fer fecks sake.. MING!!!??

Started by lawnseed, March 06, 2011, 02:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 07, 2011, 12:10:32 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 11:00:50 PM
we have tds proclaiming their allegiance to enda 'because hes from the west' so what? hes the leader of a small country and hes going to favour one side of it? sure lets have three days a week when the dail spends the its time talking about 'western issues'. this shite  has to stop!  the last election was supposed to be a watershed, a change,

i'm in no doubt that ming is probably great craic and soundbite materail but no matter what he says now smart arses in the dail are going to say 'go way and have a smoke' his credibility is out the window. hes compromised

Well the next Taoiseach will be a Mayoman, the next Tainiste a Galwayman, the next Minister for Finance is from a stone throw across the eastern side of the Shannon and Pat Rabbitte is another Mayoman, but I can tell you that these men are no Western Politicians, they are National ones. They are not parochial in the slightest, they have the best interests of Ireland @ heart. Its a bit rich coming from you lawnseed, you think Gerrry Adams is the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm pretty sure your views are blurred by the fact that he is a 6 county man. Not sure he would have got elected anywhere in the Republic without so many 6 county blow-ins as in Louth or borderarea.

Again Ming is not a one trick pony, his views on turf cutting and on cleaning up Irish politics are quite interesting. Sure you didn't know who he was about a week ago, like Gerry still getting acclimtised to the politics of the Republic  ;) You will have to turn off the BBC NI & UTV and turn on RTE, TV3 & TG4.

For a self proclaimed Irish "republican" (pull the other one), you sure are a partitionist attitude that would put even Michael Martin to shame. At least Gerry Adams and Sinn Féin are directly involved in All-Ireland politics. I note that FG's entire election manifesto contained a grand total of zero references to the six counties.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Billys Boots

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 07, 2011, 02:57:06 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on March 07, 2011, 12:03:03 PM
Well said; it beggars belief that a SF apologist would have an issue with being represented by a criminal.

Well there's a surprise.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tubberman

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 07, 2011, 03:02:45 PM
we have tds proclaiming their allegiance to enda 'because hes from the west' so what? hes the leader of a small country and hes going to favour one side of it? sure lets have three days a week when the dail spends the its time talking about 'western issues'. this shite  has to stop!  the last election was supposed to be a watershed, a change,

i'm in no doubt that ming is probably great craic and soundbite materail but no matter what he says now smart arses in the dail are going to say 'go way and have a smoke' his credibility is out the window. hes compromised

Well the next Taoiseach will be a Mayoman, the next Tainiste a Galwayman, the next Minister for Finance is from a stone throw across the eastern side of the Shannon and Pat Rabbitte is another Mayoman, but I can tell you that these men are no Western Politicians, they are National ones. They are not parochial in the slightest, they have the best interests of Ireland @ heart. Its a bit rich coming from you lawnseed, you think Gerrry Adams is the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm pretty sure your views are blurred by the fact that he is a 6 county man. Not sure he would have got elected anywhere in the Republic without so many 6 county blow-ins as in Louth or borderarea.

Again Ming is not a one trick pony, his views on turf cutting and on cleaning up Irish politics are quite interesting. Sure you didn't know who he was about a week ago, like Gerry still getting acclimtised to the politics of the Republic  ;) You will have to turn off the BBC NI & UTV and turn on RTE, TV3 & TG4.

For a self proclaimed Irish "republican" (pull the other one), you sure are a partitionist attitude that would put even Michael Martin to shame. At least Gerry Adams and Sinn Féin are directly involved in All-Ireland politics. I note that FG's entire election manifesto contained a grand total of zero references to the six counties.

Well firstly, it was a GE in the Republic of Ireland, not the island of Ireland.
Secondly, please see http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=18498.0
Thirdly, do you plan on pasting that picture of Gerry Adams every time somebody disagrees with you and you're unable to make a valid argument?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on March 07, 2011, 03:38:18 PM

Well firstly, it was a GE in the Republic of Ireland, not the island of Ireland.
Thirdly, do you plan on pasting that picture of Gerry Adams every time somebody disagrees with you and you're unable to make a valid argument?

Well firstly, it was a General election in the 26 counties but for a party which describes itself as the United Ireland Party, is it a big stretch to imagine that it might make even a single solitary reference to the six counties in it's manifesto? Particularly when we consider that one third of the Good Friday Agreement, which was supported by the electorate in the entire 32 counties, deals with the All-Ireland Institutions?
Secondly, I'll believe it when I see it.
Thirdly, I plan on putting up that picture of Gerry Adams every time someone puts up a post which is not, as you put it "a valid argument" but rather a typical "SF are all terrorists and criminals" post. Ironic that so many in the 26 counties over the years have been telling people in the north it's time to move on let the past be the past and urging unionists to share power with SF on that basis, yet the second Gerry Adams stands for a seat in the 26 counties, suddenly the past must be dragged up at every available opportunity and the cynics and users, at every opportunity, drag up the names of seemingly the only two victims of the conflict (Jean McConville & Jerry McCabe).

Finally, neither of my posts were directed at you but thanks for your input  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Billys Boots

QuoteThirdly, I plan on putting up that picture of Gerry Adams every time someone puts up a post which is not, as you put it "a valid argument" but rather a typical "SF are all terrorists and criminals" post.

Well you'll have to take it down immediately, as my post was nothing of the sort.  It was a retort to the comical post decrying Ming Flanagan as unworthy to serve in Government as he smokes cannabis.  Want to have another go?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebigfella

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 07, 2011, 04:14:01 PM

Well firstly, it was a General election in the 26 counties but for a party which describes itself as the United Ireland Party, is it a big stretch to imagine that it might make even a single solitary reference to the six counties in it's manifesto? Particularly when we consider that one third of the Good Friday Agreement, which was supported by the electorate in the entire 32 counties, deals with the All-Ireland Institutions?
Thirdly, I plan on putting up that picture of Gerry Adams every time someone puts up a post which is not, as you put it "a valid argument" but rather a typical "SF are all terrorists and criminals" post. Ironic that so many in the 26 counties over the years have been telling people in the north it's time to move on let the past be the past and urging unionists to share power with SF on that basis, yet the second Gerry Adams stands for a seat in the 26 counties, suddenly the past must be dragged up at every available opportunity and the cynics and users, at every opportunity, drag up the names of seemingly the only two victims of the conflict (Jean McConville & Jerry McCabe).

Finally, neither of my posts were directed at you but thanks for your input  ::)

In the 26 counties that make up the Republic of Ireland then?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 07, 2011, 04:21:19 PM
QuoteThirdly, I plan on putting up that picture of Gerry Adams every time someone puts up a post which is not, as you put it "a valid argument" but rather a typical "SF are all terrorists and criminals" post.

Well you'll have to take it down immediately, as my post was nothing of the sort.  It was a retort to the comical post decrying Ming Flanagan as unworthy to serve in Government as he smokes cannabis.  Want to have another go?

Your post didn't mention Ming or cannabis.  You refered to the disbelief you seem to have that "a SF apologist would have an issue with being represented by a criminal." Seems fairly clear you regard SF as being criminals from that to me.

Nally Stand

Quote from: thebigfella on March 07, 2011, 04:21:46 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 07, 2011, 04:14:01 PM

In the 26 counties that make up the Republic of Ireland then?

At least read the full sentence before you reply.

Banana Man

answer me this lads, how come it's fine to lable Gerry a big bad terrorist etc but yet laud eamon gilmore as the new tanaiste in waiting, when he has more of a case to answer than gerry - I'll not hold my breath

Maguire01

growing pot or using it is a crime!!!!

if we turn a blind eye to this sure lets have a few granny robbers or rapists or white collar criminals.
Two points:
a) Talk about a black and white view of the world. To equate growing a bit of hash for personal use with rape is ridiculous; and
b) Have you always had such views against criminal activity? Robbery? Racketeering? Possession of illegal weapons? Shooting/bombing? Smuggling? Laundering? Counterfeiting? Membership of illegal organisations? They're all crimes. And a lot more serious than this one.

ludermor

I think he is pissed off Ming isnt buying his gear from recognised republician dealers.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ludermor on March 07, 2011, 06:19:24 PM
I think he is pissed off Ming isnt buying his gear from recognised republician dealers.

:D  :D  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

deiseach

Quote from: Banana Man on March 07, 2011, 04:26:53 PM
answer me this lads, how come it's fine to lable Gerry a big bad terrorist etc but yet laud eamon gilmore as the new tanaiste in waiting, when he has more of a case to answer than gerry - I'll not hold my breath

1) Proximity. Gilmore's association with terrorists is a lot further in the past
2) Does he have a bigger case to answer? According to CAIN, the Provos killed 1,711 people versus 52 killed by the Stickies.

pintsofguinness

Well said; it beggars belief that a SF apologist would have an issue with being represented by a criminal.
It beggars belief that people voting FF or FG all their lives would have an issue with a "terrorist" being in government. 

Quote from: deiseach on March 07, 2011, 07:56:35 PM

1) Proximity. Gilmore's association with terrorists is a lot further in the past
2) Does he have a bigger case to answer? According to CAIN, the Provos killed 1,711 people versus 52 killed by the Stickies.
That's alright then. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 07, 2011, 08:07:22 PM
It beggars belief that people voting FF or FG all their lives would have an issue with a "terrorist" being in government. 

Quote from: deiseach on March 07, 2011, 07:56:35 PM

That's alright then.

The War of Independence and Civil War was a long time ago, no current T.D., Senator, M.E.P., or Local representative of Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil fought in Civil War or where members of the Old I.R.A. or Army Comrades Association. Can you promise us none of the current representatives of Sein Féin weren't involved in terrorism?

I believe Eamonn Gilmore, I don't believe Gerry Adams.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.