Bye bye Ricky Nixon...

Started by blanketattack, February 22, 2011, 02:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Jinxy

I look forward to seeing TV3 chase him around the countryside.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

"Shamed Gaa sex scandal scout Ricky Nixon flees to Ireland"

What are we to make of a headline like that?
Anyway, I presume the schools he's intending to "scout" (stalk?) will be calling the guards if he shows up.

muppet

http://www.news.com.au/national/nixon-to-face-grilling-from-players-group/story-e6frfkvr-1226010426770

Industry sources say rival sports managers are bracing for players managed by Nixon to start shopping around in the wake of the scandal.
The mother of Nixon-managed Essendon player David Zaharakis said they were waiting until "everything comes out" before making a decision on whether to ditch Nixon.
Peter Dal Santo, dad of St Kilda player Nick, said he was sure his son would make "the right decision" about his management.
Richmond player Jack Riewoldt's mother Leslie said this week she was "cognisant" of the situation but didn't want to comment further.

Is it just me or is having your Ma or Da talking for you a bit odd?
MWWSI 2017

mannix

If he did the deed with a 17 year old I think he will be shunned by some people and no harm neither.what age is he?

BallyhaiseMan

Hes 40 something mannix.
Im laughing my hole off at this whole scandal.
What were the players and Nixon thinking???

screenexile

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2011, 04:51:06 PM
http://www.news.com.au/national/nixon-to-face-grilling-from-players-group/story-e6frfkvr-1226010426770

Industry sources say rival sports managers are bracing for players managed by Nixon to start shopping around in the wake of the scandal.
The mother of Nixon-managed Essendon player David Zaharakis said they were waiting until "everything comes out" before making a decision on whether to ditch Nixon.
Peter Dal Santo, dad of St Kilda player Nick, said he was sure his son would make "the right decision" about his management.
Richmond player Jack Riewoldt's mother Leslie said this week she was "cognisant" of the situation but didn't want to comment further.

Is it just me or is having your Ma or Da talking for you a bit odd?

Sure was Del Santo not outed by this doll a while back with his lad in his hand??

stephenite

Del Santo and Nixon are the only real eejits, the rest of the photographs she swiped off Del Santos laptop and were part of some sort of nonsense of a team holiday - she than released the pictures to the media claiming there was a huge scoop to come about all the St. Kilda team however once it became apparent that the girl is as mad in the head as they come it all sort of fizzled out

HiMucker

Holy Jaysus can a guy not get up to a little devilment anymore without fear of it being plastered over the tinternet :D  I'm going on a stag do in a few weeks and I'm shittin my togs for two reasons: 1) IF I wind up in a similar situation/opportunity to Mr Nixon Il blow me junters straight away.  2)_There will be video or photographic evidence of the incident splattered all over Spacebook or Myface straight away and not only will the missus be tryin to kill me (as i am in the precarious position of being worth more dead than alive) but more importantly Il be gettin the piss ripped out of me for blowin me junters near instantaneously  :-\:D Its like American Pie without the humour

rrhf

Will that whole groupie / hotel room sleazy side show actually encourage more lads to give it a go - What about that Wexford hurler - Looks like hes cut out for the Aussie rules.   

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: HiMucker on February 24, 2011, 09:47:46 AM
Holy Jaysus can a guy not get up to a little devilment anymore without fear of it being plastered over the tinternet :D  I'm going on a stag do in a few weeks and I'm shittin my togs for two reasons: 1) IF I wind up in a similar situation/opportunity to Mr Nixon Il blow me junters straight away.  2)_There will be video or photographic evidence of the incident splattered all over Spacebook or Myface straight away and not only will the missus be tryin to kill me (as i am in the precarious position of being worth more dead than alive) but more importantly Il be gettin the piss ripped out of me for blowin me junters near instantaneously  :-\:D Its like American Pie without the humour

;D ;D ;D

rrhf

I wonder has Nixon arrived yet,  and in the light of the scandal has he still been able to get the lads out?

Jinxy

Quote from: stephenite on February 24, 2011, 02:33:41 AM
Del Santo and Nixon are the only real eejits, the rest of the photographs she swiped off Del Santos laptop and were part of some sort of nonsense of a team holiday - she than released the pictures to the media claiming there was a huge scoop to come about all the St. Kilda team however once it became apparent that the girl is as mad in the head as they come it all sort of fizzled out

You're thinking of Sam Gilbert.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

qz

Nixon stands down

VETERAN player agent Ricky Nixon has stood down from his role as head of Flying Start, the AFL player agency and promoter, citing health reasons and a need to seek treatment for a "substance problem".

In a statement released tonight by email, Nixon said that after 20 years of player management, he was taking an "indefinite break", and that he would seek "help, counselling and appropriate treatment".

The statement noted that he would "go to a rehabilitation clinic to seek treatment for a substance problem that has impacted on my life and my decision-making, particularly over the last eight weeks".

He stated that the break would assist him "to deal with a number of personal health issues. It is important for both my own health and wellbeing and that of my family to do so immediately."

Nixon has been at the centre of a storm after allegations made that he had engaged in a sexual liaison with the girl at the centre of a storm involving St Kilda players. The girl appeared on Sixty Minutes on Sunday night, and made several allegations against Nixon.

These allegations have made his role as a player agent problematic, and have led to an ongoing enquiry by the AFL Players' Association, under the guidance of leading barrister David Galbally, QC.

Nixon stated that in regard to matters under consideration by the AFLPA, "I stand by my original statement in relation to this matter".

Nixon returned from overseas on Sunday night, and made his announcement late on Monday night after consultations with family, friends, and colleagues.

He asked for privacy as he sought "clinical treatment" and apologised to "everyone for the impact caused by these recent events."

His statement follows:

"After 20 years involvement in player management, I am now taking an indefinite break to deal with a number of personal health issues.

"It is important for both my own health and wellbeing and that of my family to do so immediately.

"I have returned to Australia having spent the last two weeks overseas, where I had the opportunity to seek help for my personal issues.

"With the understanding and support of family and close friends, I have decided that I will go to a rehabilitation clinic to seek treatment for a substance problem that has impacted on my life and my decision-making, particularly over the last eight weeks.

"Given recent events and with the encouragement of friends, I believe it is the right time for me to seek help, counselling and appropriate treatment.

"While overseas, I have been in contact with the AFLPA and have stated that I will cooperate fully with the investigation currently being undertaken by David Galbally QC. I stand by my original statement in relation to this matter.

"I am so lucky to have the support of my employees and the players that I manage and while I know this time has not been easy for them I think it is important for both staff and players at Flying Start that I immediately relinquish all responsibilities and activities a player manager would normally undertake.

"I have full faith in the staff at Flying Start to operate as usual without my involvement.

"As someone who has been involved in the football industry for more than 30 years I understand the interest in this story but I do ask for the privacy needed to be able to undertake clinical treatment without the intrusion of the media.

"I also ask that the media leaves my family, friends, staff and players alone. I know these events have caused them enough distress.

"I would like to thank people for the enormous amount of support I have had both here and overseas.

"This is a significant challenge and one that I am committed to get through and coming out a better person. I would like to sincerely apologise to everyone for the impact caused by these recent events."

rrhf

Well that seems to be that. Who would have thought that all  we needed was a 17 year old girl, a cheap hotel room and a bag of dope and the problem would go away.