The Absolute Monarch of the Vatican City to visit Ireland.

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, March 07, 2011, 04:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

http://www.thejournal.ie/pope-benedict-to-visit-ireland-in-2012-2011-03/

Pope Benedict expected to visit Ireland in 2012
Pope Benedict XVIImage: AP Photo/Pier Paolo Cito

THE POPE IS expected to visit Ireland in June next year according to a report today.

The Vatican has not confirmed the report in today's Irish Independent, but Pope Benedict XVI is expected to be the chief celebrant at an open air mass to mark the end of a week-long International Eucharistic Congress on 17 June at Dublin's Croke Park.

It would be only the second visit by a pontiff to the Republic and the first since Pope John Paul II visited Ireland in 1979.

A confirmation of the papal visit by the Vatican would not be likely until early next year.

However preparations for the Eucharistic Congress are ongoing with a programme of events to be launched at a press conference in Dublin today.

The Belfast Telegraph reports that it is also hoped the Pope will make a visit to Northern Ireland for the first time as part of the trip.

There were plans for the last Pope to visit the North as part of the 1979 trip, but Provisional IRA violence resulted in the arrangements being cancelled.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

How many Republicans will be turning out to see the Emperor of the Vatican?

Arthur_Friend

Are you not a Republican? You've got the flag of one there as your avatar.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on March 07, 2011, 05:02:31 PM
Are you not a Republican? You've got the flag of one there as your avatar.

Yes I am, and I won't be turning out to see the King nor the Kaiser (ok the Queen nor the Pope  ;D  )

ross4life

Is he doing Knock like the last pope & in 2012 will plenty of new born babies be called ben,benny & beatrix?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Banana Man

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 07, 2011, 04:58:54 PM

THE POPE IS expected to visit Ireland in June next year according to a report today.

The Vatican has not confirmed the report in today's Irish Independent, but Pope Benedict XVI is expected to be the chief celebrant at an open air mass to mark the end of a week-long International Eucharistic Congress on 17 June at Dublin's Croke Park.

It would be only the second visit by a pontiff to the Republic and the first since Pope John Paul II visited Ireland in 1979.

A confirmation of the papal visit by the Vatican would not be likely until early next year.

However preparations for the Eucharistic Congress are ongoing with a programme of events to be launched at a press conference in Dublin today.

The Belfast Telegraph reports that it is also hoped the Pope will make a visit to Northern Ireland for the first time as part of the trip.

There were plans for the last Pope to visit the North as part of the 1979 trip, but Provisional IRA violence resulted in the arrangements being cancelled.

i think the author of the article will find it was the threat of loyalist violence - talk about poor journalism

anyway, lizzie windsor this year, the pope next, talk about stage managed - who's footing the bill for the 2 visits??

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Banana Man on March 07, 2011, 05:04:42 PM

i think the author of the article will find it was the threat of loyalist violence - talk about poor journalism

anyway, lizzie windsor this year, the pope next, talk about stage managed - who's footing the bill for the 2 visits??

Seems Obama is on the way too!!!

Final Whistle

Quote from: Banana Man on March 07, 2011, 05:04:42 PM

The Germans obvoiusly.

Ulick

Ye wha? Were the Provies going to shoot him or something?

mylestheslasher

To answer the question I want neither of these people in my country and won't be present unless its with a banner telling them to piss off back where they came from.

Eamonnca1

Riddle me this. If you prefer a parliamentary system over a US-style presidential system, does that mean you wouldn't welcome Obama in Ireland?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2011, 06:00:34 PM
Riddle me this.

I stopped reading after this, none of this Wheres my lucky charms? leprechaunish for me thank you.

Eamonnca1

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2011, 06:47:10 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 07, 2011, 06:42:08 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2011, 06:00:34 PM
Riddle me this.

I stopped reading after this, none of this Wheres my lucky charms? leprechaunish for me thank you.
What?

Do Irish people actually say Riddle me this? Its like that "Wheres my luck charms" and "top of the morning to ya" only found on American tv.

ross4life

Are you having some Corned beef and cabbage tonight MGHU?  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open