Bye bye Ricky Nixon...

Started by blanketattack, February 22, 2011, 02:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

The Ozzies are as bad as the Yanks for this "I have a problem" guff.
You have a problem alright Ricky.
You were caught.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

stephenite

Quote from: Jinxy on February 24, 2011, 12:45:11 PM
Quote from: stephenite on February 24, 2011, 02:33:41 AM
Del Santo and Nixon are the only real eejits, the rest of the photographs she swiped off Del Santos laptop and were part of some sort of nonsense of a team holiday - she than released the pictures to the media claiming there was a huge scoop to come about all the St. Kilda team however once it became apparent that the girl is as mad in the head as they come it all sort of fizzled out

You're thinking of Sam Gilbert.

Correct Jinxy, cheers.

I know a lad in Melbourne who played a round of golf with one of the journalists from the Heald Sun, says he was told by this journo that he had seen a picture of one of St. Kildas main players getting head of a rookie player, apparently part of an initiation ceremony. The lad that told me this is 100% trustworthy but he wouldn't put his house on whether or not the journalist was winding him up. I'd have me doubts also but sure it's a good story.

As for Ricky, good enough for him

ballinaman

Quote from: stephenite on March 08, 2011, 12:55:51 AM
Del Santo and Nixon are the only real eejits, the rest of the photographs she swiped off Del Santos laptop and were part of some sort of nonsense of a team holiday - she than released the pictures to the media claiming there was a huge scoop to come about all the St. Kilda team however once it became apparent that the girl is as mad in the head as they come it all sort of fizzled out

Correct Jinxy, cheers.

I know a lad in Melbourne who played a round of golf with one of the journalists from the Heald Sun, says he was told by this journo that he had seen a picture of one of St. Kildas main players getting head of a rookie player, apparently part of an initiation ceremony. The lad that told me this is 100% trustworthy but he wouldn't put his house on whether or not the journalist was winding him up. I'd have me doubts also but sure it's a good story.

Woah woah woah.....WTF?? No way that could be true....but lets spread the rumour anyways.

tommysmith

Quote from: ballinaman on March 08, 2011, 01:58:11 AM

Correct Jinxy, cheers.

Woah woah woah.....WTF?? No way that could be true....but lets spread the rumour anyways.

Why do you say that?

ballinaman

Quote from: tommysmith on March 08, 2011, 09:25:38 AM

Correct Jinxy, cheers.

Why do you say that?
Jaysus i dunno like, sounds like something out of Sleepers...Kevin Bacon shtyle like.

tommysmith

Quote from: ballinaman on March 08, 2011, 09:34:52 AM
Quote from: tommysmith on March 08, 2011, 09:25:38 AM

Correct Jinxy, cheers.

Why do you say that?
Jaysus i dunno like, sounds like something out of Sleepers...Kevin Bacon shtyle like.

:D

One of them St Kilda lads is known over there for a bit of that craic though that was why i questioned you saying it couldnt be true.

orangeman

Banana Man

I'm glad the GAA doesn't have initiation ceremonies! I know rugby lads that down pints of each others piss for initiation ffs

Jinxy

Jaysus I couldn't manage a whole pint.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

HeaveHo

Correct Jinxy, cheers.

I know a lad in Melbourne who played a round of golf with one of the journalists from the Heald Sun, says he was told by this journo that he had seen a picture of one of St. Kildas main players getting head off a rookie player, apparently part of an initiation ceremony. The lad that told me this is 100% trustworthy but he wouldn't put his house on whether or not the journalist was winding him up. I'd have me doubts also but sure it's a good story.

Tommy Walsh is a rookie.

Sounds like a News of the World story. A few of my mates are ex AFL players (none from St Kilda) - plenty of stories about team chops and spit roastings but none about the teabags on the chin. Sounds like the journo is confusing St Kilda with an outlaw motorcycle gang or a prison movie.

stephenite

There's only two gay Irishmen, one is called Olly and the other is not called Tommy.
I'd imagine it's rubbish if only because of some of the tweets from that nutbag Kim Duthie suggest she's the one that started the whispers

HeaveHo

Quote from: stephenite on March 10, 2011, 08:21:41 AM
There's only two gay Irishmen, one is called Olly and the other is not called Tommy.I'd imagine it's rubbish if only because of some of the tweets from that nutbag Kim Duthie suggest she's the one that started the whispers

Were they in Sydney last week?

stephenite

Quote from: HeaveHo on March 10, 2011, 03:07:04 PM
Quote from: stephenite on March 10, 2011, 08:21:41 AM
There's only two gay Irishmen, one is called Olly and the other is not called Tommy.I'd imagine it's rubbish if only because of some of the tweets from that nutbag Kim Duthie suggest she's the one that started the whispers

Were they in Sydney last week?

I don't know.

Fear ón Srath Bán

From the Hoganstand.com, gone but not repentant:

Nixon hit with two-year agent ban
Australian Rules agent Ricky Nixon
24 March 2011

Ricky Nixon, the controversial agent who has led the recruitment of talented young GAA stars to Australia, has been banned for two years by the AFL's player representative body.

Nixon resigned as a registered agent earlier this month and admitted substance abuse as the St Kilda internet picture scandal came to a head.

The brash Aussie had admitted having an inappropriate relationship with the 17-year-old girl who caused a furore by posting pictures of naked St Kilda players on her Facebook page before Christmas.

Despite his resignation, the AFL Players Association pledged to continue its formal investigation into Nixon's affairs and the representative body has now handed down a two-year agent accreditation ban.

AFLPA board chairman Ian Prendergast said, "Ricky Nixon has been an AFL player agent for over 15 years. He has been an innovator in the industry, and he has contributed much to the promotion of player rights and interests throughout this time.

"However, the board has found today that Ricky has in recent times made serious errors of judgment, which warrant a serious response."

In response, Nixon is reported to have hit back at what he alleges was the "flawed process" of the investigation, and made "no apology and no admissions".

The 47-year-old made several high-profile trips to Ireland in recent years and has been seen as the driving force behind the recruitment of top young GAA players such as Tommy Walsh by Aussie Rules clubs.

Nixon can appeal the AFLPA's decision to the AFL Grievance Tribunal within 14 days, while the possibility remains that he will also initiate legal proceedings to challenge the ruling.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stephenite

I have to wonder if some ordinary Joe was found to have been in a hotel room, half naked with a teenage girl and cocaine would he not be facing a jail term