Ard Mhacha v Muineachán - 20/02/11 - Ard Mhacha

Started by Maguire01, February 07, 2011, 08:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Very watery looking subs bench, a couple of injuries and we'd be screwed.  Lavery must be kat with the hamstrings??  Always seem to be bothering him

armaghniac

QuoteVery watery looking subs bench

Watery looking day too. This will diminish the crowd.

SUNDAY will start off dry across the eastern half of the country with some sunny spells. However cloud and rain will push in from the west early on, extending countrywide later in the day. Breezy throughout, with mainly fresh southeast winds persisting. Mild though, with temperature ranging 9 to 12 degrees.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mackers

Sure we'll be kept warm and dry sitting in our brand new stand!! 8)
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

QuoteSure we'll be kept warm and dry sitting in our brand new stand!! 8)

Indeed we will, God Bless it.
They should have an underground car park under the stand for season ticket holders.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 18, 2011, 11:51:32 AM

Very odd that the likes of shannon from dromintee or smith from mullaghbawn aren't on the panel for cover, even in the short term.

Can't understand Shannon's ommission from the panel. Only 2 players best suited to the full back line in that entire squad. Hopefully young Morgan has the mental strength for a speedy intercounty development. I can envisage him starting against Down in the championship.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

get up there

fan01

no sure they were told that there services were not needed anymore....martin o'rourke, barry shannon and one of the kernans.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 18, 2011, 09:35:29 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on February 18, 2011, 11:51:32 AM

Very odd that the likes of shannon from dromintee or smith from mullaghbawn aren't on the panel for cover, even in the short term.

Can't understand Shannon's ommission from the panel. Only 2 players best suited to the full back line in that entire squad. Hopefully young Morgan has the mental strength for a speedy intercounty development. I can envisage him starting against Down in the championship.
Is Morgan the great white hope for corner back then? TBH I'd rather Finn Mo there myself as there are plenty of options in the HB line.

Maguire01

M Keogh
K Duffy   D Hughes   C Walshe
D Wylie   D Mone   D Hughes
N McAdam   D Clerkin
G Doogan   M Downey   J Turley
C McGuinness   P Finlay   C McManus

I don't expect Darren Hughes to stay @ #3 - probably a swap between him and Dessie Mone. Also Downey and Finlay likely to swap places if we're struggling to get the ball in to the forwards.

Anyone else hear if any of the regulars are available on the bench? Lennon? Freemans? Corey? K Hughes?

Maguire01

I see this game seems to be listed for 2.45 - anyone know why the change?

armaghniac

It has been at 2:45, partly to ensure that the hurling game before does not have to start too early.

It seems the rain might not reach Ulster until later in the day. If this leads to a decent crowd then the 2:45 start will suit as the people who were trying to get there for 2:30 will still be trying to get parked! 

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 19, 2011, 01:59:51 PM
M Keogh
K Duffy   D Hughes   C Walshe
D Wylie   D Mone   D Hughes
N McAdam   D Clerkin
G Doogan   M Downey   J Turley
C McGuinness   P Finlay   C McManus

I don't expect Darren Hughes to stay @ #3 - probably a swap between him and Dessie Mone. Also Downey and Finlay likely to swap places if we're struggling to get the ball in to the forwards.

Anyone else hear if any of the regulars are available on the bench? Lennon? Freemans? Corey? K Hughes?

We could do with a bit more differentiation on the Hughes issue.. I'd say Darren at FB, David at WHB. I'd imagine Corey will feature at some stage, possibly for Wylie or Keith Duffy. As far as I know Kieran Hughes is out for another few weeks, though I stand corrected.

lawnseed

i said armagh would win by a couple of points; looking at the squad we've out i'm jumping ship- monaghan by 5 or 6 as calls for the head of POR go from a murmer to a din
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

DuffleKing

Can't see monaghan beating us with that forward line

mackers

They have two top freetakers from either side............need to be disciplined in the tackle (esp Finn Mo).
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.