Cluxton decks McAteer

Started by Declan, April 04, 2011, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: oakleafgael on April 05, 2011, 08:52:37 AM
Its no surprise to hear that McAteer got lamped. More or less the same thing happened last year when Liverpool Legends played a gather up of Derry City aul timers. He was at the "hold me back" before I get him criac.

you're making things up..the only man who rose above a jog and put in a few tackles was Mike Marsh, the rest were having the craic

CC1

Quote from: Lily11 on April 05, 2011, 02:56:22 AM
Cluxton's an idiot for hitting him. It doesn't matter what was going on between the 2 of them it's a charity match for god's sake.
Have a word with yourself... The charity is getting great publicity out of this, hence the rumours that it was staged.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

spuds

Quote from: Gael85 on April 04, 2011, 10:46:01 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 04, 2011, 07:56:03 PM
McAteer gave a bizzare interview on Off the Ball on Newstalk this evening.
To say he is not happy is a massive understatement. I honestly thought he was taking the piss and at the end they'd reveal it was all a bit of a joke.
He laid into Cluxton saying how he had form for this kind of thing, referencing the 'infamous' sending off in 2003 and saying how he 'probably cost Dublin the All-Ireland'.
Came across as a complete t**ser to be honest.

Can anyone find McAteer interview on Off the Ball on Newstalk? if he refering to Cluxton sending off in 2003 he must of googled Cluxton on the net :)

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/offtheball/listen-back/

click on part 1 of yesterday's programme about 28mins 40 seconds in.
Triggs needs to consult a better PR agent, no wonder Roy Keane named his dog after him  :D
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

GalwayBayBoy

Bit much to be punching people during a charity event. Presuming it wasn't staged of course. I know people will naturally take Cluxton's side just because he's a GAA player but talk of people having sympathy for "Clucko" is a bit rich seeing as he's the one who lamped someone because he objected to being fouled.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2011, 12:28:16 PM
The charity should arrange for the two lads to have a charity boxing night refereed by Bernard Dunne, with all this publicity they'd have no problems selling tickets.

i'd pay to see that matchup dinny
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

heffo

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 05, 2011, 01:37:05 PM
Bit much to be punching people during a charity event. Presuming it wasn't staged of course. I know people will naturally take Cluxton's side just because he's a GAA player but talk of people having sympathy for "Clucko" is a bit rich seeing as he's the one who lamped someone because he objected to being fouled.

It wasn't staged and he had the legs taken from him on a few occasions - he reacted.

mattockranger

McAteer wants an apology now!!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

antrimlad

Quote from: mattockranger on April 05, 2011, 02:54:40 PM

McAteer wants an apology now!!

Where are you hearing that from?  ???

bigfrank

Puckoon

Did hoganstand just call him a Scouser?

Tubberman

Quote from: Puckoon on April 05, 2011, 03:54:09 PM
Did hoganstand just call him a Scouser?

What's the problem there?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 05, 2011, 01:37:05 PM

Well said.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TacadoirArdMhacha

McAteer's wikipedia;
Personal life

In October 2001, McAteer married Kristina Delaney from Oxford, at Slane Castle, in a lavish ceremony attended by all Jason's former team mates from Liverpool and the couple's friends and family. On Sunday the 3rd of April 2011, Jason was boxed in the chops by Dublin GAA footballing legend Stephen Cluxton during a charity soccer match in aid of Autism Ireland at Morton Stadium in Santry, north Dublin.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Dave

Quote from: Lily11 on April 05, 2011, 02:56:22 AM
Cluxton's an idiot for hitting him. It doesn't matter what was going on between the 2 of them it's a charity match for god's sake.

I was thinking the same thing.
Just because Cluxton is part of the Gaa doesn't make him right.
Some lads I'm sure think this is great because a Gaa man hit a evil soccer man  ::).