Tribune gone...

Started by 5 Sams, February 01, 2011, 11:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

The newspaper model is broken. there is no way the Irish times is going to go to a sunday edition. The advertising market has collapsed.  The Indo is in serious trouble as well . 

heffo

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2011, 02:21:42 PM
The newspaper model is broken. there is no way the Irish times is going to go to a sunday edition. The advertising market has collapsed.  The Indo is in serious trouble as well .

The only part of the Indo/Herald business making money is the online part.

Print in it's current model is on it's way out.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mackers on February 02, 2011, 02:10:45 PM
Hopefully Clerkin, Shannon and McKenna get jobs fairly sharpish and I will follow them to whichever paper has the foresight to employ them.

I believe that's called stalking.

hsthompson

Anyone heard/read if any of the Tribune journalists have started writing elsewhere? You'd imagine with the Championship just around the corner some outlet would have the foresight to take McKenna or Shannon on. I see Suzanne Breen is doing a bit for the Belfast Telegraph now, I was at a talk with her and Malachi O'Doherty yesterday and she said The Sunday Tribune was the best paper she ever worked on, and she's had some career

RedandGreenSniper

Sunday Tribune Editor Noirin Hegarty is now the online editor of the Indo; Shane Coleman is gone to Newstalk; Mick Clifford has been doing bits of freelance.

In sport Enda McEvoy and Kieran Shannon have been signed up by the Examiner - a great move which strengthens furthers the best GAA daily in the county. Malachy Clerkin contributes regularly to a sports talk show on Setanta and writes a good weekly column on their website. I can't imagine it will be long until a paper snaps him up full-time but the market is volatile towards such acquisitions. Haven't heard of Evan McKenna going anywhere yet, a pity.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 26, 2011, 11:08:56 AM
Sunday Tribune Editor Noirin Hegarty is now the online editor of the Indo; Shane Coleman is gone to Newstalk; Mick Clifford has been doing bits of freelance.

In sport Enda McEvoy and Kieran Shannon have been signed up by the Examiner - a great move which strengthens furthers the best GAA daily in the county. Malachy Clerkin contributes regularly to a sports talk show on Setanta and writes a good weekly column on their website. I can't imagine it will be long until a paper snaps him up full-time but the market is volatile towards such acquisitions. Haven't heard of Evan McKenna going anywhere yet, a pity.

Ewan McKenna has been writing a blog for Eircom recently. I was hoping he'd go back to the Kildare Nationalist.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?