Ard Mhacha v Muineachán - 20/02/11 - Ard Mhacha

Started by Maguire01, February 07, 2011, 08:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I don't think there is overconfidence, but if we can't win a home game against a team likely to be in the lower half of the division, then we might as well just go to division 2 and I don't see how that benefits Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

get up there

so the same team out as last time lads,, any changes??? vincey martins out any more???

lawnseed

Quote from: bennydorano on February 15, 2011, 08:08:38 PM
Good to see Armagh fans haven't lost the fickle as f**k approach, dont understand the (over?) Confidence, different game to the Dubs, the intensity will fall back to normal league levels, the minds wont be as focused, i fancy a Monaghan win. (prob good for Armagh tbh)

benny surely thats the managers job to ensure that the team are up for every game, i wouldnt like to think that only games against big name opposition get attention, i've no doubt the admission fee will be the same ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ck

For what it's worth, here is my prediction...

Monaghan will win by a few points.
Armagh are on the slide. They will have a worse year than last year. Paddy has zero respect from the players. Things are far from rosy behind the scenes.

whitegoodman

Do u no alot of the players??

And they have told u this then have they??

Are is this u just surmising or being controversial for the sake of being controversial??

ck

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 17, 2011, 09:06:01 PM
Do u no alot of the players??

And they have told u this then have they??

Are is this u just surmising or being controversial for the sake of being controversial??

No not trying to be controversial. I know it to be true. Watch the Armagh results over the next few months!

mackers

The Armagh team is listed in the IN. Two enforced changes with Miceal O'Rourke in for B Mallon and Finn Mo in to replace V Martin. Neither change increases or decreases our chances IMO. BJP is listed as CF with MOR at CHF, they may swap positions???
Hope Grugan has learnt from his first league game and shows us a little more of his potential. If we can out the silly mistakes from the last day we could sneak a win. I'd say it could be a high scoring match going by both teams first outing although the weather forecast is poor.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

DuffleKing

Looks like a more deliberate synopsis of the usual formation with bjp coming out around the middle to leave 2 inside. Have to say, padden doesn't inspire me - i thought he was awful against the dubs.

We should be beating this monaghan team out the gate - 4/5 point win expected.

gander

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 18, 2011, 10:13:09 AM

Looks like a more deliberate synopsis of the usual formation with bjp coming out around the middle to leave 2 inside. Have to say, padden doesn't inspire me - i thought he was awful against the dubs.

We should be beating this monaghan team out the gate - 4/5 point win expected.

I though padden played well in the first half against the Dubs, faded in the second half but its early days yet.  Anyone have the full team listing?

gander

never mind have it here:

1. Philip Mc Evoy Dromintee

2. Andy Mallon Pearse Og

3. Brendan Donaghy Clonmore

4. Finnian Moriarty Wolfe Tones

5. Kevin Dyas Dromintee

6. Ciaran Mc Keever St. Patrick's

7. Paul Duffy Pearse Og

8. Kieran Toner Granemore

9. Charlie Vernon Armagh Harps

10 Rory Grugan Ballymacnab

11 Micheal O'Rourke Dromintee

12. Malachy Mackin St. Patrick's

13. Billy Joe Padden Carrickcruppin

14. Gareth Swift Armagh Harps

15. Steven McDonnell Killeavy

16. John Mc Cullagh Carrickcruppin

17. Gavin McParland Ballymacnab

18. Colm Watters Cullaville

19. Conor Clarke Pearse Og

20. John Murtagh Crossmaglen

21. Brian Mallon Tir na nOg

22. Gareth O'Neill Dromintee

23. Declan McKenna Armagh Harps

24. James Lavery Maghery

DuffleKing

Defenders are very thin on the ground looking at that squad

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 18, 2011, 11:09:45 AM

Defenders are very thin on the ground looking at that squad

You could push Vernon back if necessary.  Is it that there are so many injuries or just simply a dearth of defensive talent?

DuffleKing

Who's injured? Martin - is there anyone else? ak is obviously an experienced defender to come in but beyond that we're all hopeful for McKeown & Morgan but they've never played at this level. to be honest, it'd have to be a hell of an emergency to countenance playing cv in defence in my book, toner back would probably be more likely.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 18, 2011, 11:40:12 AM

Who's injured? Martin - is there anyone else? ak is obviously an experienced defender to come in but beyond that we're all hopeful for McKeown & Morgan but they've never played at this level. to be honest, it'd have to be a hell of an emergency to countenance playing cv in defence in my book, toner back would probably be more likely.

true, Toner would be a better defensive option.  The reality though is that there are not a whole pile of options defensively once there are a few injuries. 

DuffleKing

Very odd that the likes of shannon from dromintee or smith from mullaghbawn aren't on the panel for cover, even in the short term.