Doire vs An Mhí__Celtic Park__3/4/2011

Started by thejuice, March 22, 2011, 02:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

QuoteMeath manager Seamus McEnaney expects to be able to call on a host of players, including injured duo Kevin and Graham Reilly, for next week's Allianz National League trip to Derry.

With just two points from their five games to date, Meath face an uphill struggle to avoid relegation to Division 3 in McEnaney's first term in charge.

But the Royals' survival bid will be boosted by the return to action of several key players, including full back and International Rules regular Kevin Reilly and the county's Young Player of the Year, forward Graham Reilly.

In addition, the Bray brothers Stephen and David are close to a return to action after a honeymoon and injury respectively, while Peadar Byrne is available again after suspension.

While former All Star Stephen may need some time to build up his fitness levels, the other four are expected to be in contention to feature against Derry at Celtic Park on Sunday week (3 April).

McEnaney said, "We'd be hopeful both Reillys will be able to play a part and Stephen Bray is also home next week. The likes of those will certainly help what we started on Sunday."

All good news to start of with.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Quote from: thejuice on March 22, 2011, 02:43:31 PM
QuoteMeath manager Seamus McEnaney expects to be able to call on a host of players, including injured duo Kevin and Graham Reilly, for next week's Allianz National League trip to Derry.

With just two points from their five games to date, Meath face an uphill struggle to avoid relegation to Division 3 in McEnaney's first term in charge.

But the Royals' survival bid will be boosted by the return to action of several key players, including full back and International Rules regular Kevin Reilly and the county's Young Player of the Year, forward Graham Reilly.

In addition, the Bray brothers Stephen and David are close to a return to action after a honeymoon and injury respectively, while Peadar Byrne is available again after suspension.

While former All Star Stephen may need some time to build up his fitness levels, the other four are expected to be in contention to feature against Derry at Celtic Park on Sunday week (3 April).

McEnaney said, "We'd be hopeful both Reillys will be able to play a part and Stephen Bray is also home next week. The likes of those will certainly help what we started on Sunday."

All good news to start of with.

What did we start on Sunday?

thejuice

Sure we were hardly trying before then,

ah don't tell me you didn't know Hardy  ;)

and sure Sunday was only a half effort, most of the lads were still in their work boots.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Bogball XV

Is it still the early 80's since Meath beat us in the league, or did we lose one recently?

thejuice

Last time I was at a Meath-Derry league match (not including the 2000 final) Tohill and Brolly were playing. It was in Navan and we lost that one too.

Jinxy

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 22, 2011, 04:15:44 PM
Is it still the early 80's since Meath beat us in the league, or did we lose one recently?

Let us win this one.
We're too pretty for division 3, they'll eat us alive.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Eoin Bradley is out with a 4 week suspension.

Still I wouldn't dare let myself get optimistic about winning.

thejuice

David Bray out for the rest of the year, re-did his cruciate. Gutted for him. He was almost back and now he's out long term again. terrible bad luck.

Hardy

That's terrible. The best of luck to him.

Sea The Stars

Celtic Park is not the fortress it once was and the current Derry side look very flaky. If it weren't for Meath's abysmal away record, I'd be quietly confident of a win, even in our current state.

Think the key is to start well -  from the few games I've seen of Derry, they usually start to doubt themselves once the game starts going away from them. And teams often run up a big score against them.

David Bray is going to be a massive loss. But at least we have Stephem returning to the panel around now and he should add an extra element to our one-dimensional attack.

thejuice

Graham Reilly played a club game yesterday and is available for selection against Doire. This is only 4 weeks after having a groin operation.

Now I'm not sad to have him back by any means but is that not too soon after any type of surgery but groin in particular?

tbrick18

Quote from: Sea The Stars on March 26, 2011, 10:57:31 AM
Celtic Park is not the fortress it once was and the current Derry side look very flaky. If it weren't for Meath's abysmal away record, I'd be quietly confident of a win, even in our current state.

Think the key is to start well -  from the few games I've seen of Derry, they usually start to doubt themselves once the game starts going away from them. And teams often run up a big score against them.

David Bray is going to be a massive loss. But at least we have Stephem returning to the panel around now and he should add an extra element to our one-dimensional attack.

From a Derry perspective, your not far out with that analysis. We have a very young side and very little experience on the bench.  I think we should win if we can start well given Meaths poor away record, but anything could happen. Derry and Meath games always seem to have an edge to them so looking forward to it.

Hardy

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 29, 2011, 08:48:16 AMDerry and Meath games always seem to have an edge to them so looking forward to it.

We have about as much edge as a bowl of jelly at the moment.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 22, 2011, 04:15:44 PM
Meath beat Derry in Navan a few years ago - think it was Geraghtys last season and he had just made a comeback.
at a guess i'd say 2007

DuffleKing

Quote from: Hardy on March 29, 2011, 09:03:11 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on March 29, 2011, 08:48:16 AMDerry and Meath games always seem to have an edge to them so looking forward to it.

We have about as much edge as a bowl of jelly at the moment.

A sharp, edgy bowl?