Driving license expired

Started by maggie, March 09, 2011, 01:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

This morning on my way to work, the car in front stopped suddenly to let oncoming traffic through as there had been a collision on the other side of the road. (Either that or he stopped for a nose). The car behind me who had been driving up my ass for the previous 3 miles couldn't get stopped in time and ended up slamming into me.

There was a good bit of damage to the back of my car and his was totally wrecked, it had to be towed away.

So as my license is expired-am I covered by my insurance. I've since had a call to say his insurance company will take the car away, give me a courtesy car and then fix it. 

Hilltresk

Quote from: maggie on March 09, 2011, 01:50:16 PM
This morning on my way to work, the car in front stopped suddenly to let oncoming traffic through as there had been a collision on the other side of the road. (Either that or he stopped for a nose). The car behind me who had been driving up my ass for the previous 3 miles couldn't get stopped in time and ended up slamming into me.

There was a good bit of damage to the back of my car and his was totally wrecked, it had to be towed away.

So as my license is expired-am I covered by my insurance. I've since had a call to say his insurance company will take the car away, give me a courtesy car and then fix it.

No you are not insured as you do not have a VALID UK LICENCE. Sorry.

supersarsfields

You'll be grand. His insurance are dealing with it so say nothing and there's be no problems. It's only your own insurance company that would conduct the indemnity checks like valid license. At the end of the day even if you were driving without insurance you would still be entitled to claim of his insurance if he's at fault.

Denn Forever

I think I have to renew my license.  Are the forms on the internet or do I need to go to the tax office?

Tough luck Maggie.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Maiden1

There are no proofs, only opinions.

brokencrossbar1

Are ye alright maggie never mind the licence? Stiff neck? Sore shoulders? Dull lower back ache? Seat belt bruising? Sounds like the early symptoms of cha-ching!!!

Final Whistle

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 09, 2011, 02:57:32 PM
Are ye alright maggie never mind the licence? Stiff neck? Sore shoulders? Dull lower back ache? Seat belt bruising? Sounds like the early symptoms of cha-ching!!!

Ah the south Armagh / Newry claim culture is alive and kicking! Anybody that claims false injuries is a f*ckin sc**bag in my opinion!

maggie

Aye, I'm ok. First accident I've been in (and hopefully the last). Just a bit shaky.

johnneycool

Quote from: maggie on March 09, 2011, 03:40:58 PM
Aye, I'm ok. First accident I've been in (and hopefully the last). Just a bit shaky.
Wait till the morning, some of this can have a delayed reaction, I was shunted in the rear (fnarr fnarr) once, bent the tow bar into the rear bumper and did a lot more damage to the lad who'd skidded into me (car up in front turning right). I was fine at the time but the next morning was stiff as a poker, was alright after a day or two though.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2011, 04:01:36 PM
Wait till the morning, some of this can have a delayed reaction, I was shunted in the rear (fnarr fnarr) once, bent the tow bar into the rear bumper and did a lot more damage to the lad who'd skidded into me (car up in front turning right). I was fine at the time but the next morning was stiff as a poker, was alright after a day or two though.

How much did you get ??
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

You are gonna be locked up and the key thrown away maggie.
Some dyke called Norma is gonna make you her bitch...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

omagh_gael

Drivers like you maggie are the reason insurance is so high, and I bet you were one of the first ones to complain about the EU insurance ruling for young female drivers.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2011, 04:01:36 PM
I'd say you weren't too stiff to lift the phone to the solicitor ;)