US Masters 2011

Started by Groucho, March 28, 2011, 07:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quotetime and again

Really? he's 21 and he's won on the US and European tours. He has was 3rd in 2 majors last year. I wouldnt say that he's done anything time and again other than show that he's an unbelievable golfer and a precocious young talent.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2011, 12:34:30 PM
Quote from: stephenite on April 05, 2011, 12:25:24 PM
Not a gambler either, however last night I dreamt that McIlroy won, defeating Bubba Watson on the last. How much of their annual income would a seasoned gambler put on the young fella from Holywood? I'm tempted to stick a couple a hundred

There will be a few people in Holywood Golf Club that will be substantially better off if McIlroy wins. They formed a syndicate when Rory was in his early teens and bet that he would win a major.

Cant see it myself yet. His putting just isnt good enough, and the greens at Augusta will punish any shortcomings.

I thought it was just the British Open and he had to win it before he was 25.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bogball XV

Quote from: heganboy on April 05, 2011, 12:58:53 PM
Quotetime and again

Really? he's 21 and he's won on the US and European tours. He has was 3rd in 2 majors last year. I wouldnt say that he's done anything time and again other than show that he's an unbelievable golfer and a precocious young talent.
He is a superb golfer but he does not convert many of his winning opportunities.  He has 2 wins worldwide and hasn't won in Europe since early 2009.  His one european win was by one stroke after leading by 6 going into the back 9.  His US victory was an unbelievable final round where came from well off the pace to win by posting a clubhouse score that the leaders couldn't get near.
In my opinion he does not yet have the balls to win a major, certainly not if he is leading, but feel free to disagree.  I wouldn't part with my hard earned on him as his price is always too short by virtue of his always getting into contention, which I think he will do here again.  But I do not see him winning.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on April 05, 2011, 12:25:24 PM
Not a gambler either, however last night I dreamt that McIlroy won, defeating Bubba Watson on the last. How much of their annual income would a seasoned gambler put on the young fella from Holywood? I'm tempted to stick a couple a hundred

ah come on stephenite enough of the golfing dreams . Dream  mayo winning the Ai good man, back to sleep now  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

laoislad

Graeme McDowell, conqueror of Tiger Woods in a play-off in December, will face him again in the first two rounds of The Masters on Thursday and Friday.

McDowell, the current US Open champion, tees off with Woods and Australian Robert Allenby at 3.41pm (Irish time) in the first round and in the penultimate group at 6.48pm in the second round.

Woods is without a victory since November 2009, but at the Target World Challenge he led by four with a round to go before being caught and then beaten by the Irishman.

McDowell now goes into the opening major of the season as the world number five and Woods as the number seven following Phil Mickelson's win in Houston on Sunday.

Padraig Harrington tees off with Ryo Ishikawa and Bill Haas just before 3pm, while Rory McIlroy has been put in the same group as two other exciting young players - American Ricky Fowler and Australian Jason Day.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

I've a feeling that neither McDowell nor McIlroy will make the cut.

Harrington will just scrape through.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2011, 05:07:02 PM

Graeme McDowell, conqueror of Tiger Woods in a play-off in December, will face him again in the first two rounds of The Masters on Thursday and Friday.

McDowell, the current US Open champion, tees off with Woods and Australian Robert Allenby at 3.41pm (Irish time) in the first round and in the penultimate group at 6.48pm in the second round.

Woods is without a victory since November 2009, but at the Target World Challenge he led by four with a round to go before being caught and then beaten by the Irishman.

McDowell now goes into the opening major of the season as the world number five and Woods as the number seven following Phil Mickelson's win in Houston on Sunday.

Padraig Harrington tees off with Ryo Ishikawa and Bill Haas just before 3pm, while Rory McIlroy has been put in the same group as two other exciting young players - American Ricky Fowler and Australian Jason Day.
I take it these match-ups are fixed and not an open draw?

Puckoon

We have a pool in work - pick 5 players - each day your player with the worse score gets dropped for the remainder of the tournament and your remaining players contribute your score for the day.

Big Phil
GMAC
Luke Donald
Dustin Johsnon
Tiger

Groucho

Quote from: Groucho on March 28, 2011, 10:00:24 PM
Think I'll wager a few quid each way on KJ Choi and J Rose. P.Casey 8)
Usual suspects Woods and Mickelson will not be far away.

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

muppet

Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2011, 05:17:09 PM
I've a feeling that neither McDowell nor McIlroy will make the cut.

Harrington will just scrape through.

Harry will threaten to get into contention at the start of Sunday but will then fade to a top 10/20 finish.

I've a hunch for Poulter having a good week but it is hard to see past Mickelson.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Went for Bubba, Martin and Kaymer each way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

does anyone give Oosthuizen a good e/w shout?

Bogball XV

Quote from: The Worker on April 05, 2011, 08:00:05 PM
does anyone give Oosthuizen a good e/w shout?
Decent ew shout imo, immelman another big priced former winner coming back into form.

laoislad

Par 3 tournament on at 7.30pm tomorrow night on Sky Sports..

I done my bets tonight.
Went with Westwood,Kaymer, Woods and for the craic I put a each way on Goosen
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Doogie Browser

Gonna back Ishikawa each way after his great gesture last week.