NFL Division 4 2011

Started by Rossfan, January 30, 2011, 08:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Roscommon line up to play the Kats (four changes)

Geoffrey Claffey
Seán McDermott
Donal Ward
Niall Carty
David Keenan
Conor Beirne
Peter Domican
Karol Mannion
James Connaughton
Conor Devanney
Senan O'Grady
Kevin Higgins
Terence Kelly
Donie Shine
John Rogers
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Must be at least a 30 point hiding for the Cats today ;), the handicap is 28 Ross and they have beaten the handicap the last 4 games!! I'm saying they will beat it today as well, only just mind you :o

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2011, 10:48:12 AM
Must be at least a 30 point hiding for the Cats today ;), the handicap is 28 Ross and they have beaten the handicap the last 4 games!! I'm saying they will beat it today as well, only just mind you :o

i would inclined to agree with you if we where still fighting for promotion but i expect our troops to ease off & fergal will use the full panel of players

Anyways i'm hitting the road for Kiltoom to see how good Kilkenny are or in there case bad! at least the misery ends today for them.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Well that game was a non-event in 70mins  Kilkenny managed 1 point a free from 30 yards out..summed up how bad they are!

The main news was the return Seamus "Shaq"O'Neill he dominated midfield but got injured near the end (hopefully nothing serious as he limped off the field) Higgins,O'Grady also got injured.

Mannion missed a last minute penalty hitting the base of the post but regardless of opposition 25 points without the like's of Kilbride,Shine,Cregg,Finneran,Devanney & O'Gara is a decent return.

Shamrock Shore

My only thoughts coming out of Pearse Park was "God help us all".

Two teams playing awful football - but Leitrim playing the slightly less awful but they just countn't score.
Longford had at least 12 wides.

The stiff breeze did play its part but not a deciding influence.

Had the two teams been a dog most of the crowd there would have voted to put the dog out of its misery.
A win at home to Carlow will seal promotion but I wouldn't be buying sites in Division 3

ross4life

Wicklow v Clare
Longford v Carlow

Who's your money on for 2nd place?

Shamrock Shore

Wicklow will beat Clare.

So the focus is on Longford at home to Carlow. Carlow managed by ex-Longford and ex-Meath (for a millisecond) manager Luke Dempsey.

Having seen Longford at close quarters yesterday, and having no clue on what sort of football Carlow play, I cannot call this. I am hoping home advantage will tell cos I have nothing else to hang my coat on.

So - Longford to win and come second and a duel in Croke Park against the Rossies.

But Jazes, if Longford draw and Wickla win then I think we scrape it over better scoring (as we drew agin Wickla head to head won't count).

Should Sky Sports do a Super Dooper Sunday with live tv from Longford and Aughrim?

Edit - Longford are +1 on Wicklow so if Wicklow win by more than a point and Longford draw then Micko is in Division 3.

If Wicklow win by a point and Longford draw then I assume a playoff in a neutral venue.

Rossfan

Nice to see tha lads scoring 19 times in one half as they did yesterday.
It's a case of "Mission accomplished" with Promotion mathematically assured now.
Hope Fergal uses the last 2 games to give all the committed dedicated panellists a game or 2.
good to see Shaq back , let's hope his injury is not too serious.
I wouldnt discount Carlow but if they and Wicklow win the mountainy men have amuch better score difference so Micko the grabber will win a trophy at long last.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stevecw

Nice for once to be involved at this end of things...but in reality no we won't take even a point from Longford. I can tell u now Longford will win this by at least 6 points, 2-13 to 0-10 is my guess.

Wicklow will beat Clare too, and easily 2-14 to 1-7

Shamrock Shore

Stevecw

Luke will have Carlow riz for this one. Longford will be very nervous seeing the promised land in sight.

We need the Bull Masterson and Davy Barden to put in the same performance as yesterday and if Brian Kavanagh thinks for 70 minutes that he's playing for Kilmacud then we should take the points.

But not one cent of my hard earned will be placed on it.

ross4life

i see Jimmy Gacquin foolishly played Cathal shine when he was clearly unfit.. he aggravated his injury on Sat & will now be out for the rest of the season.

ross matt

Quote from: ross4life on April 05, 2011, 08:36:56 PM
i see Jimmy Gacquin foolishly played Cathal shine when he was clearly unfit.. he aggravated his injury on Sat & will now be out for the rest of the season.

For the rest of the season????
Please tell me you mean league season?

ross4life

Quote from: ross matt on April 05, 2011, 10:41:57 PM

O'Donnell said "looks like he's gone for the season" while Gacquin said "many months out"

Shamrock Shore

Not good news for the Rossies! Sorry to hear this news.

ross matt

Quote from: ross4life on April 05, 2011, 11:02:40 PM
Quote from: ross matt on April 05, 2011, 10:41:57 PM

Bad blow. Explains why he was'nt moved centre forward or midfield on saturday.

O'Donnell said "looks like he's gone for the season" while Gacquin said "many months out"