fer fecks sake.. MING!!!??

Started by lawnseed, March 06, 2011, 02:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 08:39:36 PM
Well the people of Roscommon made a far saner decision in voting for Ming than those in Louth did in voting for the I was never in the I.R.A. Baron of Manor of Northstead.

For a fella who claims to be republican you like to use a monarchist tone...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 06, 2011, 08:12:16 PM
Whats so bad about Ming?  He doesn't lead a party, he will have little say in Government but I'd say he'll get as much for Roscommon as he can.

Re: fer fecks sake.. MING!!!??  Isn't that why he was elected?

Absolutely nothing bad (as said already smokes hash who cares) he was without doubt the best candidate we had with the best policies I'm sure he'll work his ass off to get things done.

Shame some on the outside looking in felt it was a protest/joke vote.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 06, 2011, 08:50:42 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 08:39:36 PM
Well the people of Roscommon made a far saner decision in voting for Ming than those in Louth did in voting for the I was never in the I.R.A. Baron of Manor of Northstead.

For a fella who claims to be republican you like to use a monarchist tone...

Ya I know, I shouldn't be bigging up the Emperor of the Universe.    ;D 

If Your talking about the lad from Belfast, he didn't have to take the Baron title, all he had to do was wait until the end of this current parliament in Westminister and not put his name up for re-election. He knew the rules (or should have) before he ran for the Westminister parliament. The fact that he is a British Baron is entirely a result of his own actions.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

i know we'll do away with the dail bar and put in a huge big bong for all the boys to blow ::) growing pot or using it is a crime!!!!
without getting into the legalise pot arguement here we have a newly elected td admitting to breaking the law by cultivating an illegal substance. if we turn a blind eye to this sure lets have a few granny robbers or rapists or white collar criminals. its the same old shite the nod and the wink "ah sure mings a great fella" its precisely this stuff that has the country fukd. we have tds proclaiming their allegiance to enda 'because hes from the west' so what? hes the leader of a small country and hes going to favour one side of it? sure lets have three days a week when the dail spends the its time talking about 'western issues'. this shite  has to stop!  the last election was supposed to be a watershed, a change, i'm in no doubt that ming is probably great craic and soundbite materail but no matter what he says now smart arses in the dail are going to say 'go way and have a smoke' his credibility is out the window. hes compromised
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 11:00:50 PM
we have tds proclaiming their allegiance to enda 'because hes from the west' so what? hes the leader of a small country and hes going to favour one side of it? sure lets have three days a week when the dail spends the its time talking about 'western issues'. this shite  has to stop!  the last election was supposed to be a watershed, a change,

i'm in no doubt that ming is probably great craic and soundbite materail but no matter what he says now smart arses in the dail are going to say 'go way and have a smoke' his credibility is out the window. hes compromised

Well the next Taoiseach will be a Mayoman, the next Tainiste a Galwayman, the next Minister for Finance is from a stone throw across the eastern side of the Shannon and Pat Rabbitte is another Mayoman, but I can tell you that these men are no Western Politicians, they are National ones. They are not parochial in the slightest, they have the best interests of Ireland @ heart. Its a bit rich coming from you lawnseed, you think Gerrry Adams is the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm pretty sure your views are blurred by the fact that he is a 6 county man. Not sure he would have got elected anywhere in the Republic without so many 6 county blow-ins as in Louth or borderarea.

Again Ming is not a one trick pony, his views on turf cutting and on cleaning up Irish politics are quite interesting. Sure you didn't know who he was about a week ago, like Gerry still getting acclimtised to the politics of the Republic  ;) You will have to turn off the BBC NI & UTV and turn on RTE, TV3 & TG4.

thebigfella

i know we'll do away with the dail bar and put in a huge big bong for all the boys to blow ::) growing pot or using it is a crime!!!!
without getting into the legalise pot arguement here we have a newly elected td admitting to breaking the law by cultivating an illegal substance. if we turn a blind eye to this sure lets have a few granny robbers or rapists or white collar criminals. its the same old shite the nod and the wink "ah sure mings a great fella" its precisely this stuff that has the country fukd. we have tds proclaiming their allegiance to enda 'because hes from the west' so what? hes the leader of a small country and hes going to favour one side of it? sure lets have three days a week when the dail spends the its time talking about 'western issues'. this shite  has to stop!  the last election was supposed to be a watershed, a change, i'm in no doubt that ming is probably great craic and soundbite materail but no matter what he says now smart arses in the dail are going to say 'go way and have a smoke' his credibility is out the window. hes compromised

One point, are you on the electoral role in the south? Do you pay tax to the British or Irish government?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: thebigfella on March 07, 2011, 12:12:11 AM

One point, are you on the electoral role in the south? Do you pay tax to the British or Irish government?

No representation without taxation  :D

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 06, 2011, 05:51:31 PM
Ming is one of the good guys. if we had more like him we'd be better off. His guiding light in decision making seems to be what he believes is right, not what he's told to do. So what if he smokes a bit of dope? It should be legal anyway, far less dangerous than alcohol.

Know the lad personally and counldn't agree more. He is an extremely astute lad with a great intellect and a good social consience. good on him.

Tubberman

::) You should be embarrassed
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Tubberman on March 07, 2011, 09:29:35 AM

At least people who disagree with him will never be dug up from bogs forty years later, not all our current TD's can say that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on March 07, 2011, 11:25:17 AM

At least people who disagree with him will never be dug up from bogs forty years later, not all our current TD's can say that.

Cracker of a post.

Billys Boots

Well said; it beggars belief that a SF apologist would have an issue with being represented by a criminal.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ross4life

Yup a few weeks ago he didn't know who he was
Quote from: lawnseed on February 26, 2011, 11:34:35 PM
forgive me but whats the 'ming' thing where did that come from

And now having read some tabloid newspaper that painted a evil picture of Ming you feel the need to start a thread how you suddenly think he's a bad guy?

Lawnseed i have nothing against you & in the past you had some interesting threads/topics I'm afraid this one is an embarrassement particularly those comments highlighted.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

The independents that are head scratchers for me are Mick "40mil in debt" Wallace and Shane "the Irish banks are not aggressive enough (2004)" Ross.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 07, 2011, 12:03:03 PM
Well said; it beggars belief that a SF apologist would have an issue with being represented by a criminal.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore