Off duty cop shoots robber in Belfast

Started by Dougal Maguire, February 03, 2011, 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

shamrock i dont think they all have guns off duty, i think they have to get permission, its not their 'work gun' as far as i know its one they buy. the debate about the weapons started when some cop shot their spouse in a domestic and was fueled buy revelations that alot of cops were actually in need of counselling, probably because they had lost a packet in property and the ira had let them down by persuing a political path instead of providing them with loads of overtime and ready access to the SPED scheme ie a scheme where the taxpayer would buy their house at the original price (inflated) to allow them to move for their own "safety"
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 03, 2011, 10:56:36 PM
Shooting the hoor dead sounds a bit ott. Do all off duty PSNI lads pack heat?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Milltown Row2

Lawnseed, would you carry a gun about if you thought your life was threatened?

this is the way it's been, is it right? not really

i very much doubt they need counselling because of losing money in the property market, your trying to be funny by your really crap at it TBH.

Lawseed you sound the type had you been brought up a Prod would have been a proper RUC man, possibly a B Special given half the chance.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lawnseed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2011, 11:16:08 PM
Lawnseed, would you carry a gun about if you thought your life was threatened?

this is the way it's been, is it right? not really

i very much doubt they need counselling because of losing money in the property market, your trying to be funny by your really crap at it TBH.

Lawseed you sound the type had you been brought up a Prod would have been a proper RUC man, possibly a B Special given half the chance.
wha? milltown i own several guns, what has religion got to do with my post? how do you know i'm not protestant? i think you need counselling if you want to talk about 'type'

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

So we all support the death penalty then Indeed to hell with the court system just shoot on site and save all the tax payers the cost of a trial.
Careful now

muppet

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 03, 2011, 11:41:59 PM
So we all support the death penalty then Indeed to hell with the court system just shoot on site and save all the tax payers the cost of a trial.

You're right, lets invade Liverpool and the world will be a better place.

Thank you for your clarity.
MWWSI 2017

tyssam5

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 03, 2011, 10:04:34 PM
Presumeably the rest of the story will emerge tomorrow with more details, but the first thing I thought was why could this officer not have held him at gunpoint before calling colleagues?

Good plan, but the man wielding the knife would have to agree to it as well. Perhaps he didn't I'm sure there will be a few witnesses at that time of the day.

nrico2006

Quote from: Puckoon on February 03, 2011, 10:00:12 PM
Hard to say it can't be justified when you've someone weilding a knife and committing an armed robbery. Potentially excessive? Maybe - but its pretty low on details currently.

If you're going to step outside of the law - be prepared for the worst.

Agreed.  I was waiting on the usual brigade to come out preaching that the poor robber didn't deserve this, that he should have been shot in the legs etc.  Next thing we will have his weeping mother on TV saying how he was a good boy and how the officer in question should be charged for murder.  Maybe a few more incidents like this would make the cowards think twice about going about with knives and going into shops and terrifying innocent people trying to earn a wage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Good enough for him and well done to that copper. If it were my sister or mother behind the counter I would want the copper to do exactly this. The low life went out to rob without regard for anyone so f.uck him.  And as for this 'shoot him in the leg' that is complete bull. Shoot him dead and he will not kill anyone with his knife now. Shoot him in the leg and he would probably get ££££££ in compo.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 03, 2011, 10:58:44 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2011, 10:57:26 PM
If he wasn't out robbing he wouldn't have been shot, let that be a lesson to all of ye potential criminals
Was that aimed at tyrone girl?

I don't think tyrone girl deserves to be shot for using red diesel.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Shoot him in the leg? Which leg? Where in the leg? Why not be really careful and just shoot him in the little finger?

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on February 04, 2011, 10:27:47 AM
Shoot him in the leg? Which leg? Where in the leg? Why not be really careful and just shoot him in the little finger?

Aye, some on here must have watched too much Cagney and Lacey back in the day. We don't even know if the robber agreed to stand still long enough to allow the officer to take proper aim.

Groucho

Quote from: Hardy on February 04, 2011, 10:27:47 AM

Too many on here believe all they see on Starsky and Hutch ::)
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

paco

Did your man have his weapon drawn when the robber ran at him?

Minder

It sounds like the robber was armed with a butchers knife and a hard on.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"