Heating oil - How much do you burn?

Started by woy the clown, March 07, 2011, 01:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

£500 would do us a year. Break my back at the ole turf during the summer but its worth it.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: isourboydownyet on March 07, 2011, 01:46:46 PM
i spend a serious amount on oil,from jan 10 to jan 11 i spent £2150.
i just recently changed my boiler to a condensing boiler so hopefully that will reduce the amount i put in.

thats a lot of oil for for one day !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Onion Bag

I put 1000 ltrs in the tank on 30th November last year which was £480, I put another 1000 ltrs in the tank last week which was £580 (shocking increase in 3 months)
Heading for the better weather now I'm hoping this will last me well into the summer, and a 3rd fill then to take me back into the winter again
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

comethekingdom

I was burning a serious oil too until I checked the burner! Burning about 100L/week for about 2.5 hrs in morning, 5 - 10pm in evenings and mostly all day sat & sunday thru the winter months.
Anyway checked the pump pressure setting and it was way too high - it needs to be about 8 bar. Mine was over 13! changed the jet and fuel consumption has reduced dramatically!  8)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: comethekingdom on March 07, 2011, 09:33:11 PM
I was burning a serious oil too until I checked the burner! Burning about 100L/week for about 2.5 hrs in morning, 5 - 10pm in evenings and mostly all day sat & sunday thru the winter months.
Anyway checked the pump pressure setting and it was way too high - it needs to be about 8 bar. Mine was over 13! changed the jet and fuel consumption has reduced dramatically!  8)
Jayz youse like the heat. Put a jumper on!

sammymaguire

Moving into my new gaff in the next couple of months but just had the heating out on a few weeks ago to dry the place out... Got through 600 litres in a fortnight heating the ufh and a few rads upstairs, it was on 24/7 but it would certainly not want to be anywhere near this thirsty when I move in  :'(

I will have some solar panels and a stove to reduce the running costs of the place but don't want to revisit this thread
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 07, 2011, 08:40:47 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on March 07, 2011, 01:46:46 PM
i spend a serious amount on oil,from jan 10 to jan 11 i spent £2150.
i just recently changed my boiler to a condensing boiler so hopefully that will reduce the amount i put in.

thats a lot of oil for for one day !

it's a big house!!

johnneycool

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 07, 2011, 09:39:50 PM
Moving into my new gaff in the next couple of months but just had the heating out on a few weeks ago to dry the place out... Got through 600 litres in a fortnight heating the ufh and a few rads upstairs, it was on 24/7 but it would certainly not want to be anywhere near this thirsty when I move in  :'(

I will have some solar panels and a stove to reduce the running costs of the place but don't want to revisit this thread

You'll get that in a new build. for the first while that its drying out you couldn't carry oil to them.

J OGorman

Wife rings yesterday evening to say we're out of oil. This was a shocker as we had @ least a quater of a tank. The back gate was opened (no lock but had a heavy wooden garden table up agin it). The cap was off the tank and she was empty (again no lock but some twisted wire). Not the most secure, only myself to blame, heading to B & Q to get locks etc..

my question is, is it legal for me to set a bear trap at the oil tank? My bear trap, beside my tank in my garden and if any hooer comes in trying to steal my oil again he/she will get clamped

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J OGorman on March 08, 2011, 01:02:10 PM
Wife rings yesterday evening to say we're out of oil. This was a shocker as we had @ least a quater of a tank. The back gate was opened (no lock but had a heavy wooden garden table up agin it). The cap was off the tank and she was empty (again no lock but some twisted wire). Not the most secure, only myself to blame, heading to B & Q to get locks etc..

my question is, is it legal for me to set a bear trap at the oil tank? My bear trap, beside my tank in my garden and if any hooer comes in trying to steal my oil again he/she will get clamped
How do you know it is a bear stealing your oil?

johnneycool

No point getting a lock especially if its a plastic tank, they'll just drill a hole in it if they've went to that much bother another few seconds isn't going to be any deterrent.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 08, 2011, 01:04:28 PM

How do you know it is a bear stealing your oil?
:D :D :D Class!

clarshack

going to need a fill of oil soon. is price of oil to come down at all in the near future or should i just get it now?

Hereiam

Get it now. Has been going up £10 a week for 100 gallon this last couple of weeks. The exchange rate is doing the damage at the minute

gawa316

Paid 528stg last wk for 900l, was quoted 520 the week before