An Ríocht na MÍ Vs Tír Chonaill____An Uaimh, Dé Domhnaigh 13/3/11

Started by thejuice, March 08, 2011, 02:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Lets hope we get our season back on track with a badly needed win at home.

Sadly Graham and Kevin Reilly are out for the rest of the league, so are we back to Moyles at full back or has Banty unearthed someone else for the role?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Cian Ward out now too with a fractured jaw. How long does that take to heal?

No disrespect to Kevin, but I hope his absence will force a solution to the full back problem, because Kevin ain't it.

thejuice

From the Chronicle
Quote"Thankfully it's not my jaw, it's my cheekbone and, while it is sore, like a pain in the face, I would hope to be back playing very soon, although I won't know for certain until I go up to the St James's fracture clinic and they can have a look at it," he said. "I would be an optimistic type of person and I would hope that I won't be out for long. I can eat fine and it's just uncomfortable at the moment," Ward added.

He's alright, sounds like he just has a pain in the face. I get that all the time reading this forum.

Still he'll miss this game.

Hard to know what way they'll line up, will he use Under-21s is another question.

My stab at it would be

1. Murphy

2. Dalton,
3. Menton
4. McGill

5. King
6. Meade
7. Kenny

8. Crawford
9. Gillespie;

10. McAnarney,
11. O'Rourke
12. Gilsenan

13. Nestor
14. Sheridan
15. Farrell

Doesn't look great but not sure of our options.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DB_An_Mhi

Quote from: thejuice on March 09, 2011, 08:36:40 PM
From the Chronicle
Quote"Thankfully it's not my jaw, it's my cheekbone and, while it is sore, like a pain in the face, I would hope to be back playing very soon, although I won't know for certain until I go up to the St James's fracture clinic and they can have a look at it," he said. "I would be an optimistic type of person and I would hope that I won't be out for long. I can eat fine and it's just uncomfortable at the moment," Ward added.

He's alright, sounds like he just has a pain in the face. I get that all the time reading this forum.

Still he'll miss this game.

Hard to know what way they'll line up, will he use Under-21s is another question.

My stab at it would be

1. Murphy

2. Dalton,
3. Menton
4. McGill

5. King
6. Meade
7. Kenny

8. Crawford
9. Gillespie;

10. McAnarney,
11. O'Rourke
12. Gilsenan

13. Nestor
14. Sheridan
15. Farrell

Doesn't look great but not sure of our options.

B Murphy; C O'Connor, B Menton, C King; G O'Brien, C McGuinness, C Lenehan; B Meade, N Crawford; S McAnarney, B Sheridan, S Kenny; D Morgan, J Sheridan, S O'Rourke.

Midfield as it should be and Brian Sheridan in for Brian Farrell.

thejuice

Will be interesting to see what Lenehan will do. He had a tough time against Longford on Wednesday but is good coming forward and winning possession cleanly.

Hope Brian Sheridan takes the frees. He's more reliable than O'Rourke. Good to have him in the side he didn't really get a chance due to injury last year.

donegal lad

this will be an interesting game with both teams fighting for the 2 points for different reasons leo is a massive loss for us was by far our best performer this season

thejuice

Just read Lenehan cant play due to being sent off against Longford. No replacement announced.

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Hardy on March 08, 2011, 02:38:01 PM
Cian Ward out now too with a fractured jaw. How long does that take to heal?

No disrespect to Kevin, but I hope his absence will force a solution to the full back problem, because Kevin ain't it.

Seriously?

Full-back is one of the few positions where I would say Meath are actually strong.

Not many number threes about that are better than Kevin Reilly.

Hardy

I wanted and tried to believe that for a few years before having to accept the evidence of my own eyes. Kevin is a good footballer but not a good full back, for me. Too slow, too easily turned and not reliable under the high ball.

DB_An_Mhi

Well deserved win for Donegal today. Meath were hopeless. We knew Moyles not up to full-back but both he and Menton together couldn't handle Michael Murphy. He gave a masterclass in shooting today.

Hardy

Division Three here we come.

I'm not looking forward to this Summer at all.

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on March 13, 2011, 10:58:47 AM
I wanted and tried to believe that for a few years before having to accept the evidence of my own eyes. Kevin is a good footballer but not a good full back, for me. Too slow, too easily turned and not reliable under the high ball.

We could have done with him today!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

Quote from: DB_An_Mhi on March 13, 2011, 04:51:00 PM
Well deserved win for Donegal today. Meath were hopeless. We knew Moyles not up to full-back but both he and Menton together couldn't handle Michael Murphy. He gave a masterclass in shooting today.

Sounded from radio commentary like Murphy hit some ridiculous scores in the second half.

Good win for our boys. Should be enough to keep us in Division 2. Just hope with all this running and intensity that McGuinness isn't peaking them too early in the season, but its a very encouraging start to his tenure. The U-21s from last year like Molloy, McHugh, McLoone (assuming he makes it back in time for the championship), along with the likes of Murphy, Lacey, McGee and so on are playing very well.

donegal lad

swounded like the lads put in a great display today great to hear murphey is back scoring freely from play leo still a big loss to the team dont think he will be back till midway through the championship  :(