The Best Football Points and Saves

Started by laochra_gael, February 21, 2011, 04:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: cornerback on February 21, 2011, 04:48:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUelK6iVL7s&feature=related

3mins 25sec in Eamonn Burns v Down in 1991
its the first one that came into my head. wat a score af skill control and finish lol
Dont Do It

Estimator

Not technically a save, but Scullions dive to block Boyles shot in the 1993 Ulster Final.
Ulster League Champions 2009

orchard 8195

bitve a random 1 and prob not many remember it. Colm corkery against clare 1st round of munster 93. Unbelievable top corner goal, only remember it because have tape of that year and randomly watched it recently. Also a massive point was ronan Clarkes in 2nd half of AI final 02 with the left peg around the 45!!! Class.

Orangemac

TG4 could just show a montage of Ronan Clarke scores ( 3 v Wexford 2008, 2 vs Kerry 2006, goal v Tyrone 2009, 2 v Fermanagh 2005) not to mention numerous beautiful assists ( v Laois 2005, v Kerry 2006) , stick in a bit of Kanye West audio and Roberts your fathers brother. Programme sorted.  ;)

oakleaf stateside

skinners goal vs down think it was 04 wee john mcgurk AI semi 93 who wud forget
Dont Do It

ONeill

Stephen O'Neill's goal v Mayo 2004
Lyng's goal v Tyrone 2008
Steven McDonnell's goal v Tyrone in the '03 AIF.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

oakleaf stateside

i was 10 when this goal was hit. it came of the left boot of ray mc carron from monaghan in 1993 vs cavan.cant find footage of it any wer it was some goal
Dont Do It

muppet

Off the top of my head:

Maurice Fitz as suggested above, also his first Munster Final (1988?) I seem to remember wondering who the beanpole scoring an amazing point was.

CmcD: Two points in 2006 AIF first half - bad day but fantastic scores
Derek Duggan: Equaliser 1991 Connacht Final
Eamon McEneaney (spelling?) 1985 AIF semi-final equaliser
Martin Daly Clare - back heel point
Sean O'Domhnaill 1998 Final (I know Galway men that told me they could never lose when SOD scored from 50 yards)
Sean Og De Paor 1998 after that run by Donnellan
Johnny McGurk v Dubs 1993 importance of the score and his taking responsibility
Tom Brewster v Armagh 2004 timing and importance
Gooch - any number of those taking on his man and making just a yard of space before hooking over with the left or right
Dessie Dolan - sideline from the 21 the day he missed from straight in front of the posts to beat Meath
Canavan - any number but that free v Armagh. One small step for Canavan one giant point for Tyrone
Steve O'Neill - any number of scores but a recent league opener v Dub from the end-line springs to mind
Larry Tomkins - 1987 a very long free in the last minute v Galway to equalise and another in the opening minutes of the 1989 final v Mayo from where Maurice Fitz scored with the left in 1997.

MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Who was the fella from Clare who scored a ridiculous back heeled point a few years back?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DownFanatic

A Benny Coulter goal for Mayobridge in a Down U-16 final against Liatroim Fontenoys in 1998. Best solo goal I have ever seen.

Watch from 1 minute 30 seconds into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=amallon#p/u/52/Wi9ZufwO5tU

muppet

Quote from: DownFanatic on February 21, 2011, 11:39:43 PM
A Benny Coulter goal for Mayobridge in a Down U-16 final against Liatroim Fontenoys in 1998. Best solo goal I have ever seen.

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 21, 2011, 11:36:20 PM
Who was the fella from Clare who scored a ridiculous back heeled point a few years back?

Lads do ye nordies read at all? I blame your teachers.

Back heel was mentioned in the previous post and this thread is not about goals.
MWWSI 2017

Orangemac

Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2011, 11:15:51 PM

Steven McDonnell's goal v Tyrone in the '03 AIF.
I have saw this hit the net in my mind but never in reality unfortunately.

DownFanatic

Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2011, 11:41:21 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on February 21, 2011, 11:39:43 PM

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 21, 2011, 11:36:20 PM

Lads do ye nordies read at all? I blame your teachers.

Back heel was mentioned in the previous post and this thread is not about goals.

I wasn't very well educated. Blame the British education system.

omagh_gael

Dooher's point along the sideline is my own personal favourite. However, for pure determination and skill I'd include the gooch's effort against Sligo in 09 when he beat about three men who continued to hang off him and he still managed to sling it over the bar. Amazing.

Although not the best save in the world but for pure timing and importance i'd have to include Pascal Mc Connell's save from Declan O'Sullivan's shot in the dying minutes or the 08 AI final.