Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

Quote from: BennyCake on February 14, 2012, 08:29:43 PM
Calm down folks. We did great to beat Kerry, but we can be woeful too. Anyone remember the first half display against Cork?

Just don't get carried away.

i hate this kind of craic about not getting carried away. I've been a big critic of armagh the past few years ( though i dont post much on here), so i'm just happy we actually beat kerry, and nearly cork, rather than get 2 tankings.

No doubt we could have a few poor results ahead of us, but most of us are just a bit happy only cause expectations were rock bottom at the start of the season, just read the comments from some people after the down mckenna cup game. Whatever about the national league (which i never go to watch), never read anything into a mckenna cup game!

BennyCake

Quote from: Orchardman on February 14, 2012, 11:04:46 PM
i hate this kind of craic about not getting carried away. I've been a big critic of armagh the past few years ( though i dont post much on here), so i'm just happy we actually beat kerry, and nearly cork, rather than get 2 tankings.

No doubt we could have a few poor results ahead of us, but most of us are just a bit happy only cause expectations were rock bottom at the start of the season, just read the comments from some people after the down mckenna cup game. Whatever about the national league (which i never go to watch), never read anything into a mckenna cup game!

That post made absolutely no sense whatsoever, orchardman.

Captain Obvious

No Armagh follower will get carried away just proud of the two fine results so far credit to O'Rouke.

armaghniac

One swallow does not make a summer. We had a pretty good day against Down last year, but this was followed by a less than satisfactory performance against Derry.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Yis are hateful cnuts in Armagh!!

Two cracking games without your Cross lads FFS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Quote from: lawnseed on February 14, 2012, 08:25:42 PM
so its 10 minutes before the all irl final 2012 and your in croker in the armagh dressing room.. who do you think will be doing the teamtalk..? or to be more precise who do you want to hear doing the teamtalk? paddy or grimley?

It'd be very unfair to the ladies' manager not to let him get on with it himself.

Orchardman

Quote from: BennyCake on February 15, 2012, 01:52:29 AM
Quote from: Orchardman on February 14, 2012, 11:04:46 PM

That post made absolutely no sense whatsoever, orchardman.

It simply says I dont believe anyone is getting carried away, so we don't need others ( it's not just you that has said it) telling us to keep our heads out of the clouds and calm down. i think my previous post is very clear

yellowcard

Grimley is the man calling the shots, POR is only there as a figurehead and to carry out media duties. It probably suits well enough since it allows Grimley and Hughes to concentrate on the coaching and carry out the decision making.

LeoMc

Quote from: lawnseed on February 14, 2012, 08:25:42 PM
so its 10 minutes before the all irl final 2012 and your in croker in the armagh dressing room.. who do you think will be doing the teamtalk..? or to be more precise who do you want to hear doing the teamtalk? paddy or grimley?

Depends who the Manager has put in place to do that job.
I would rather have the Coach doing the coaching,the fitness trainer doing the fitness training, the water carrier doing the water carrying and the bus driver driving the bus.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: yellowcard on February 15, 2012, 02:05:23 PM
Grimley is the man calling the shots, POR is only there as a figurehead and to carry out media duties. It probably suits well enough since it allows Grimley and Hughes to concentrate on the coaching and carry out the decision making.

It suits now when the team is winning and playing well but what happens when the results go against us, which they will.  DOes tha manager take the fall?  The role of a no 2 is a safe role. 

sheamy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 15, 2012, 04:08:49 PM

It suits now when the team is winning and playing well but what happens when the results go against us, which they will.  DOes tha manager take the fall?  The role of a no 2 is a safe role.

Yep  :)

yellowcard

In Armaghs case it's obvious to all and sundry that POR is only keeping the seat warm for Grimley. The noises I was hearing a few weeks ago suggested he might not last the duration of the League though this possibility appears to have subsided with recent results.

It really is a strange set up and irrespective of how things develop this year I cannot understand why the CB didn't just give Grimley the job altogether. Maybe it was too much for them to have to appoint him after the previous managerial appointment debacle when Grimley pulled out of the race.

Applesisapples

Quote from: yellowcard on February 15, 2012, 08:54:12 PM

In Armaghs case it's obvious to all and sundry that POR is only keeping the seat warm for Grimley. The noises I was hearing a few weeks ago suggested he might not last the duration of the League though this possibility appears to have subsided with recent results.

It really is a strange set up and irrespective of how things develop this year I cannot understand why the CB didn't just give Grimley the job altogether. Maybe it was too much for them to have to appoint him after the previous managerial appointment debacle when Grimley pulled out of the race.
You've got it right, face saving way of appointing Paul Grimley.

BerfArmagh

I firmly believe Grimley has made a difference in terms of attitude & preparation. I actually think he & POR make a good team. To be honest I have a lot of time for POR, I think some very poor defending & decision making from supposedly experienced players really let him down last year (Especially in Omagh) One thing i will say, the team has always played with a fair degree of heart under O Rourke, for example even though they were poor against Wicklow they really gave everything, despite form & limitations to get the draw last year. Again this year after a dreadful first half against Cork, they really caome out and gave their all in the second half.

As good a performance as it was against Kerry, one has to admit Kerrys attitude and appetite would also have to come into questons. I think alot of the new yound players are still finding their feet, you can see that they are starting to find a bit of a balance between defence and attack.

I have been really impressed with Forker, & I think anto duffy has been v good, though he needs to score more. Vernon & Mackin are forming a good partnership & its good to see Donaghy regaining some form. We may not win anything this year, but when Jamie, Haratty & Kernan's come back I think we have the making of a useful team who will put it up to anyone...

Looking forward to the rest of the season... if we beat Mayo we are in with a great chance of keeping our division 1 status.....

Dougal Maguire

I assume it's appropriate to resurrect this thread.
Careful now