Plane crash at Cork Airport - Flight from Belfast. 6 confirmed dead

Started by Tubberman, February 10, 2011, 10:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

RIP to all who died.....I've been on that plane a few times...scary stuff even in good weather :-\
The Aristocrat Years

sammymaguire

Terrible tragedy this morning. A miracle how anyone walked away alive
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

giveherlong

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on February 10, 2011, 05:08:46 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 10, 2011, 04:38:25 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2011, 04:33:15 PM
Quote from: mick999 on February 10, 2011, 04:31:52 PM
This is what he tweeted:

On Thursday 10th February 2011, @EamonnMallie said:

In the coming hours the scale and depth of expertise lost to NI will emerge as a result of the plane crash in Cork. At dheis De go raibh anamacha.

I'd imagine that means the fact that there is bound to be experienced, good, business people that use that flight.

He tweeted earlier:

Reports reaching me that one of those aboard crashed plane in Cork is linked to prominent family with North South links. Two sources."

I have heard since that a Belfast based business man from Tyrone has died in the crash.

Pat Cullinan, a partner in KPMG originally from Omagh is one of the dead, another is a linked to the presidents husband.

Pat was from Glenelly. Sincere sympathies are extended to his family in Cranagh

ziggysego

Quote from: giveherlong on February 10, 2011, 11:09:51 PM
Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on February 10, 2011, 05:08:46 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 10, 2011, 04:38:25 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2011, 04:33:15 PM
Quote from: mick999 on February 10, 2011, 04:31:52 PM
This is what he tweeted:

On Thursday 10th February 2011, @EamonnMallie said:

In the coming hours the scale and depth of expertise lost to NI will emerge as a result of the plane crash in Cork. At dheis De go raibh anamacha.

I'd imagine that means the fact that there is bound to be experienced, good, business people that use that flight.

He tweeted earlier:

Reports reaching me that one of those aboard crashed plane in Cork is linked to prominent family with North South links. Two sources."

I have heard since that a Belfast based business man from Tyrone has died in the crash.

Pat Cullinan, a partner in KPMG originally from Omagh is one of the dead, another is a linked to the presidents husband.

Pat was from Glenelly. Sincere sympathies are extended to his family in Cranagh

Yeah, we went to the same school in Plumbridge, although he was before my time.
Testing Accessibility

balladmaker

Very sad.  Condolences to the families and friends who have lost loved ones, may the deceased rest in peace.  May the injured make a speedy and full recovery.

Tragic.

Eamonnca1

What awful news. Landing's always the scary part. I remember landing in Healthrow once in really thick fog after spending about 20 minutes in a hold. Felt the bump almost at the same time as seeing the runway appearing, amazing how accurate the automatic landing stuff can be.  You could tell it was an auto landing because it was as smooth as ice, a very gentle bump.  Wouldn't want to say anything about the specifics of this case until the investigation is done though. I hope they can come up with some safety improvements.

I always say "nice landing" to the pilot on the way out if he's standing near the front and he made a smooth landing. Always seems to make their day, not the sort of thing they'd hear very often.

muppet

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 11, 2011, 02:04:15 AM
What awful news. Landing's always the scary part. I remember landing in Healthrow once in really thick fog after spending about 20 minutes in a hold. Felt the bump almost at the same time as seeing the runway appearing, amazing how accurate the automatic landing stuff can be.  You could tell it was an auto landing because it was as smooth as ice, a very gentle bump.  Wouldn't want to say anything about the specifics of this case until the investigation is done though. I hope they can come up with some safety improvements.

I always say "nice landing" to the pilot on the way out if he's standing near the front and he made a smooth landing. Always seems to make their day, not the sort of thing they'd hear very often.

Is there a hook under that worm?

Do yourself a favour and retract all of that non-sense.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Aaron Boone

Cork due to reopen 2moro. There's a poss the pilots didn't have the fuel for Farrenfore and had 2 make the 3rd approach. It's Internet chat. We'll all know soon.

boojangles

Milltown Row2

Was speaking to my boss tonight, home and happy to be alive, was strange talking to him. He is physically in good health and i hope he is in a good mental state. Wont be surprised to see him in work on Monday morning.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paco

Read an interview with one of the survivors in today's paper, must have been a horrible experience. R.I.P. all those who died.

wicked

RIP to the deceased. Those small jets always have made me uneasy when flying in them.

muppet

Apparently the first pice of debris on the runway was some broken green glass. It was found in the centre of the runway.

Likely to have to been the starboard nav light.

MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

What would that indicate muppet? That the starboard wing was down lower and she wasn't levelled out coming in? (i.e. did the green light clip the tarmac?)