NFL Division 4 2011

Started by Rossfan, January 30, 2011, 08:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

No idea how there doing in the other games but they have given us two decent games in the last 8 months so at least there making more of a effort than the Kilkenny footballers

Will be interesting to see how London do in the remaining league games
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mannix

Yes, I would agree with you there. Kilkenny would be cannon fodder for a mddling club would beat them, they are shameless, sounds like they don,t bother training.

spectator

Listened in to the commentary on Shannonside yesterday. Cor Blimey Mate! Or should that be Gordon Bennett! London were "playing an unusual 12 - 1 - 2 formation" as they funnelled almost everyone back behind the ball setting up a defensive fortress in front of their goalie. Ros found this logjam extremely difficult to break down. After a nip and tuck first half, a couple of Ros points in injury time helped them into a 3 point lead, with the commentators noting there were "no passages of good play at all and it's brutal football." As often happens, London's defensive effort began to take its toll on them in the second half as fatigue started to set in. Now playing with the breeze, Ros began to find openings as cracks started to appear in the London defence. Both sides emptied their benches as it became clear Ros weren't going to be caught, having opened up a six point lead by the 55th minute. Worryingly though, we kicked 8 wides during the second half, 13 in all. London to their credit then rallied, but suffered a further blow when their goalie - who'd had a good game up to that point - & GH collided, resulting in both going off injured, leaving a 14 v 14 game for the remaining five minutes or so. Ros took advantage scoring their only goal during this period through Senan O'Grady, following a good four man move. All six starting forwards and midfielder KH scored while MF put in a near man of the match display at midfield. On the downside, SP suffered what looked like a hamstring injury early on. The Shannonside lads summarised the game from a Ros point of view as a laboured effort in the first half followed by a workmanlike display in the second. David Keenan captained Ros on the day. Clearly a lot of work is required in Ros, but three out of the 4 points on offer so far keeps us on track. London put in a massive defensive effort which ultimately fell short, but they deserve a lot of credit for that as they made things extremely difficult for Ros throughout. For the Emerald Park boys, Eoin O'Neill kicked three points from frees, John Collins (Elphin) had 2 first half points from play, while Padraig McGoldrick and Sean Kelly also kicked second half points.

ross4life

FT in Carrick on Shannon Leitrim 1-10 Wicklow 1-16, Leitrim played with 13 men for last 15 mins or so... late goal for Micko's men sealed the win.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Roscommon have picked the same team that started in London, Heneghan & Purcell picked up bad knocks over there i'm surprised to see them make the team sheet.

Won't be a easy game V Carlow as we are finding scores hard to come by... but hopefully we get the required 2pts & performance wise we improve.

ross4life

Well that Longford result tonight was a surprise i suppose the first of many in this Division who would be the two favouries for promotion now?

Shamrock Shore

Delighted with result. Must say, I didn't expect it. My Dad went to the match and said half the 1500 crowd were from Longford. Well done lads.

sammymaguire

Roscommon should be one, the other from Wickla, Fermanagh and Longford I reckon
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ExiledGael

Won't be Fermanagh if last night is anything to go by. Deserved to lose by double figures.

ross4life

Just back from a cold,wet & very windy Hyde park

The 11pts win did not flatter us as we must have kicked 13 wides & missed some good goal chances

Michael Finneran was my MOTM maybe his best game ever for Roscommon? Higgins is also looking better with every game & C Shine had a fine game (deserved the goal at the end) All defenders played well not sure why we needed Cregg as a extra defender though?

Carlow were awful! only scoring 4pts with that strong wind tells it's own tale

3 weeks break before we play Fermanagh it's fair to say it will be a harder game.

Shamrock Shore

Shocking to see Kilkenny score 0-00 today. 70 mins of football and nere a score. I wonder did they even get a wide!

Maguire01

Quote from: ross4life on February 20, 2011, 06:59:04 PM
3 weeks break before we play Fermanagh it's fair to say it will be a harder game.
Going on last night's result, it might not!

maguire 4 mayo

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 20, 2011, 07:07:04 PM
Shocking to see Kilkenny score 0-00 today. 70 mins of football and nere a score. I wonder did they even get a wide!

Has to be one of the worst teams ever in the history of GAA
if they score point the next day...progress will have being made for them

ross4life

A couple of weeks ago a few posters on another thread compared leitrim to Kilkenny Footballers for lack of effort???

Well today's scoreline... 3-18 to 0-0 shows how foolish those comments were!

FermGael

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 20, 2011, 07:24:17 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 20, 2011, 06:59:04 PM
Going on last night's result, it might not!
Agreed
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered