, 2011, 04:18:49 PM

Neil Ruddock told one of how he locked his keys inside his car. He told McAteer to run into the house and get him a clothes hanger.
McAteer came out with a wooden clothes hanger.

He also called Phil Babb to find out the score in a game he missed because he was injured.  Babb told him it was 0-0.  He asked Babb what was the scre at half time :D

snoopdog

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2011, 02:25:29 PM
I too would also like to hear the reason.

Its a bloody charity game in aid of Autism. But those 2 tools start on one another.
some example alright.
only a kn**ker would do something like that.

Gael85

Typical of the rags putting GAA players on the front page when a row occurs,McAteer winding him up and kicked out at him first,cant blame Cluxton for reacting,I believe Bernard Dunne was very impressed with Cluxton left hook  :)

Bingo

Cluxton went in late on McAteer, McAteer threw the head into Cluxton, Cluxton boxed him a swift left. No set up.

Thats what I've been told by a very reliable person and he said he'd have more for me tomorrow!

ludermor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056228979

It's my pict.

None of the legends XI wore shin guards, for some weird reason.

Just to clarify, there was NO headbutt at all. I have a whole sequence of images of the incident, and the main "punch" image is the one used. The Sun printed a selection from the incident.

There was niggle from McAteer, with a few players. He didn't like the firm tackles, and Cluxton got the better of him a few times.

Cluxton took the ball from McAteer (no major incident), and made a break. McAteer took his heels, from behind, and Cluxton had enough. A bit of a shove from McAteer, and then Cluxton took him down. They were then separated (when McAteer got back up), and Bernard Dunne was in between, keeping them apart.

No handshake afterwards either.

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on April 04, 2011, 01:58:34 PM
I dont know whats funnier McAteer considered as a liverpool legend or Cluxton decking him.
Looks a bit staged to me.
2 knackers anyway
Bit harsh calling McAteer a kn**ker
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Chris agus Snoop

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Tubberman

McAteer gave a bizzare interview on Off the Ball on Newstalk this evening.
To say he is not happy is a massive understatement. I honestly thought he was taking the piss and at the end they'd reveal it was all a bit of a joke.
He laid into Cluxton saying how he had form for this kind of thing, referencing the 'infamous' sending off in 2003 and saying how he 'probably cost Dublin the All-Ireland'.
Came across as a complete tosser to be honest.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Whitehair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GyhzeYBbrE&playnext=1&list=PL7349B02DC00B3668

There's a clip of Mc Ateer and Ruddock on Soccer AM, from 1min 40 Ruddock tells a few stories about Mc Ateer. Daft as a brush....

Good finish against the Dutch all the same!