St Brigids can do it.

Started by Denn Forever, March 15, 2011, 01:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Can't do it based on you're opinion of beating good teams along the way. Kilmurray Brick beat some cracking teams last year and bar the first minute goal, never looked like winning. You can't underestimate the the feeling these players will have walking out onto that pitch for the first time as clubmates!!!

With it being the second game the crowd will be bigger also, more noise, nerves, fumbling the ball the swirling wind, the occasion, the history. I could go on. As a neutral (though from Ulster) would like to see a new team (like we did) win. Cross though i believe have that something that wins these games. Cross by 3/4 points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stephenite

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2011, 07:35:16 PM
As a neutral (though from Ulster) would like to see a new team (like we did) win.

I know from experience whenever a Antrim team get knocked out they always support the Ulster team, neutral my arse.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ross4life on March 15, 2011, 10:45:00 PM
As a neutral (though from Ulster) would like to see a new team (like we did) win.

I know from experience whenever a Antrim team get knocked out they always support the Ulster team, neutral my arse.

I'm for the underdog always, but if I'm putting money on this its 7/2 for a 4-6 points winning margin!! I'm just looking at it from that angle and what i'd already stated above.

Totally neutral, Ross these lads dashed our plans this year. having watched them this season they are a good team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jinxy

Best of luck to Brigids.
Sow it into them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2011, 10:50:46 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 15, 2011, 10:45:00 PM

I'm for the underdog always, but if I'm putting money on this its 7/2 for a 4-6 points winning margin!! I'm just looking at it from that angle and what i'd already stated above.

Totally neutral, Ross these lads dashed our plans this year. having watched them this season they are a good team

When your team gets beaten in Ulster the support for the other Ulster team is always strengthened

E.g My Dad & relations are from Ulster in the past i have asked them... why are you supporting the team that beat you? answer is always the same....why would i follow a Connacht,Leinster,Munster team.

If your a "totally Neutral" i would suggest a DNA test for some Connacht blood  ;)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross matt on March 15, 2011, 06:08:10 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 15, 2011, 05:36:08 PM
Quote from: ross matt on March 15, 2011, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 15, 2011, 04:22:31 PM
Would he not die happy anyway? Alot of other counties won alot less.
Itd be stupid to write off Brigids, 50/50 call imo and cross have the experience but so did nemo so i cant see being anything other than a close game. Should be entertaining and im looking forward to it.

Gerry O'Malley is a legend of the game and widely respected. He's also an elderly man who's perfectly entitled to make statements like that without the likes of you questioning it. He lost an Ireland final himself just like the great great Dermot Early after carrying many a Roscommon side on his own for years. He hardly needs a lecture on what counties have won less.

Brigids are a fine footballing side. They ran Cross close a few years ago when I think the Armagh side were better than they are now. Cross obviously have the big day experience but Brigids have been been making step by step progress in club football outside their own county for a number of years and wont be too raw either. I think they can do it. Best of luck to them.
Sensitive today are we, i make no apologies for what i pointed out correctly. Im perfectly entitled to my opinion on self indulgence aswell no matter what the source. Theres a good chance he will die happy God love him with a Brigids win; as all those AI and Connacht titles arent enough already, poor fella :'(.
The point was respect which clearly you missed. (Obviously making a horse's ass of yourself with your arrogant predictions before the Connacht final last year havent taught you any humilty). Ask your Dad (who you kept referencing so often back then about ye'er dedication to Sligo) who Gerry O'Malley is before you come on here trivialising his comments. I know alot of Sligo football people... many of them involved with the current team and thankfully you're not an accurate representation of them.
No idividual is representation of an entire county just like your pig ignorance isnt a true reflection on roscommon football.

Best of luck to St Brigids and Clarinbridge.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

fitzroyalty

Always support the Ulster teams at the business end...be that the 'Aristocrats' or those breeds in Tyrone...Same applies for Cross, though in the Armagh SFC I support anyone but them, in Ulster I'm indifferent and in the AI I support them. Surely be a few Cullyhanna men wondering what could have been  :P

Kerry Mike

Dublin will be packed with tourists tomorrow for the parade but how many of these will even know 2 of our great national games will be on display in Croke Park a few hours after the parade.

It would take little investmest to market the games on Paddy's Day correctly, probably lucky to get about 30k for the games on their own but throw a float in the parade, showing off Sam and Liam and some videos of the great skills of the GAA and with the times and location of the games added in and get youngsters from the 4 teams involved tomorrow to parade in their club colours and you might be amazed at how many tourists might show up and swell the crowd in Croker to 50-60k . Add in Jedward or the like between the games in Croker and it would swell the ranks even more.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Canalman

Heard somewhere entrance fee for adults is E25. If true, madness.

Truth be told, AICF days are usually pure torture, biting wind and cold with stodgy fare on display on the field.
Have just thawed out after my last jaunt there when Salthill won it. Misery.

Fuzzman

I totally agree with ya KM and I often thought this for other games as well where they know it won't be a full house.

When you are in around the city centre there is no mention of what's going on in Croker whereas should they invest in a big poster campaign in around the city centre then they could get loads of tourists looking for something Irish.

I was at a game a few years back and I was right up in the top of the Cusack stand near the Hill. Sitting next to me was a man in his 50's with his son from Italy. They had just got wind of the game and they came along. He couldn't believe the stadium, the atmosphere, the way fans mingled so well and the intensity of the match itself.

ross4life

I understand the biggest ever crowd for a All ireland club final in Croke park was around 35k, kerry mike is spot on the GAA should be trying to fill the place & tickets are indeed 25euro a 5 euro rise from last year.

armaghniac

I couldn't agree more KM, you could have the club finals promoted in hotels and the like. There is a serious lack of imagination in these matters. Have cheap tickets for anyone producing a non Irish passport or ticket from abroad. There is always a certain sensitivity about promotions that give tourists lower prices than locals, the solution there is to give locals who attend some discount on another game, so that they do not feel discriminated against, e.g. free admission to the first club championship game this year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Canalman on March 16, 2011, 11:45:47 AM
Heard somewhere entrance fee for adults is E25. If true, madness.

Truth be told, AICF days are usually pure torture, biting wind and cold with stodgy fare on display on the field.
Have just thawed out after my last jaunt there when Salthill won it. Misery.

Cheers for that, sitting watching your team lose and frozen to death was not a great feeling that day ;D ;D

Last year the weather was grand and a better result i may add