Off duty cop shoots robber in Belfast

Started by Dougal Maguire, February 03, 2011, 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 03, 2011, 10:20:00 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 03, 2011, 10:07:12 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on February 03, 2011, 10:02:12 PM
Exactly...we've one less knife wielding criminal on the streets this evening!
One more murderer.
Convicted already? Maybe the robber attacked the peeler with the knife? If he attacked me I'd put a bullet in him too.
Yes so would I, but in the foot or leg or something. Incapacitate the ****. Not shoot him dead. You'd think they'd have been trained on how to deal with situations like this.

Milltown Row2

Yeah again I'll wait. Hate knife crime and had he come at me I'd probably shoot him also (him or me situation) but these criminals don't care about what they do, or lives they destroy. would we be saying different had this guy actually killed an attendant at a station?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lawnseed

this will kick off the whole personal protection weapons debate again, i think it was last year the shinners wanted the guns off the cops when they were'nt on duty
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Puckoon

I dont know about you fellas - but if news arrived at my old mans door that I'd been shot and killed trying to rob a store - he wouldnt have too many complaints. I think he'd be right.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You go out with a lethal weapon with a threat to use it, don't be surprised what comes your way.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Minder

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 03, 2011, 10:40:58 PM
You go out with a lethal weapon with a threat to use it, don't be surprised what comes your way.

Hear hear, or here here as they say on the Gaa Board, when someone is armed with a deadly weapon they can have no complaints if they are met with lethal force. I am sure he was a "gentle giant".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

STREET FIGHTER

Personally dont have a great deal of sympathy for the robber- well at least until i hear the full story.

But someone's father, son, brother, cousin has been killed which is never a good thing.

Saying that he may of been the lowest of the low and i suppose it's lucky no-one else was killed.

Over the Bar

Isn't it funny how those with right-wing views are quick to defend a policeman shooting a man with a knife dead without needing to know anything further about the case/facts/situation.

I pity the defendant gets you lot on jury duty!! ;D

sammymaguire

Why do off duty police men walk around with loaded guns?  ???

Dirty cowardly bastards, the pair of them but he should not have been shot dead ffs
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Shamrock Shore

Shooting the hoor dead sounds a bit ott. Do all off duty PSNI lads pack heat?

The Real Laoislad

If he wasn't out robbing he wouldn't have been shot, let that be a lesson to all of ye potential criminals
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2011, 10:57:26 PM
If he wasn't out robbing he wouldn't have been shot, let that be a lesson to all of ye potential criminals
Was that aimed at tyrone girl?

Minder

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 03, 2011, 10:54:44 PM
Isn't it funny how those with right-wing views are quick to defend a policeman shooting a man with a knife dead without needing to know anything further about the case/facts/situation.

I pity the defendant gets you lot on jury duty!! ;D

I dont think he was going to peel an apple with the knife.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 03, 2011, 10:58:44 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2011, 10:57:26 PM
Was that aimed at tyrone girl?

Poor choice of words there Tony. Even if Illdecide aims at her all the time.

ardal

I know of someone who got into their car after a few pints. smashed it into a mother and her young daughter. He didn't mean to kill them, he din't even have a lethal weapon; or did he. Perhaps he should also have aimed for their legs?