The Best Football Points and Saves

Started by laochra_gael, February 21, 2011, 04:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: time ticking away on February 23, 2011, 11:45:21 PM
Peter Canavan has yet to be mentioned... unbelieveable
Ulster semi final 1994 v Donegal and Ulster semi 1995 v Derry
The first was on a horrible wet day and the second was after a great hit from Henry Downey

He was mentioned.
MWWSI 2017

time ticking away

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2011, 11:47:28 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on February 23, 2011, 11:45:21 PM
Peter Canavan has yet to be mentioned... unbelieveable
Ulster semi final 1994 v Donegal and Ulster semi 1995 v Derry
The first was on a horrible wet day and the second was after a great hit from Henry Downey

He was mentioned.
I cant find it if he was
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

muppet

Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2011, 11:25:19 PM
Off the top of my head:

Maurice Fitz as suggested above, also his first Munster Final (1988?) I seem to remember wondering who the beanpole scoring an amazing point was.

CmcD: Two points in 2006 AIF first half - bad day but fantastic scores
Derek Duggan: Equaliser 1991 Connacht Final
Eamon McEneaney (spelling?) 1985 AIF semi-final equaliser
Martin Daly Clare - back heel point
Sean O'Domhnaill 1998 Final (I know Galway men that told me they could never lose when SOD scored from 50 yards)
Sean Og De Paor 1998 after that run by Donnellan
Johnny McGurk v Dubs 1993 importance of the score and his taking responsibility
Tom Brewster v Armagh 2004 timing and importance
Gooch - any number of those taking on his man and making just a yard of space before hooking over with the left or right
Dessie Dolan - sideline from the 21 the day he missed from straight in front of the posts to beat Meath
Canavan - any number but that free v Armagh. One small step for Canavan one giant point for Tyrone
Steve O'Neill - any number of scores but a recent league opener v Dub from the end-line springs to mind
Larry Tomkins - 1987 a very long free in the last minute v Galway to equalise and another in the opening minutes of the 1989 final v Mayo from where Maurice Fitz scored with the left in 1997.
MWWSI 2017

time ticking away

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2011, 11:55:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2011, 11:25:19 PM
Off the top of my head:

Maurice Fitz as suggested above, also his first Munster Final (1988?) I seem to remember wondering who the beanpole scoring an amazing point was.

CmcD: Two points in 2006 AIF first half - bad day but fantastic scores
Derek Duggan: Equaliser 1991 Connacht Final
Eamon McEneaney (spelling?) 1985 AIF semi-final equaliser
Martin Daly Clare - back heel point
Sean O'Domhnaill 1998 Final (I know Galway men that told me they could never lose when SOD scored from 50 yards)
Sean Og De Paor 1998 after that run by Donnellan
Johnny McGurk v Dubs 1993 importance of the score and his taking responsibility
Tom Brewster v Armagh 2004 timing and importance
Gooch - any number of those taking on his man and making just a yard of space before hooking over with the left or right
Dessie Dolan - sideline from the 21 the day he missed from straight in front of the posts to beat Meath
Canavan - any number but that free v Armagh. One small step for Canavan one giant point for Tyrone
Steve O'Neill - any number of scores but a recent league opener v Dub from the end-line springs to mind
Larry Tomkins - 1987 a very long free in the last minute v Galway to equalise and another in the opening minutes of the 1989 final v Mayo from where Maurice Fitz scored with the left in 1997.

Ah i see
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Estimator on February 23, 2011, 11:01:31 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 23, 2011, 07:23:37 PM
Johnny McGurks winning point v Dublin in all ireland semi in 1993. Fantastic score. Also Eamon Burns point for Derry v Down in 1991. Think it won score of the championship that year.
It didn't. For some reason the BBC's Championship ran a Goal of the Championship, not a Score of the Championship '91. In 1992, it changed to Score of the Championship.
Remember Eamons point well , fantastic score it was, (did Mark"Tyson" Gallagher win goal of the year in 91?)

timmyot501

I thought the 1991 ulster score of the championship on BBC was a Ray McCarron goal against Cavan in castleblayney.

orchard 8195

Quote from: timmyot501 on February 24, 2011, 11:15:17 AM
I thought the 1991 ulster score of the championship on BBC was a Ray McCarron goal against Cavan in castleblayney.

Think i already pointed out this score was in 1993, seen that eamonn burns score on youtube, absolutely brilliant.

Estimator

Quote from: orchard 8195 on February 24, 2011, 12:08:29 PM
Quote from: timmyot501 on February 24, 2011, 11:15:17 AM

Think i already pointed out this score was in 1993, seen that eamonn burns score on youtube, absolutely brilliant.
First round match against Cavan in 93
Ulster League Champions 2009

screenexile

Any self respecting Derry man will confirm that McCarron's goal was in 1993 as we all have (or should have) the 'Gaelic Games' Video from the time.

On that subject actually how would one go about putting that on a DVD?!!

Royalranter

Cian Wards sideline to force a replay between Meath and Dublin in 07
Also numerous Joe Sheridan points over the last 5 years scored from either a serious distance or a serious angle!!
Maurice fitz point from the sideline against Dublin (i think it was around the late 90's early 00's,
Let em know your there

fearglasmor

Matt connor turning John O'Keeffee inside out before firing over in the 82 final.

Bogball XV

Quote from: screenexile on February 24, 2011, 12:31:46 PM
Any self respecting Derry man will confirm that McCarron's goal was in 1993 as we all have (or should have) the 'Gaelic Games' Video from the time.

On that subject actually how would one go about putting that on a DVD?!!
http://www.howtodothings.com/electronics/a4015-how-to-convert-vhs-to-dvd.html   - you can buy one of them converters for about €50 or €60 nowadays.

maybe the easiest thing to do is to see if the dvd is out yet?

upmonaghansayswe

This from Paddy Cuningham at Comortas Peile na Gaeltachta, a week ago.
Watch from about 9:50 on.
http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?content=600145801217