St Brigids can do it.

Started by Denn Forever, March 15, 2011, 01:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

In the interest of balance.

Both teams have beaten quality opposition in the semis so hopefully it will be an epic. 

Enjoy the day.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tatler Jack

Should be good game - hope weather stays dry. Will be close but Brigids can do it!!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ross4life

Thanks Denn Forever for re-dressing the balance but maybe the mods can make one thread for the match instead of two?

Anyways only question mark i have over the Brigids lads is how they will cope with the pressure of All Ireland final day/Croke park

If they play like i know they can then dreams can become true.

Read a good a piece in the local paper today from Roscommon legend Gerry O'Malley (now 82 years young) he said... I've been going to the club finals for 30 years and i often thought what it would be like to see a club from our parish in the final. Clann na nGael were there a number of times and we were all behind them, I've seen it all. i saw Roscommon win Senior,Minor & under 21 All irelands & if i see St Brigid's win the All Ireland I'd die a happy man.

Best of luck guys let's make March 17th St. Brigid's day!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Would he not die happy anyway? Alot of other counties won alot less.

Itd be stupid to write off Brigids, 50/50 call imo and cross have the experience but so did nemo so i cant see being anything other than a close game. Should be entertaining and im looking forward to it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 15, 2011, 04:22:31 PM

It's a long article i just took out that one quote, talking mostly how began playing football in that parish & his one desire would be to see a All Ireland coming home.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Itd be stupid to write off Brigids, 50/50 call imo and cross have the experience but so did nemo so i cant see being anything other than a close game. Should be entertaining and im looking forward to it.

Gerry O'Malley is a legend of the game and widely respected. He's also an elderly man who's perfectly entitled to make statements like that without the likes of you questioning it. He lost an Ireland final himself just like the great great Dermot Early after carrying many a Roscommon side on his own for years. He hardly needs a lecture on what counties have won less.

Brigids are a fine footballing side. They ran Cross close a few years ago when I think the Armagh side were better than they are now. Cross obviously have the big day experience but Brigids have been been making step by step progress in club football outside their own county for a number of years and wont be too raw either. I think they can do it. Best of luck to them.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross matt on March 15, 2011, 05:02:54 PM

Gerry O'Malley is a legend of the game and widely respected. He's also an elderly man who's perfectly entitled to make statements like that without the likes of you questioning it. He lost an Ireland final himself just like the great great Dermot Early after carrying many a Roscommon side on his own for years. He hardly needs a lecture on what counties have won less.

Brigids are a fine footballing side. They ran Cross close a few years ago when I think the Armagh side were better than they are now. Cross obviously have the big day experience but Brigids have been been making step by step progress in club football outside their own county for a number of years and wont be too raw either. I think they can do it. Best of luck to them.
Sensitive today are we, i make no apologies for what i pointed out correctly. Im perfectly entitled to my opinion on self indulgence aswell no matter what the source. Theres a good chance he will die happy God love him with a Brigids win; as all those AI and Connacht titles arent enough already, poor fella :'(.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross matt

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 15, 2011, 05:36:08 PM
Quote from: ross matt on March 15, 2011, 05:02:54 PM

Sensitive today are we, i make no apologies for what i pointed out correctly. Im perfectly entitled to my opinion on self indulgence aswell no matter what the source. Theres a good chance he will die happy God love him with a Brigids win; as all those AI and Connacht titles arent enough already, poor fella :'(.
The point was respect which clearly you missed. (Obviously making a horse's ass of yourself with your arrogant predictions before the Connacht final last year havent taught you any humilty). Ask your Dad (who you kept referencing so often back then about ye'er dedication to Sligo) who Gerry O'Malley is before you come on here trivialising his comments. I know alot of Sligo football people... many of them involved with the current team and thankfully you're not an accurate representation of them.

Tubberman

Will be out of the country for Paddy's Day, otherwise I'd head doing to croker for this one. Best of luck to brigid's, hope they do it.
Was in mullingar for the semi a few years ago. Brigid's weren't far away at all that day, and I don't think crossmaglen are as good now as they were back then.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Sheedy

think i speak for vast majority in co.down when i say "good luck st.brigids".
nil satis nisi optimum

Rossfan

We are all ( even Clann  ;D) hoping the Biddies can bring the first Andy Merrigan to our fair County.
If they avoid a big day freeze they have every chance of doing so. Any early minutes disasters will be fatal but I think there are enough ould heads around to avoid that.
Let's hope there's a big Ross turnout and roar them on from start to finish.
Hopefully the west Ross people won't be too uncomfortable supporting a team in red/green. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to Brigids from all in Knockmore. Do what we couldn't do in 1997.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Best of luck to the Roscommon men. Bring the Andy Merrigan back to Connacht. Hope to see it travel across the Shannon.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.